The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Full backs can be very limited if the player in front of them offers nothing. Houston’s best game this season was probably away to Dunfermline when O’Connor finally started a game in front of him.

If Muirhead signs then I think he might start off as our first choice right back but Houston is a decent back up.

This is also a good point, Reading was at his best when O'Connor was ahead of him, they played well together and Reading got upfield and put in a fair few good crosses, unfortunately these games / tactics were few and far between.

Found this when clearing through my stuff. 
What was the defence back then?
Rb Reid or Geggan CB Adams and Rose and Boyle at left back?
16518409851178549303885395490574.thumb.jpg.4ac04ebde968f10c6c6d1e97a43dad1a.jpg

Geggan, Rose, Higgins, Boyle?

Reid and Ferguson both covered at full back with Reid also playing CB. Then Bell signed in January and played next to Rose after Higgins got injured.

Think Adams only played centre back against Killie for 45 minutes and then in the last couple games when we were down to the bare bones in defence.

PTSD..... Auckinleck [emoji15]

It’s a shame that it’s tarnished his time with us because I quite liked him. I’m more inclined to blame McCall for playing a guy who had just been out injured for a year and had only played a full 90 minutes that season.

31 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s a shame that it’s tarnished his time with us because I quite liked him. I’m more inclined to blame McCall for playing a guy who had just been out injured for a year and had only played a full 90 minutes that season.

Even so, a man of Higgins experience should be able to track a runner. I have tried to erase it from my memory.

On 05/05/2022 at 14:28, Cardle is Magic said:

Why is Moffat getting offered a new deal at 37 having scored four league goals in the last three years?

Because from the way Moffat links up play on a good day you'd have thought he'd have spent his best years in the SPL, instead of the Juniors.

Anyway, Bullen was both a fan and player favourite at Wednesday. You have to imagine he has a degree of man management skills. Recall that legendary player-whisperer Uncle Ian often took a full season to polish the latest jobby to have ended up in the boots on the books. I still seriously hope at least two defenders are being scouted for instant first-team injection mind.

Edited by Thumper

Even so, a man of Higgins experience should be able to track a runner. I have tried to erase it from my memory.
That loss wasn't just doesn't to Higgins.

We were off the pace and Talbot are a good team. Far too many of our fans underestimated them. In

If Moffat had shooting boots, he'd have played at a very high level. His drop off, touch and passing was terrific. Sadly (at least AT EEP) goals were too few along with some howling misses.

To this day I’ll never understand what happened to his finishing when he went to EEP. Never known a striker at this level to so effortlessly skin goalies and pass the ball into an empty goal. A lot of it was speed but that one move worked countless times it was almost a cheat code.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

To this day I’ll never understand what happened to his finishing when he went to EEP. Never known a striker at this level to so effortlessly skin goalies and pass the ball into an empty goal. A lot of it was speed but that one move worked countless times it was almost a cheat code.

Would he get into most Ayr fan's dream teams? 

Would he get into most Ayr fan's dream teams? 

If I was to make a team of players I’ve seen then yeah and I’d imagine most fans feel the same.

Hope we keep giving him contracts until he’s played for us long enough to get a testimonial.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

If Moffat had shooting boots, he'd have played at a very high level. His drop off, touch and passing was terrific. Sadly (at least AT EEP) goals were too few along with some howling misses.

I don't remember seeing much of that during his first spell at Ayr. It was his work rate and energy which stood out more perhaps as he came straight from the juniors. Not sure who coached him at Dunfermline but they certainly added awareness to his game and next time around looked totally different for us

I think Moffat came back from Dunfermline as a better footballer than the one that left us but not as clinical a finisher. 
He tries to pick his spot sometimes you just wish he'd put his foot through it, for striker's I've seen in the flesh for Ayr he's on a best of list with Shankland, Hurst, Walker and then Moff

9 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:
I think Moffat came back from Dunfermline as a better footballer than the one that left us but not as clinical a finisher. 

He tries to pick his spot sometimes you just wish he'd put his foot through it, for striker's I've seen in the flesh for Ayr he's on a best of list with Shankland, Hurst, Walker and then Moff

He's up there with the best, no doubt. My favourite showing of his was against Clachnacluddin. They had scored and Moff just went ballistic, scoring two goals and at times, looked like the only Ayr player on the park wanting to be there. Should've scored about twenty that game.