The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

would take both back in a heartbeat, there is a large section ofour support that hate crwafird though

I would have McInroy and Murdoch over Doc and Crawford. Docherty has been poor over the two play off games imo.

40 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Would have said Docherty was your best midfielder tonight

Docherty is one of our better players in general. Pay no mind to the slaver.

eta - Crawford not so much. Anonymous mostly.

Edited by Nightmare

48 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

To Thistle I presume? Or are you going baws out and saying they’ll be staying with us?

I think the offer they have from us is very good , and both seem happy to be here , nothing more than that , 

56 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:
1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:
Not a chance of McInroy or Reading going 

ITK

No , but the feeling  is good , have nothing more than how the seemed to be when they left their meeting , spoke to one of them and he did not give me the feeling he was going , but it’s football and dome  clubs might get desperate and offer daft money  

52 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

To Thistle I presume? Or are you going baws out and saying they’ll be staying with us?

Yes I mean to Thistle , if not Ayr I think it will be elsewhere 

Tomi Adeloye, Kerr McInroy, Ben Dempsey & Andy Murdoch are the priorities in my opinion to get signed up

Wouldnt be against Muirhead and O'Connor staying on, wouldnt be fussed if they moved on, its obvious Moffat will stick around on as a backup and on the coaching team, no issues with that

Maxwell, Reading, Albinson, Baird not bothered if they moved on

More interested in who the targets are for getting in

3 hours ago, bazka6 said:

We already knew that Muirhead and Baird were offered terms. The club issued a statement the other day.

https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/squad-update-end-of-season-2021-22

I’d be hoping that next week we can hear about the ones that have decided to stay maybe with the exception of Adeloye and McInroy. Would imagine we’ll be giving them a wee bit extra time to make up their mind.

10 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Would love to see Dunfermline relegated today.

It probably goes in the following order for me, in terms of who I'd like to see in the Championship.

Montrose (I've never been to Links Park)

Dunfermline

Queens Park

Airdrie

2 hours ago, RedEd said:

We already knew that Muirhead and Baird were offered terms. The club issued a statement the other day.

https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/squad-update-end-of-season-2021-22

I was surprised at how many players we have offered new contracts to, but what isn't clear is how many of them are likely to be second choice in their position. We know that Albinson will be obviously, but how many of the rest? If he is planning on bringing in 4 or 5 players who are expected to be starters then that puts quite a different slant on it.

It probably goes in the following order for me, in terms of who I'd like to see in the Championship.
Montrose (I've never been to Links Park)
Dunfermline
Queens Park
Airdrie
I want QP to visit the new Lesser Hampden. After months of no work on it they have fair cracked on with it recently.

Just now, Ayr23 said:

I want QP to visit the new Lesser Hampden. After months of no work on it they have fair cracked on with it recently.

Good point, I'd like to see what Lesser Hampden is like now. What's the capacity going to be?

The reason I'd prefer them to stay down is just because they are chucking money at it tbh.

3 minutes ago, rgreig said:

I was surprised at how many players we have offered new contracts to, but what isn't clear is how many of them are likely to be second choice in their position. We know that Albinson will be obviously, but how many of the rest? If he is planning on bringing in 4 or 5 players who are expected to be starters then that puts quite a different slant on it.

This is the hope I'm clinging to!

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Good point, I'd like to see what Lesser Hampden is like now. What's the capacity going to be?

Not a lot, from what I can find. A 1000 seat stand running the length of the pitch in phase one and a 500 seat stand for away fans in phase two. I would imagine there will be some hard standing but not convinced it'll be terraced.

11 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m more looking at whether Cammy Smith will end up being released. Would take him back.

While I’d take him back I’m not convinced David Smith would have him back. I remember him liking a tweet from an Ayr fan having a go at Cammy Smith for signing for Thistle.

I think he felt that we should of had first dibs on him when it was decided he was coming back from the states due to us letting him leave mid contract.