The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Tickets were on sale until 5 minutes after kick off in club shop this included away end tickets of which a fair number were sold 

The problem is that the comms on our website says this

Away Fans must purchase online as there is no option to purchase tickets at Somerset Park.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

They have this absolutely baffling system for getting served, unlike every bar the world over you have to stand in this stupid big conga line hanging about outside toilets

Maybe if you start doing the conga, it might speed things up

IMO i still think it wouldn't be bad to have at least one cash turnstile available for home and away fans to use. 

Not as if the rest of the club is run on a cashless basis so wouldn't see it being too much of an inconvenience. 

10 hours ago, rb123! said:

IMO i still think it wouldn't be bad to have at least one cash turnstile available for home and away fans to use. 

Not as if the rest of the club is run on a cashless basis so wouldn't see it being too much of an inconvenience. 

Ah that's okay then, clearly the club hadn't considered it from that point of view.

E49B0AE7-6A10-4FC9-A58D-DB8C41DABA6F.thumb.png.ce36d470937818148439c9f87337cd98.png
I do get why he's saying the majority of this group are in there very early 20s and have potential to kick on if it's the case that we keep the majority of the squad and manage to sign the loan guys full time as long as the new signings are top quality I have no issue Smith and Mathie obviously have a plan and we are not going to be throwing stupid money just to get into the prem.

We have 2 right backs signed up in McCallister and Houston. On this seasons form they aren’t good enough. Do we sign a third? 

We have no left backs signed, potentially Maxwell and Reading. Would we need a third? 

The centre half’s, if Baird and Fjortoft are happy to take their chances and sit on the bench for a year, then they maybe aren’t the right kind of player we need. 

That’s just the defence where you could argue we need change and there probably won’t be any. 

33 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We have 2 right backs signed up in McCallister and Houston. On this seasons form they aren’t good enough. Do we sign a third? 

We have no left backs signed, potentially Maxwell and Reading. Would we need a third? 

The centre half’s, if Baird and Fjortoft are happy to take their chances and sit on the bench for a year, then they maybe aren’t the right kind of player we need. 

That’s just the defence where you could argue we need change and there probably won’t be any. 

We will need around 3 new defenders next season , I just can’t see Fjortoft or Baird  being here next year 

Out of this seasons squad of signed players (not including loans) I don't think Fjortoft, Baird, Miller, McAllister or O'Connor will be with us come the first game.  I'd definitely try keep O'Connor though and I reckon they'll allow McAllister to go, he's just not up to this level.

In midfield we already have Ghondo, Smith, Hewitt and McKenzie signed up, the plan is probably Maxwell, O'connor, McInroy, Murdoch and Dempsey all to stay I would like to see another proper pacy winger added, up front we have got Ashford and Bryden and hopefully Tomi I'm sure we would be looking to add another out and out striker if all those are signed back on and we did major surgery to the back line I would be happy, let's be honest at this stage we are not going to win the league the aim is top 5 and challenging for play offs.

Apologies if someone has already done an overview of the squad, but this is what I reckon we have so far...

Spoiler

Under Contract for 22/23

Goalkeepers

Aidan McAdams

Defenders

Sean McGinty

Jordon Houston

Finn Ecrepont

Nick McAllister

Kinlay Bilham*

Alex Jeanes*

Midfielders

Ryan Gondoh

Mark McKenize

Paul Smith

Mikey Hewitt

Forwards

Fraser Bryden

Sam Ashford

Michael Moffat (not likely to feature much but will be registered as player according to Bullen)

Out of Contract

Charlie Albinson

Paddy Reading

Aaron Muirhead

Jack Baird

Markus Fjortoft

Andy Murdoch

Alex Kenyon

Daire O'Connor

Tomi Adeloye

Loans Ending

James Maxwell

Kerr McInroy

Ben Demspey

Blaine Rowe

*U18s players

13 (14 if you included Moff) are signed up for next year, but I can see Gondoh (going by gametime) and McAllister being allowed to leave, so that takes it down to 11 (again, including a couple of youth players) 

Out of the out of contract players I'd like to keep Murdoch, Adeloye and O'Connor.  Albinson isn't a bad keeper at all, and not against him staying, but I'd hope that it'll be someone who can really challenge McAdams as I think he's been making a few mistakes recently.  

Loanees I'd like to see us try to sign permanently would be McIrony, Dempsey and Maxwell. 

Realistically that means out of this years squad of 27 or so, that's possibly around 15/16 senior players staying.  

Edited by super_carson

I think it’s fair enough that we keep the core of the squad together given that the core is actually pretty decent I.e McInroy, Murdoch, Dempsey, Adeloye and Reading.

People will say that this squad needs gutted because we finished 8th but I would argue it’s far more important that Bullen now actually fields his best side and we get rid of the deadwood like Baird, Fjortoft etc.

It all depends on who exactly stays and who leaves, if the ones we lose are McInroy, Adeloye, Murdoch, Dempsey, Maxwell and Reading then we're in serious trouble as the rest are all either squad types, young guys coming through or simply not good enough.

Given that we now have this international licence then I'm expecting / hoping for a wee surprise signing or two but the bottom line is that we need to improve the squad on what was here last year and get a reliable / quality nucleus of 6 or 7 guys plus at least one or two "old heads", otherwise it will be another long season.

Tbh I think that there is an argument on keeping a good core of the squad together. There is obvious deadwood which needs binned. Baird, Fjortof for two. However when McCall got us promoted he kept the squad together with a few additions and we came out the traps like a bullet and only started faltering in the latter part of the season. I think Arbroath did something similar this season. We do need some changes especially in defence.