The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Get why folk don't like it doesn't bother me TBH just glad the club has at last embraced social media and engagement with the fans, Mathie is obviously trying to crate a more community feel and a loyalty to the club think that's what all this #WeAreUnited stuff us about.

I don’t see any issue with it. It’s clear that the club are trying to cultivate a more positive atmosphere at the club and everyone seems to be pulling in the one direction off the field so that’s good. The biggest thing that a club can do to get fans on side is win football matches. Everything else won’t matter in the long run if we have another season like last.

38 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

To be honest the self indulgent stuff the club posts doesn't really bother me. I'd rather they were talking themselves up than being doom merchants. It is impossible to please everybody, I'm just glad there is a sign of life from the social media side considering where it was just before the turn of the year.

23 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

This - I really don’t see any kind of issue. Absolutely nothing wrong with trying to promote a bit of positivity. We can’t complain about there being no engagement, and then complain about too much fan engagement. 

Totally agree.

Funnily enough we were actually just discussing a couple of weeks back how difficult it must be for Bullen having his family back in South Yorkshire while he's up here so I really can't understand how this is annoying people.

If you take the post in isolation it does look a bit a bit kiss ass but the video that it was attached to with Tony Mowbray saying how much he has missed with his son and how he has to address his work life ballance is very reveling and is something a lot us including me wish they had a better grasp on.

The club output last year was woeful and caused a lot of the issues to escalate. 
We narrowly avoided relegation and most of the team were leaving, Hopkin had a rebuilding job on and there was no social media output. It looked like nothing was going on and compared to previous years, the support were being kept in the dark.

We were told by Robbo on here most of the updates. Like nothing was going to happen for a couple of weeks as Hopkin was on holiday. Then they were announcing players when he came back along with the season tickets. The season tickets were announced but no players. Then Hopkin went on holiday again. So when it looked like nothing was going on and the fans were being kept in the dark, it turns out there was nothing going on. 
Bullen and Mathie are due time off and the fans have been kept up to date so far, albeit from the VOR rather than the club. There is a sense currently that we have our shit together now and we have a plan in place that wasn’t there last season so more people are relaxed about what is happening. There isn’t a sense that the club is shutting down for 6 weeks and will worry about players and season tickets some time in late July.

whether that continues or the plan actually works is anther matter.

57 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

In other non ayr news what in the hell is this the game has gone mad.ca59af08e01d3f578d71560c90ff0d30.jpg

They’re an absolutely nothing club. The sooner the ex-juniors overtake them and the other diddies stinking up the Lowland League the better.

In other non ayr news what in the hell is this the game has gone mad.ca59af08e01d3f578d71560c90ff0d30.jpg

Can’t wait for them to have a shite start to the season and for Ferry to be chucked. Surely that would then be the end of the partnership?

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Why would he have been in the frame?

He has been after a coaching role for a while, the coach we are after wasn’t available until the summer from the rumours going about. 

There are a few folk that could be in the frame based on that and he is one. I have no ITK information, Just a hope it wasn’t going to be him and any potential circus that would come along with him. 

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He has been after a coaching role for a while, the coach we are after wasn’t available until the summer from the rumours going about. 

There are a few folk that could be in the frame based on that and he is one. I have no ITK information, Just a hope it wasn’t going to be him and any potential circus that would come along with him. 

Fair enough. I am glad it wasn't him anyway. He strikes me as a clown.

53 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I was under the impression it was an old school father figure sort that we were after, I'm sure Bullen said as much at the Q&A night.

I’d have been more than a bit surprised if Simon Ferry had rocked up at Somerset as I find it hard to believe Lee Bullen will have any idea of who he is.

Reckon we’ll bring in someone that Bullen knows personally. I’ve no idea how our full time set looks right now besides Timmins.

Timmins was training the youth team goalkeepers earlier in the week, maybe he's just buying time to his contract is up though, was there not talk at one time of Jimmy Nicholl as assistant they would both been at Dunfermline about the same time.

The club output last year was woeful and caused a lot of the issues to escalate. 
We narrowly avoided relegation and most of the team were leaving, Hopkin had a rebuilding job on and there was no social media output. It looked like nothing was going on and compared to previous years, the support were being kept in the dark.
We were told by Robbo on here most of the updates. Like nothing was going to happen for a couple of weeks as Hopkin was on holiday. Then they were announcing players when he came back along with the season tickets. The season tickets were announced but no players. Then Hopkin went on holiday again. So when it looked like nothing was going on and the fans were being kept in the dark, it turns out there was nothing going on. 
Bullen and Mathie are due time off and the fans have been kept up to date so far, albeit from the VOR rather than the club. There is a sense currently that we have our shit together now and we have a plan in place that wasn’t there last season so more people are relaxed about what is happening. There isn’t a sense that the club is shutting down for 6 weeks and will worry about players and season tickets some time in late July.
whether that continues or the plan actually works is anther matter.
Did Hopkin go on holiday aye? Don't think you've mentioned that before [emoji23]