The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Sadly have to agree, will never forget his goals against England but seems to be a complete tit. Can only see him upsetting whichever dressing room he walks into. Think I’d pay to watch him and Fjortoft in the same team, just not for Ayr 😂

Edited by bazka6

The idea and reality of Griffiths are two different things.

we could sign him and he scores 30 goals a season.

or

We could become the latest in a growing number of teams to sign him hoping he rekindles his form of 5 years ago only to free him after scoring a handful of goals. 

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:

I don't think anyone could foresee the turnaround with McGinty to be fair. The right side needs a serious overhaul, Houston and McKenzie starting together should never happen again. Both of them were absolutely stinking in a positional sense when defending.

With Houston we've seen his purple patches and know what he's capable of, however they have been few and far between in recent times. It may all be down to confidence, but he needs to wake up before he sleepwalks into a career in the juniors. 

Bullen persisting with that right hand side was just absolutely wild - if he didn’t change it we would have been in the playoffs IMO. Shite defensively and shite offensively. Houston has around one good game in five - he plays with no aggression, is woeful on the ball and offers nothing but then at times he does have that aggression etc. He was excellent against Dunfermline away, Raith away and Kilmarnock away. 

ETA, no fucking way on Griffiths. Two goals in thirteen for Falkirk. 

Edited by No_Problemo

He's the latest on a long list of young talented scottish players who for one reason or other can't keep themselves on the straight and narrow Griffiths had a more successful than most but with his talent he could have had an outstanding career, we need to teach these kids about life skills not just playing football.

On 02/05/2022 at 18:29, Honest_Man#1 said:

Seemingly some offers of 3 year deals to certain players. Definitely looking for continuity if true.

Unfortunately don’t think the players offered them are likely to accept. No idea why some heads gone merchants (itzdrk) assumed they’d be offered to the likes of Baird and Houston.

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Was always unlikely that the likes of Murdoch or McInroy would sign for 3 years. If we can get another year or two out of them I’ll be happy.

I like Murdoch but with the emergence of Smith I'd not be totally distraught if he went, as for Maxwell, I'd be happy if either one of him or Reading stayed, I wouldn't want to lose both but equally I'd not be bothered if one of them went, provided we had the other.

McInroy has done well enough, he scores goals and he's a decent passer of the ball, however he's certainly not irreplaceable going by what I've seen of him this season and I'm not sure I'd be breaking the Bank to keep him if he was to play hard ball.

Dempsey looked very good in the little we saw of him but if injury prone then we will be looking elsewhere and rightly so.

Adeloye, while frustrating at times, ultimately DID deliver the goods in a pretty poor side, so he'd be the one I'd really want.

I suppose I'd say there's a few I'd like us to re-sign but at the same time we're not losing a Michael Rose, Lawrence Shankland, Alan Forrest, Daniel Harvie or Liam Smith and pretty much all of them are replaceable, especially if we have an improved budget with much improved scouting / identification, not to mention a wider net....

12 minutes ago, Iain said:

This is almost as cringey as the "We love chairman Dave" tweet from earlier in the season. Is it normal for a club to thank their manager for a few results as though he's doing them a favour? Feels weird to me.

Club Twitter trolling @itzdrk IMO.

13 minutes ago, Iain said:

This is almost as cringey as the "We love chairman Dave" tweet from earlier in the season. Is it normal for a club to thank their manager for a few results as though he's doing them a favour? Feels weird to me.

They seem to be trying to create a narrative from within the club, which is maybe a sort of bubble they work under. Announcing Bryden as a signing and making a big thing about him being a fan, after a fleeting appearance against Arbroath. The stuff about Smith and now this.

Its like they are hoping that the fans haven’t noticed the dreadful results and performances and will lap up weird propaganda.

I’m not saying they should post a picture of Bullen and say, despite making an arse of it for several weeks, we were ultimately kept up thanks largely to an own goal and Thistle defenders giving away two daft penalties. But they could post absolutely nothing about it and no one would say it is missing.

Or post that Lee has been away from his family and made huge sacrifices to take the job, we hope he enjoys a well earned break before the real hard work starts. 
We already know what is happening with the squad retention. 

To be honest the self indulgent stuff the club posts doesn't really bother me. I'd rather they were talking themselves up than being doom merchants. It is impossible to please everybody, I'm just glad there is a sign of life from the social media side considering where it was just before the turn of the year.

14 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

To be honest the self indulgent stuff the club posts doesn't really bother me. I'd rather they were talking themselves up than being doom merchants. It is impossible to please everybody, I'm just glad there is a sign of life from the social media side considering where it was just before the turn of the year.

This - I really don’t see any kind of issue. Absolutely nothing wrong with trying to promote a bit of positivity. We can’t complain about there being no engagement, and then complain about too much fan engagement.