The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Timmins was training the youth team goalkeepers earlier in the week, maybe he's just buying time to his contract is up though, was there not talk at one time of Jimmy Nicholl as assistant they would both been at Dunfermline about the same time.

He asked Jimmy Nicholl and also Frank Connor (I think) but both although interested sadly had to decline due to other commitments. NI in the case of Nicholl and family in the case of Connor (incidentally, I think he just passed away if the same guy).

I'm sure that he said that they had already identified a couple of other targets but that they wouldn't be available until the Summer, but it definitely seems like an old head that Bullen is after.

26 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

He asked Jimmy Nicholl and also Frank Connor (I think) but both although interested sadly had to decline due to other commitments. NI in the case of Nicholl and family in the case of Connor (incidentally, I think he just passed away if the same guy).

I'm sure that he said that they had already identified a couple of other targets but that they wouldn't be available until the Summer, but it definitely seems like an old head that Bullen is after.

Think it was Donald Park not Frank Conner.

5 minutes ago, JohnGAYR said:

Think it was Donald Park not Frank Conner.

Yes, I think you're right, I've no idea where I got Frank Connor from. Actually was he not our assistant when Dalziel was here ? or am I just imagining that ??

11 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, I think you're right, I've no idea where I got Frank Connor from. Actually was he not our assistant when Dalziel was here ? or am I just imagining that ??

Connor was one of Dalziel's assistants. Whenever things started to go wrong he replaced his sidekick.

How are we expecting Ecrepont to do this year ? I saw him at Wrexham a couple of years ago and thought he'd have a decent career ahead of him, however he's never broken through and not sure how he did at Albion Rovers when loaned out.

I was always hoping we'd give him a chance as there definitely looked a player in there from the little I've seen of him and he always seems to have been highly rated, but just a surprise that he's not made that breakthrough.

44 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

How are we expecting Ecrepont to do this year ? I saw him at Wrexham a couple of years ago and thought he'd have a decent career ahead of him, however he's never broken through and not sure how he did at Albion Rovers when loaned out.

I was always hoping we'd give him a chance as there definitely looked a player in there from the little I've seen of him and he always seems to have been highly rated, but just a surprise that he's not made that breakthrough.

Hopefully Bullen sees something there and gives him a chance. At one point he was probably expected to step into the left back slot when Harvie left. Reading signing didn't help and not sure the whole situation was thought through. Definitely needs to start playing so best to sort a loan move if the first team chances are limited  

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

How are we expecting Ecrepont to do this year ?

I'd like to think he'll get some time in the league cup games, even playing Reading further forward. If he's not going to be second choice then he would be better going out on loan. 

Similarly, I thought Ecrepont looked good away to Wrexham. Strangely, I don't think I've seen him play since. He really needs games and I would agree that loaning him out may be the best bet for him and the club.

35 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

To me him saying sad to see him leave means he will still be there next season, if he was off as well he wouldn't be there to see him, then again I could be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 50b5ff7a9638091ffc1b40b5cfdac6101.jpg

I read that the same way. Think he will be re-signed 

Was looking at potential signings for the season coming, wetting my knickers over players coming to Ayr that probably won't ever materialise.

(I was over the moon when Chalmers signed, how wrong I was 🙄 f*cking Charlatan, enjoy league one.) 

What's the chances of us getting lumbered with Leigh Griffiths? 😬

Was looking at potential signings for the season coming, wetting my knickers over players coming to Ayr that probably won't ever materialise.
(I was over the moon when Chalmers signed, how wrong I was [emoji849] f*cking Charlatan, enjoy league one.) 
What's the chances of us getting lumbered with Leigh Griffiths? [emoji51]
I think in all likelihood most of us will never have heard of our new signings, Glendinning will have likely been looking down south or further afield with the international licence we have, can't see us signing many folk from the the Scottish leagues. Hopefully there is a few unpolished diamonds out there

19 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

(I was over the moon when Chalmers signed, how wrong I was 🙄 f*cking Charlatan, enjoy league one.) 

What's the chances of us getting lumbered with Leigh Griffiths? 😬

Get the feeling Griffiths is done in the top 4 tiers, could genuinely see him turning up at that mess Broomhill have been turning into over the past few years.