The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

We have had owners in the past….well one owner in the past who had bankrolled the club, it got us to a cup final but didn’t buy us sustained success. Almost the exact opposite in fact.

While it would be great if Smith started financing some outlandish signings that we can’t afford like Barr did but the likely hood of long term achievement is pretty slim.

There is always a chance, like with Barr, where changes to the global financial climate hit the construction industry hard and Smith is trying to cut costs, while paying some Norwegian mercenary or some English jobber £1500 a week. Or budgets get tightened and we have 6-7 benchwarmers that aren’t good enough and no capital to invest in improvements. 

The philosophy appears to be that the infrastructure around the club will dictate the amount spent on the park. The Hub had had a good few months but during the summer with no games on May take a bit of a dip that will be balanced out over the season. Hospitality may be slow due to the cost of living increases.

I’d rather Smith was in paying for infrastructure that meant if he was to pull funding it would have minimum impact to the club. Rather than Chuck money at a dream and potentially fail. It does look so far like his head isn’t being ruled by his heart so I have no concerns over 3 year deals being offered, presumably to players that could be developed in to assets 

3 minutes ago, RedEd said:

In other news, good to see Paul Smith in the SPFL team of the week.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/team-of-the-week-48423

I thought he was outstanding last week, I was very impressed. He actually just reminded me of Andy Murdoch but with an even better range of passing and his deliveries from corners were excellent and in fact the best I've seen all season.

If that's a taste of what he's got, then we've a real player on our hands here.

3 hours ago, RedEd said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the usual Aberdeen / Dundee Utd cast-offs clubs that way normally sign.

Hybrid hasn't done Airdrie any harm, but when we did it in the early(ish) 2000s it split the dressing room.

It would make sense for Cove to see whether they could persuade some of Arbroath's team to move up the road for a little extra money.

4 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Didn't even know this existed until today, Robbo get it in the club shop loleae2049f4cd783f87b5ad69e50159752.jpg

Bit close to revealing your postcode there, careful now 

I'd have taken McInroy as the least likely of the lot, so that's great news. Pity about Gondoh but to an extent Bullen was gambling with bringing in as many midfield options as he could so he's obviously decided which he prefers at last. Wouldn't hold my breath on getting Maxwell back.

Shame about Gondoh. Very personable guy but clearly not what Bullen was after. Hopefully we can keep O’Connor but adding some quality out wide is key this summer.

Kenyon seemed to be a decent guy to have about the club, Came short of fitness and didn't play much. Can't say he was a bad player or wasn't up to it because he wasn't used enough to tell. We needed a midfielder and he needed a club but it didn't work out. 

Gondoh looked a bit lost every time he came on, didn't show much in his fleeting appearances to show worthy of the 18 month deal chucked at him. May have needed a run in the team to get up to speed with the game up here and prove his worth but didn't look like getting it. Not bothered too much about him going. 

Fjortoft, he is probably half the footballer he is in his head, a reasonably competent defender that thinks he is Beckenbauer. A clumsy big arse of a footballer that if he concentrated more on his game than thinking he was brilliant then he might have a chance. If we had to keep one of him or Baird then it would be Baird. 

Dempsey was the best out of the 3 loans in my opinion,  McInroy and Maxwell are both still raw, our brightest spell this season was when Dempsey was playing. I'd take all three though. We need more competition in there if we do sign them to rotate and rest some of the younger players. 

Updated

In Contract
McGinty
McAdams
Houston
Bryden
Smith
Ecrepont
Hewitt
Ashford
Moffat (but likely backroom staff)
McKenzie
McAllister

Out of Contract
Adeloye (Offer made)
Baird
Muirhead
O'Connor
Murdoch
Redding
Miller
Albiston

End of loan
Maxwell (Back to sevco discussions ongoing)
Dempsey (Back to Charlton discussions ongoing)
Rowe
McInroy (Released by Celtic Contract offered)

Pleased about Tomi and Kerr. That is positive let's hope we can sign both. Dempsey if he can stay fit would be a good addition. Maxwell I'm still on the fence.

Hoping to hear a few more being released though. Particularly in central defence. Baird, I'm looking at you...