The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

18 minutes ago, SomersetAlan said:

Any ideas on who is still under contract for next season? Saw McGinty triggered a contract extension 

@Superhursy7 posted the following 

In Contract 
McGinty 
McAdams
Houston
Gondoh
Bryden
Smith
Ecrepont
Hewitt
Ashford
Moffat (but likely backroom staff)
McKenzie 
McAllister 

Out of Contract
Adeloye 
Baird
Muirhead
O'Connor 
Murdoch
Kenyon (already gone)
Fjørtoft
Redding 
Albinson
Miller 

End of loan
Maxwell
Dempsey 
Rowe
McInroy 

I don’t think Moffat is signed up. 

Don't know if anyone read this? IMG-20220501-WA0023.thumb.jpg.60d12114cdcfd662e8ae4f05fc9a1660.jpg

I’d be surprised if anyone actually bids for him yet and even the player himself will want a year of first team football before he moves on.

This however is potentially the first of us actually getting money for players that we’re developing. I’d love to see him have a proper year playing for us and then make us a bit of money next summer.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye I’ve just seen a couple of pictures of folk who were at it. Hopefully a decent event.

Was a good laugh but reminded me that I’m definitely too old for 11-a-side and should stick to 5s! Can barely walk today.

42 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

See Shankland can leave His current team in the summer.

£500k and probably £10k a week.

if Dave Smith has any ambition at all he should make him a priority. 

Hide contents

image.gif.c2e656d31ebcec960a8aae52df4f41e4.gif

Imagine shankland and adeloye upfront! Think they’d be a good partnership 

1 hour ago, munro7 said:

Was a good laugh but reminded me that I’m definitely too old for 11-a-side and should stick to 5s! Can barely walk today.

Tremendously unlucky with your shot from tight angle that had keeper beaten all ends up but unfortunately came back off the post 

52 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Tremendously unlucky with your shot from tight angle that had keeper beaten all ends up but unfortunately came back off the post 

Still gutted about that!

3 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Even having PayPal as a payment option would let you use PayPal Credit (interest free for 120 days). That helps spread the cost a bit.

Yes, there are many options now that are low cost and low hassle for the club - PayPal I think is a very good option but Klarna as someone mentioned is also now pretty popular. With Paypal as a retailer you can have recurring payments set up as you describe, and the customer has the security of knowing they can cancel it themselves.

By all means offer a deal for someone willing to pay for the whole season up front, but I think in 2022 any club at our level should be thinking about the revenue stream throughout the year therefore the "cashflow during the summer" is probably less critical than it once was. Even just using the tiny sample set of this thread it is clear there is demand for more flexible payment options and if done right that could be harnessed to increase turnover over the course of the season.

25 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

I would not be surprised after Friday nights game that Thistle and McCall don’t come bag in for Muirhead after failing to get him in January 

also probably Murdoch 

opinions please

Seen an article that @GaryMc93 put on his Twitter and didn’t seem like Aero was in any rush to leave. On my phone and don’t know how to share it on here. 

Djaffo you are one of many who would be happy to see Aaro leave
not me I think he has done well for united
time will tell we’re he ends up as players hear and take or leave the criticism 
I hope he stays
my opinion

Of the three out of contract centre backs I’d have Baird and Fjortoft away first. Given Bullen’s comments about squad turnover then I can see Muirhead staying.

I don’t rate him though. Aye he’s passionate about the club and can take a penalty but he’s always likely to do something daft. If he stays then fine but we can’t go through a season with Muirhead and McGinty as our first choice centre back pairing. Would rather bring someone else in and have them and McGinty with Muirhead maybe playing RB.

Looking back at his career I see he won the league with Thistle playing centre half 

certainly that was a few years back but he appears to be a player who will play we’re asked and give his best for the team

Queens and Ayr appear to want him for next season so need to see if thistle follow their interest in January when Ayr knocked Mccsll back 

Muirhead is fine if he's squad player he was fantastic on Friday and not just because he scored two pens but those performance are not consistent unfortunately, I think it's fair to say that McGinty will be the first choice center half Bullen obviously likes a left footed and right footed pairing, he's arguably been our best player since new year and for all his faults he does seem to be a leader on the pitch if he can keep up what he's doing just now I have no issue with him in the team but we need cover if he reverts back to being Sean Ha ha McGinty, ideally we could do with a ball playing center half a bit like Rose to complement McGinty and provide that link between the midfield and defence.