The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I usually get two/three freebies a season for various reasons at Somerset so even if I went to every hoke game there's zero incentive to buy a season ticket. 

I think they tried the finance option and it was canned very quickly.  So may need to look at why etc and find another way to do so.  

What I don't understand is, clubs are more than happy to offer half season tickets at Christmas time covering the end of season, never the start of the season. 

I suspect they are scared that many full seasons would become half seasons and if we have a nightmare first half won’t get renewed at Christmas 

I'm sure the guaranteed money during the summer when little or no income is coming in is a massive factor in this but I do think we and other clubs need to think out the box try and do new things, we need to keep those young kids and parents that were there on Friday night coming every week, robbo said a few weeks back that interesting incentives and ideas were coming this is the time to announce it strike when the iron is hot and when we are still buzzing from Friday night.

51 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I wish we would allow a Direct debit to pay monthly for a Season ticket. I just don’t like to whack out £300 at once when I have a baby on the way. 

for the record, I live in knightswood, and it will be brought up an Ayr fan. 

There should be a payment plan option whether that be direct debit or via PayPal. 

Congrats on the baby, is it your first child? That is an expensive time what with the pram, sorting out the room, furniture, clothes etc.

9 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Season tickets are all about getting cash up front though so that the club has some degree of working capital in the Summer months. 

And there’s the risk that you get fans not keeping up with payments. Wouldn’t be a huge number you’d think but it’s probably more hassle than clubs at our level can be bothered dealing with.

The club could look at a few payment options.

There are always those that will want to pay up front in one full whack - maybe that should be the cheapest option for the fans.

Then they could maybe do that Klarna thing or whatever it’s called, where you pay over 3 instalments.

I don’t see a direct debit straight between the club and the fans working as it would be too time consuming to manage (cancellations etc) so there would really need to be a third party who pay the club up front and then take on the debt (maybe someone like Klarna would do this too).

I think with more flexible payment options the club would gain overall, as people would be committed to the cost over the season - as opposed to rocking up if we are doing well or staying away if we are mince.

As an aside, there could also offer an option for those on benefits too.

I also think the club have upped their game with the kids and looks like it is paying off already and Friday night will go a long way to creating more lifetime addicts of Somerset Park.

It’s been a long time since I’ve felt this optimistic about the direction the club is on, and I just hope that it can be a seed for future lifelong supporters.

57 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I wish we would allow a Direct debit to pay monthly for a Season ticket. I just don’t like to whack out £300 at once when I have a baby on the way. 

Don't tell your Mrs that you've just referred the baby as "it " 

Trust me they hate that .😆 

I work 3 Saturdays in 6 at the moment but have just been told that we might no longer be working weekend if that's the case I'll probably be taking a season ticket for the first time and early bird or or DD option would be even better.

Yup, this is the sad reality in Scotland, and the primary reason why two teams dominate at the expense of everyone else.
Even the Moff, considered a legend by Ayr fans on here, is a local boy who is a Celtic fan from a family of Celtic fans and who as far as I know had no interest in supporting his local team growing up. Far easier to follow the crowd and fit in by supporting whichever half of the OF your heritage leans towards.

Fans who choose to support their local teams do not get the respect they deserve. I grew up in Ayr and remember being ridiculed at school for supporting a crap team like Ayr instead of Rangers or whoever was top of the English league. 
I noticed that I got a shit load more credit for supporting Ayr when I moved to the east coast.

In Ayr and Glasgow it was mainly ridicule, with an undertone of 'who's your big team?'

But in Dundee you've got a small city with two well-supported sides and a healthy respect for the more diddy-like teams (although that Friday night at tannadice has given me a permanent weapon against that taunt).

3 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

I was probably quite lucky growing up. Both my parents are from Grangemouth so hate Falkirk. My dad spent a chunk of his childhood in Invergordon so has an affinity with Ross County. Not so easy to get there from Troon where I grew up. Old firm were firmly shunned in our household.

Ended up falling in love with Ayr at the John Traynor testimonial. Somerset under floodlights, magic. 

Yeah, can be complex roots behind our club connections. I'm Gorgie born, my old man went to Tynecastle school and was a Jambo, but folks moved to Dumfries when I was 4 (mum was from Dumfries).  Followed Queens home and away all my secondary school days and they've been my team ever since despite leaving at 17 and live in South Lanarkshire now.  Still have a soft spot for the Jambos and used to take my old man through to Tynecastle occasionally when he was still alive.  Queens are my club though and always will be despite results, that's non-negotiable - albeit I tend to make as many  away games as home ones now due to where I live. Shame to miss Somerset next season, always one of the best days out. Hope we get back soon.

16 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

But in Dundee you've got a small city with two well-supported sides and a healthy respect for the more diddy-like teams (although that Friday night at tannadice has given me a permanent weapon against that taunt).

My pal (from my student days in Glasgow) is a United (Arab that is) fan and a really sound guy - we'd take in each other's games whichever (Queens or United) were in the Glasgow area and we still take in games together now and then.  Was at Dens with him in 83 when they won the league - some day/night!  Lot of decent folk in Dundee to be sure.

Who we hoping win the playoffs? For me in order of preference, 1. Montrose 2. Airdrie 3. QP 4. Dunfermline

Dundee and St Johnstone to come down with Arbroath or Inverness going up. 

38 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

There should be a payment plan option whether that be direct debit or via PayPal. 

Congrats on the baby, is it your first child? That is an expensive time what with the pram, sorting out the room, furniture, clothes etc.

Thanks !
Yeah it’s the first so slightly shitting it. We are fairly lucky my parents are buying pram and car seat. Clothes and things we have already started picking things up just so we are prepared. My wife’s parents are sorting furniture so not got that expense but her mat pay is ok but not the best she will be on 80% of what she normally is on so can’t justify 300quid a montH before the baby is due. 

Edited by ryanayr1987

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Who we hoping win the playoffs? For me in order of preference, 1. Montrose 2. Airdrie 3. QP 4. Dunfermline

Montrose

Queens Park

Dunfermline

Ku Klux Klan

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Knightswood? A right blue nose area. I was brought up in Yoker. Even worse for blue noses.

Not really bothered about who comes up as long as it's not those Airdrie wanks, I think St Johnstone will scosh this league if they come down and likely have a decent budget, Dundee look in free fall I have no idea what to expect from them next season.

13 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I think both Dunfermline and St Johnstone will win their play-offs. 

The teams in the pay-off spots are much of a muchness. Dundee went up via a hail Mary play-off campaign and were not ready to compete there. I think it will be one of the tightest leagues next season if St Johnstone don't come down. 

13 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Montrose

Queens Park

Dunfermline

Ku Klux Klan

Aye this is the order for me too. Really hoping Montrose come up, haven't had a trip there for a ages.