The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

40 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I noticed that I got a shit load more credit for supporting Ayr when I moved to the east coast.

In Ayr and Glasgow it was mainly ridicule, with an undertone of 'who's your big team?'

But in Dundee you've got a small city with two well-supported sides and a healthy respect for the more diddy-like teams (although that Friday night at tannadice has given me a permanent weapon against that taunt).

Aye couple of mates moved up to Dundee and Aberdeen for uni and work. When I was over there for visits/games/nights out  it was genuinely great to be able to just chat about football and have folk actually be interested in my team, the league they're in etc.

Far better than being surrounded by old firm fans who are incapable of having any conversation that isn't entirely about they're half. Or, more often than not, about the unhealthy obsession they have with the other half.

The accents over there though...ooft.

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I wish we would allow a Direct debit to pay monthly for a Season ticket. I just don’t like to whack out £300 at once when I have a baby on the way. 

for the record, I live in knightswood, and it will be brought up an Ayr fan. 

Aye I was always put off my the big lump sum. Due to a change in work this year, this is probably the first season in 5/6 years that I'm going to buy a season ticket at the start of the season.

Over the course I would always end up paying the same/more at the gate but the big sum can be really off-putting.

On the other hand I get that the club really want as much money over the summer as possible. Tricky one.

Does anyone know if the live stream will still be in place next year? I stay 400 miles from Ayr but have bought a season the last couple of years because of the stream. Would be hard to justify a season for the 3/4 games I actually get to if stream isn’t in place.

I pay my golf membership through V12 Finance on 0% interest over 10 months. The golf club get the money through straight away, and I'm paying back the finance company. Surely a no brainer? Yes there would be a fee for the club no doubt, but I do feel more people would take up the season ticket. For many people £50 a month for 5/6 months is a lot more manageable than stumping up £250/£300 in one go.

22 minutes ago, Ayrhead1 said:

Does anyone know if the live stream will still be in place next year? I stay 400 miles from Ayr but have bought a season the last couple of years because of the stream. Would be hard to justify a season for the 3/4 games I actually get to if stream isn’t in place.

The football authorities decide that unfortunately, heard a rumour that they  were going to outsource streaming to one company who would cover every ground due to covid restrictions being ended 

Edited by Finlay21

Focus has to be engaging with the younger generation as COVID aside, if older lapsed fans didn't return in 17/18 or 18/19 they probably never will.
I was in the Panda Pals back in the early 2000s and still have those memories. The club had a number of initiatives like meet the players, photos with the cup/panda, autographed squad pics etc. Also entered you into the draw to be mascot, which I did twice, however that now costs £135 which especially these days not everyone can afford.
Would a two tier system for U12s season tickets work? Something basic like £15 for 18 games or £25 which could include newsletters, autographs, meet the players events and included in prize draws for signed balls / shirts / mascot. Or new season ticket options such as a parent and child ticket or a family ticket. As a lot more focus these days is on value for money.

My pal (from my student days in Glasgow) is a United (Arab that is) fan and a really sound guy - we'd take in each other's games whichever (Queens or United) were in the Glasgow area and we still take in games together now and then.  Was at Dens with him in 83 when they won the league - some day/night!  Lot of decent folk in Dundee to be sure.
Was at that game too. Just finished as a student in Edinburgh at the time and a car load of us, none Arabs, used to go up to their European games midweek as we just liked the way they played.

Financing for season tickets would work for some people but it depends on the liability due to the club.

offering match packages might help as well. Like 3 home game tickets for £45. Something like that would help in the league cup group stages. 
You would have to do it for designated games, So three home games in a row. 
A season ticket and kit deal where there is a reduction if you buy both at the same time. 

I noticed that I got a shit load more credit for supporting Ayr when I moved to the east coast.

In Ayr and Glasgow it was mainly ridicule, with an undertone of 'who's your big team?'

But in Dundee you've got a small city with two well-supported sides and a healthy respect for the more diddy-like teams (although that Friday night at tannadice has given me a permanent weapon against that taunt).
I'm Edinburgh born and raised and usually get a mix of confusion and sympathy when I say who I support. But more often than not it turns to conversations about away days at Somerset Park or previous players. Quite interesting to chat with folk who are fans of other clubs.

I've seen two or three different Ayr shirts on folk in and around Gorgie over the years actually.

14 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:
2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Was at that game too. Just finished as a student in Edinburgh at the time and a car load of us, none Arabs, used to go up to their European games midweek as we just liked the way they played.

Yeah, great Dundee United side early 80's. Remember going to a packed out Tannadice v Bohemians Prague in a UEFA quarter final, and another 2-2 draw at Old Trafford where the Arabs were outstanding.

Edit - made an arse of trying to quote on my phone ... 🫣

Edited by Otis Blue

12 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Quite interesting to chat with folk who are fans of other clubs.

Totally agree, this is the best part of P&B ... great to hear alternative views. 👍

With the electronic ticketing you'd think they would be able to set up a subscription plan where you're automatically sold a ticket for each home game until you opt out. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Might have missed it but did the fan game where you could pay to take part ever happen? Sure it was scheduled for the end of April?

Yes took part yesterday , was a very good game , Kaisayr v fans , game ended 4-3 to Kaisayr , great money maker for the club and thoroughly enjoyed by all who took part ,

Edited by Finlay21

Just about back to normal after Friday , what a night that was , The Hub must have been raking it in , 5pm to midnight absolutely rammed , busiest I’ve ever seen it . A few in yellow red and black as well . I spoke to Bully as he was doing the rounds and he mentioned he wanted to keep the bulk of the current squad but add six , which is a little different to what he said in the post match interview.  Maybe he included getting the midfield loans in , in the six .

It looks like we are going down the slower, continuous improvement route rather the title blitz one . Four or five first 11 starters signing on would be great if they are all better than what we have . I’d guess a keeper , 2 x centre backs , 2 x strikers and most of our loans retained would be a great start to summer ....