The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

Was looking at potential signings for the season coming, wetting my knickers over players coming to Ayr that probably won't ever materialise.

(I was over the moon when Chalmers signed, how wrong I was 🙄 f*cking Charlatan, enjoy league one.) 

What's the chances of us getting lumbered with Leigh Griffiths? 😬

No chance

The fact that VOR announced that we’ve released players but the club haven’t said anything makes me think Bullen hasn’t spoken to everyone yet and a couple more might be leaving.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The fact that VOR announced that we’ve released players but the club haven’t said anything makes me think Bullen hasn’t spoken to everyone yet and a couple more might be leaving.

Possibly be an "offer on the table for x amount of time" type scenario. Do they not normally give a couple of weeks for players to decide as the real movement starts once the playoffs are over?

Possibly be an "offer on the table for x amount of time" type scenario. Do they not normally give a couple of weeks for players to decide as the real movement starts once the playoffs are over?

Last year I think it was a week before we announced who was away but that’s probably because no one wanted to play for Hopkin.

35 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Last year I think it was a week before we announced who was away but that’s probably because no one wanted to play for Hopkin.

Except the entire Morton team we signed.

Squad Update | End of Season 2021/22

Following the end of the 2021/22 season, Ayr United would like to confirm the position of the squad, to its supporters, for the coming season.

The Club would like to extend its thanks to all players who wore Black & White this season & a special thanks to those whose journey at Ayr United has come to an end.

We wish those players every success in their future careers and thank them for their endeavours.

Players in contract for Season 2022/23

• Aidan McAdams
  • Jordan Houston
  • Sean McGinty
  • Michael Hewitt
  • Mark McKenzie
  • Finn Ecrepont
  • Paul Smith
  • Nick McAllister
  • Fraser Bryden
  • Sam Ashford
  • Kinlay Bilham
  • Alex Jeanes

Players returning to their Parent Club

• James Maxwell
  • Blaine Rowe

Players that have been offered new terms

• Paddy Reading
  • Andrew Murdoch
  • Ben Dempsey
  • Michael Moffat
  • Charlie Albinson
  • Jack Baird
  • Daire O'Connor
  • Aaron Muirhead

Players currently in discussion

• Tomi Adeloye
  • Kerr McInroy

Players whose contracts are expiring

• Ryan Gondoh
  • Markus Fjortoft
  • Michael Miller
  • Alex Kenyon

What’s the difference between McInroy and Adeloye and the rest of the players that we’ve offered contracts to?

Have those two turned down initial offers and we’re trying to negotiate?

Would also presume that we’re making an effort to get Maxwell back next season based on VOR tweet?

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What’s the difference between McInroy and Adeloye and the rest of the players that we’ve offered contracts to?

Have those two turned down initial offers and we’re trying to negotiate?

Would also presume that we’re making an effort to get Maxwell back next season based on VOR tweet?

Perhaps they are still discussing the terms rather than making an offer yet.

I don't know, only guessing.

I'm guessing with Adeloye and McInroy it's a case of the club will maybe go higher than what they are willing to offer, where as the rest are contracts with set wages and it's a take it or leave it scenario. 

Maxwell was offered a new deal at Rangers when Thistle were in for him in January. I think they have to in order to get compensation payments. 

I never saw anything to say he signed it but if he did then Rangers will want a fee. He could then come back on loan next year or to a premier club if they see him as someone to develop. I would guess either he is planning to be contracted to Rangers next year or has no intention of returning. 

The Adeloye/McInroy difference may be down to other offers or feedback on the initial deals, meaning they are 50/50 about signing them up for next year. 

I'm guessing with Adeloye and McInroy it's a case of the club will maybe go higher than what they are willing to offer, where as the rest are contracts with set wages and it's a take it or leave it scenario. 

Aye that’s probably likely. Willing to push the boat out a bit more for those two to try and match what a Premiership club might offer.

I take it McInroy is out of contract at Celtic and not been offered a new deal so no compo required?

Liked the look of him, hopefully Dougie has made him an offer, about time we took some your players!

5 minutes ago, madton said:

I take it McInroy is out of contract at Celtic and not been offered a new deal so no compo required?

Liked the look of him, hopefully Dougie has made him an offer, about time we took some your players!

I heard he was waiting to see if Morton were going to put in an offer.

7 minutes ago, madton said:

Celtic have released him, so he’s a free agent