The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Presumably we’ll hear more as more of the squad is spoken to and the official word from the club after all talks are done. Gondoh is the only one that I can see us actually releasing from his contract although I’d like us to try and loan McKenzie out.

2 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Punt Houston pls. Would happily see McKenzie go and someone else brought in. Still on the fence with Ashford

Aye, I'd punt Houston if someone would take him. McAllister too. 

McKenzie I would probably loan out.

Ashford I would probably retain but not as a centre forward. More as a wide midfielder.

Writing was on the wall for Gondoh when Hewitt was making the bench before him. I wouldn’t have been against sending him to a lower league club like QoS for 6 months and letting him play in his actual position on the left but no great loss. He seems a decent guy so good luck to him.

Personally I prefer Fjortoft to Baird, as the latter isn’t commanding and seems to gift a chance every game, but was the chat earlier in the year not Markus wanted to go back to America. If Baird does get offered a new deal you’d hope it was on reduced terms given we seemingly beat a few clubs to his signature and he was captain last year but since shown nothing to prove he should even be starting.

2 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Writing was on the wall for Gondoh when Hewitt was making the bench before him. I wouldn’t have been against sending him to a lower league club like QoS for 6 months and letting him play in his actual position on the left but no great loss. He seems a decent guy so good luck to him.

Personally I prefer Fjortoft to Baird, as the latter isn’t commanding and seems to gift a chance every game, but was the chat earlier in the year not Markus wanted to go back to America. If Baird does get offered a new deal you’d hope it was on reduced terms given we seemingly beat a few clubs to his signature and he was captain last year but since shown nothing to prove he should even be starting.

tenor.gif.5288bfcd648d939373a76833972df6a5.gif

Spoiler

Baird will be leaving.

Is that not pretty much the same situation as Gondoh?

Difference being Bullen and co had seen Houston in the flesh and were happy enough to keep him.

Gondoh was a complete unknown and a gamble that hasn’t paid off.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Difference being Bullen and co had seen Houston in the flesh and were happy enough to keep him.

Gondoh was a complete unknown and a gamble that hasn’t paid off.

I get that but I think the principle is the same.

If Bullen somehow liked the look of Houston when he gave him a contract he'll have seen enough of him to realise when Fjortoft or Aero are a better option at right back we probably made the wrong call. 

8 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I get that but I think the principle is the same.

If Bullen somehow liked the look of Houston when he gave him a contract he'll have seen enough of him to realise when Fjortoft or Aero are a better option at right back we probably made the wrong call. 

I'd expect a new right back signed for the new season. Houston clearly isn't championship standard and I'd rather Muirhead at centre back that right back.

We've still McGinty, who has done better the latter half of the season but I'd honestly like to see a new centre back signed as well. Baird has always came across as Jingily. Reading does the job at left back, though think uncle Ian is after him.

I'd keep Ashford and try him in the position that McKenzie has ran about like a headless chicken in all season and I've not seen enough of Gondoh to comment, though we've still to see his partnership with Tomi that was talked about when he signed.... I seriously hope that Tomi re-signs for the coming season 🤞🤞🤞

Edited by Roxanne's man
Autocorrect.

On the fence with Houston against Raith he fantastic but that kind of performance have been few and far between, we also have Hewitt who originally was a right back and Muirhead if he resigns who can play right back if we are only bringing 4 players I think with those 3 right back is covered, then again if a cracking player like Liam Smith became available I'd be all for it.

30 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Not that it was a high bar, but Baird was our best centre half until January by a decent distance IMO. Fjortoft has been incredibly shit, and is possibly the most rash CB I’ve ever seen. 

Still - with McGinty signed and assuming Muirhead does I wouldn’t be keeping Baird. All three are very limited on the ball. 

20 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

For about ten minutes he was the best player on the planet.

I still can't get over that assault on the killie player .its not like he was 1 on 1 with out gk .we had a few bodies in the box .just a silly big oafish wrestler .

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Not that it was a high bar, but Baird was our best centre half until January by a decent distance IMO.

Rarely has the phrase "the bigotry of low expectations" been more apt.

The entire defence needs replaced. Teams that expect to progress beyond clinging onto 8th for dear life in this division need to be relatively confident that they won't concede a goal on the very first opposition attack after the kickoff, or two in succession if they ever somehow get ahead.

49 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Rarely has the phrase "the bigotry of low expectations" been more apt.

The entire defence needs replaced. Teams that expect to progress beyond clinging onto 8th for dear life in this division need to be relatively confident that they won't concede a goal on the very first opposition attack after the kickoff, or two in succession if they ever somehow get ahead.

I don’t disagree at all (well I think 3/4 does) was just pointing out that 99% of us on here wanted a Baird and Muirhead partnership once we got actual central midfielders in in January. 

7 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t disagree at all (well I think 3/4 does) was just pointing out that 99% of us on here wanted a Baird and Muirhead partnership once we got actual central midfielders in in January. 

I don't think anyone could foresee the turnaround with McGinty to be fair. The right side needs a serious overhaul, Houston and McKenzie starting together should never happen again. Both of them were absolutely stinking in a positional sense when defending.

With Houston we've seen his purple patches and know what he's capable of, however they have been few and far between in recent times. It may all be down to confidence, but he needs to wake up before he sleepwalks into a career in the juniors.