The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Fitbafollower said:

I would not be surprised after Friday nights game that Thistle and McCall don’t come bag in for Muirhead after failing to get him in January 

also probably Murdoch 

opinions please

If our budget is being much improved as expected and if the Chairman is serious about taking the club to the next level, then I don't believe Thistle or any other of our peers will be able to just waltz in and take any of our players that we're wanting to keep as we should now have more of a level playing field both in terms of wages and aspirations of promotion.

Time will tell....

I think it’s important to remember that Muirhead has been a far better defender than McGinty for several seasons..... McGinty has had a good few months after having the worst half season I’ve possibly ever seen from a defender. 

I would be recruiting both a right and left sided centre half. We are still ridiculously overstocked in the RB area, which is a worry as we need to recruit a good one - Houston, McAllister, Hewitt and obviously Muirhead can play there. 

As good as we were on Friday I don’t think we can forget that we finished 3rd bottom in a pretty rancid Division. If we are realistically wanting to compete for a playoff place next season then we need a clear out. From the out of contract players the only ones I’d be offering anything to is Adeloye, O’Connor, Murdoch and Reading. The rest can go. 

I was about to post more or less what No Problemo did. Aero has been much more successful at this level than McGinty. He's also spent most of his career being competent and reliable. McGinty remains a risk and I'd have him on the bench at best next season. If we retain Muirhead he'd probably be in the same category tbh.

I think with McGinty having made some progress this season I think he can start if paired with an experience centre half as his partner (a Considine etc) as for Muirhead if we were to keep him I would keep him at right back if we don’t bring in someone better 

36 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

If our budget is being much improved as expected and if the Chairman is serious about taking the club to the next level, then I don't believe Thistle or any other of our peers will be able to just waltz in and take any of our players that we're wanting to keep as we should now have more of a level playing field both in terms of wages and aspirations of promotion.

Time will tell....

I get the feeling the infrastructure projects will be completed in advance of any promotion push . So next season may take us up the league a bit but not all the way . We have a clutch of good young players who’ll get their chance for sure

Any additions to the starting line should include a keeper and at least one centre half who can organise and win headers . The perfect storm would be all the midfield loans and big Tomi to sign . If that gets done I’m thinking a striker to work with Tomi , wither that’s a 9 or a 10 I’m not 100% .

49 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Time will tell....

This is roughly as delirious as last summer's happy-clapping.

11 minutes ago, North British said:

I get the feeling the infrastructure projects will be completed in advance of any promotion push . So next season may take us up the league a bit

Bear in mind that the infrastructure only indirectly benefits the club. Bar receipts are going to the owner, not the football team.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Bear in mind that the infrastructure only indirectly benefits the club. Bar receipts are going to the owner, not the football team.

Makes me feel better about deciding the place was a total disgrace on Friday and to not return. 

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

It's a bit like people complaining that Cameron was asset stripping the club though. 

If he's stripping the assent and then putting the money from the sale of the assets in to the club, its not asset stripping. 

You are making it sound like Smith is emptying the till at the end of every night and pouring it in to his pocket. 

5 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
16 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I thought that all profits from Cameron's went to the club

Me too, I thought that was the whole point of it 🧐

13 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
24 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I thought that all profits from Cameron's went to the club

It does 100% , that was mentioned when in planning that all profits from bar went into club funds , that’s why it’s under the commercial managers remit 

Edited by Finlay21