The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, ecocme said:

Not been yet. Why was it a disgrace? 

he likely means due to it being so busy , the place was mobbed from about 5.45 with queues both inside at bar and waiting to get in ,

10 minutes ago, ecocme said:

Not been yet. Why was it a disgrace? 

We've been in before every game and also at Bully night, place is great and the beer garden also excellent. The issue on Friday was horrific queues at the bar, however we seemed to be missing the 2 girls that normally serve as when we were there it was only the 2 boys serving rather than the usual 4 of them, as a result it was pretty chaotic.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

We've been in before every game and also at Bully night, place is great and the beer garden also excellent. The issue on Friday was horrific queues at the bar, however we seemed to be missing the 2 girls that normally serve as when we were there it was only the 2 boys serving rather than the usual 4 of them, as a result it was pretty chaotic.

Staff shortage was down to a medical emergency with a member of the bar staff around 6pm resulting in them having to receive medical attention and leave 

Edited by Finlay21

The bar is quite small, at big events they have pints poured to speed things up. Having plastic glasses ready to hand over and quick contactless payment would speed things up.

It is only going to be busy 18-25 days a year, would it be worth the expenditure? 
they can’t open it up further unless they stop using the car park. They could have an outside bar but folk would most likely end up damaging cars, leaning on them or pissing up the side of them.

Maybe there will be another bar planned on the other side of the ground.

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

The bar is quite small, at big events they have pints poured to speed things up. Having plastic glasses ready to hand over and quick contactless payment would speed things up.

It is only going to be busy 18-25 days a year, would it be worth the expenditure? 
they can’t open it up further unless they stop using the car park. They could have an outside bar but folk would most likely end up damaging cars, leaning on them or pissing up the side of them.

Maybe there will be another bar planned on the other side of the ground.

Hospitality will re open for next season , there is also now a bar in the beer garden which will be open for next season , it is just about to be signed off by council along with a new match ticket office just outside the bar at rear of car park 

To be fair to the bartenders, they're just young people, if there was a bit of experience in there, it would probably go a long way. The Fosters on tap seems to be off most times, the dodgy stream that they use doesn't make things look professional as the game just sticks.

Overall, it's not too bad but the teething issues will hopefully be resolved by next season.

4 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Hospitality will re open for next season , there is also now a bar in the beer garden which will be open for next season , it is just about to be signed off by council along with a new match ticket office just outside the bar at rear of car park 

Good to hear. With every area of the club, if someone wants to spend a pound the club should be trying to make it as easy as possible to let them. 

Ray Bradshaw was giving the club a hard time on Saturdays off the ball about not being able to pay at the gate on Friday night, that a ticket had to be purchased on-line in advance. 

I am pretty sure if anyone wanted to get in to the ground at any point and were willing to pay, they would be able to. 

I don't think much difference in quality existed this season throughout the league. Apart from Morton, we did manage to beat every other team in the league. 28 of our points were against Top 6 sides where as we only took 11 from a possible 36 from the three teams around us.

If it was 3 or 4 quality additions then it gives us a better chance to push for the top half but you'd expect every other team to be aiming for the same thing so all I'd expect next season is another close league (if only one team is relegated from the top flight).

Ray Bradshaw was giving the club a hard time on Saturdays off the ball about not being able to pay at the gate on Friday night, that a ticket had to be purchased on-line in advance. 

I am pretty sure if anyone wanted to get in to the ground at any point and were willing to pay, they would be able to. 

It’s my biggest pet peeve at the minute in regards to Ayr. Folk act as if the club are making it impossible to get into the ground when it’s simply not the case. Seem to remember not being able to use cash at the turnstile in previous visits to Firhill.

19 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Tickets were on sale until 5 minutes after kick off in club shop this included away end tickets of which a fair number were sold 

Edited by Finlay21

40 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

What was so bad about it?

They have this absolutely baffling system for getting served, unlike every bar the world over you have to stand in this stupid big conga line hanging about outside toilets and it takes about 20/25 minutes to get served because inevitability people just walk up to the bar (which I've done myself) meaning it doesn't move for ages.  Been the same all 3 times I've went, it is apparently due to "security" despite causing a gathering of people blocking the main entrance (which I presume is also a fire door as I can't work out where else one would be), if I was in the town centre and waiting that long I'd just go somewhere else 

Outside of that it's actually really good, it's done up nice and the price of a drink is definitely decent.  I'm sure on a non matchday it's a decent place to go for a drink.  

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s my biggest pet peeve at the minute in regards to Ayr. Folk act as if the club are making it impossible to get into the ground when it’s simply not the case. Seem to remember not being able to use cash at the turnstile in previous visits to Firhill.

I’m positive it was Partick that made it incredibly difficult for away fans for weeks on end this season. Shame I can’t remember what it actually was they were doing...

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m positive it was Partick that made it incredibly difficult for away fans for weeks on end this season. Shame I can’t remember what it actually was they were doing...

In our first game up there they had no cash gates and also no ticket office for away fans , you had to buy online , but they allowed home fans to pay cash at the gate 

34 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I stopped reading at Ray Bradshaw. Moany faced git.