The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Jezo some folk are jumping the shark on here , if there are 3 year deals getting handed out its won't be players who have hardly started a game since new year Baird and big Marcus are obviously out the door Muirhead is heavily linked with OotS if anyone is getting these "bumper multi year deals" It will be going to be McInroy, Maxwell, Tomi, Dempsey, Murdoch and maybe Paddy players who the club think they can develop more and move on at a profit in the next few years.

I’ve seen some wild takes on here but @itzdrk suggesting Jack Baird is going to be offered a three year deal may be up there. 

It’s quite clear that if any  3 year deals are offered it will be to the likes of Dempsey, McInroy, Maxwell and Reading 

4 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Jezo some folk are jumping the shark on here , if there are 3 year deals getting handed out its won't be players who have hardly started a game since new year Baird and big Marcus are obviously out the door Muirhead is heavily linked with OotS if anyone is getting these "bumper multi year deals" It will be going to be McInroy, Maxwell, Tomi, Dempsey, Murdoch and maybe Paddy players who the club think they can develop more and move on at a profit in the next few years.

With zero evidence, presenting this as fact is optimistic. Handing extended deals to fucking jobbers is not unknown even under the new regime.

Cant see any players who underperformed this season being offered any 3 year deals ,I would reckon that at least 5 players will be offloaded , with around 6 coming in along with a new assistant manager , every player knew by today if they were being let go and those who club wants to stay have got their offers 

3 year deals at this level are extremely risky for both player and club and it’s why they are so rare. We’re going to need to be pretty competitive with wages to tie down McInroy etc. So what if we go down next year and we have two years of fairly high wages to pay players in the league below. It’s suicide.

Cant see any players who underperformed this season being offered any 3 year deals ,I would reckon that at least 5 players will be offloaded , with around 6 coming in along with a new assistant manager , every player knew by today if they were being let go and those who club wants to stay have got their offers 
Glad to see the club is not resting on its laurels I'm sure Bullen will be itching to get some time with his young family down south but loads of work to be done in the close season.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Jesus Christ.  

Do I have to decapitate Bullen or just find a new hobby? 

46 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

What a marketing strategy from the club btw, IF YOU THOUGHT WE WERE SHITE IN THE RUN IN HOW ABOUT A FULL SEASON. 

Bald obsessed with running c**t out. 

44 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Aw aye just sign anyone on a 3 year deal. 

Jack Baird YOU GET A DEAL

Jordan Houston YOU GET A DEAL

You’ve absolutely lost the place man. You’ve no idea who the 3 year deals are being offered to, if they’re even real.

For years we bemoaned losing all our young players for f**k all and now when someone floats the idea of handing out longer deals you lose the heid.

I can’t see us actually managing to get players on that length of deal but it’s obviously going to be for the guys with a bit of resale value and not the likes of Jack Baird.

17 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

3 year deals at this level are extremely risky for both player and club and it’s why they are so rare. We’re going to need to be pretty competitive with wages to tie down McInroy etc. So what if we go down next year and we have two years of fairly high wages to pay players in the league below. It’s suicide.

Well put, I expect it'll be the younger players, the likes of Bryden, Smith, Ecrepont on 3 year deals (if we are offering such). I doubt it'll be any of the high earners for exactly the reason you cite. Also our best players won't want to be tied down for so long. That's the unfortunate reality.

The continuity point is grinding my gears as is the backroom team staying. I find that utterly bizarre. After two 8th places on the trot it's not really the answer I was expecting but let's see how it plays out.

Bullen is placing a lot of trust in the guys around him and the squad. I hope it's well placed otherwise he'll be the one getting his P45.

Well we either show ambition (dependent on who actually gets offered the supposed 3 year deals), or end up like QOS. After 2 consecutive 8th place finishes we are already halfway down the QOS route.

More confident in this plan with Mathie at the helm and his underlings, less so if it was just Bullen himself in charge of it all.

Looking at a positive spin, we only lost 1 of the last 6 games, so signing (for example as it's been mentioned) 5 new players who are all an improvement on who they are replacing (which is of course the challenge) seems absolutely fine to me, especially when you'd be hoping the younger ones like Smith / Bryden etc might improve with experience.

I do get the impression Bullen is capable of learning from his mistakes- O'connor coming in for McKenzie for last 3 games and making us look a much more dangerous side a good example

The worry of course is if we do lose better players like McInroy/Adeloye etc as you are then needing even more new signings to come in and make an impact. 

8 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Well put, I expect it'll be the younger players, the likes of Bryden, Smith, Ecrepont on 3 year deals (if we are offering such). 

Those three players have all recently signed contracts until the end of the 2023/4 season.

Edited by RedEd

55 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It's a new licence for employers following Brexit.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-visa-sponsorship-employers/apply-for-your-licence

Ahh, thanks. I had not realised it was the UK visa sponsorship licence that was being referred to here.

I guess not many clubs in the Championship would expect to bring players in from outside the UK, so although it isn't expensive I agree it must mean we have at least a couple of players we are looking at. Did Hamilton have any track record of bringing in overseas players?

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

100% this. 

It's like a car crash in slow motion.

It's tragic, and all the expected virgins are lapping it up. 

9 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

It's tragic, and all the expected virgins are lapping it up. 

Not reacting very well to your shite takes being called out either.

Saying that you’re jumping the gun =/= lapping it up.

Will you spending the full season again telling us all how you won’t be back while still going to most games?