The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

39 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Offer him a two year deal gives him the stability that he's never had in his career and tell him we won't stand in his way if a half decent offer comes in at the end of next season, the only sticking point is he seams to be heavily involved with some kind of fashion or modelling agency in London is being up here most of the time maybe affecting that.

We should be saying that to all prospects, but the thing about potential suitors is they're reluctant to pay fees to teams at this level unless the player is unbelievably good

20 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

You might have next season. Surely your not sharing with QP next year? You might be in the Premiership 

The club have already confirmed that the Firhill pitch will be relayed once the playoffs are over and that we won’t be sharing with anyone next season.

On Adeloye, I absolutely would take him next season. No idea if it’s realistic at all and I’d guess there’s a decent chance that if he leaves Ayr then he’ll head back to England, but I think he’s be a really good fit for plenty of teams at this level.

Well we got there a good performance with everyone showing great desire to get the result which shows they want to be at Ayr, but would keep only a few.

Bullen saying no major surgery needed and maybe 3/4 players coming in, we’ll they better be better than what’s there we will need it or it will be same same next year.

Muirhead to Queens I don’t think so we were paying a couple of hundred more than them this year think it will be even less they are paying next year.

Young Smith had a very good game and reminds me of a young Murdoch and along with Hewitt will push for s start next year so all bodes well there.

Fridays crowd shows there is a good fan base a lot of them young which bodes well for the future surely a bit of money being thrown at it and a wee bit of luck could carry the club up.

Apart from the actual result i'm amazed at the crowd last night. Shows the potential is there for more and being tapped into when required. Seemed to be a lot of young kids there, most i think i've ever seen at an Ayr game.

Club have to bounce on that going into next season, i'd probably say for the first time since McCall left there seemed a collective sense of togetherness at Somerset last night which i'd forgotten how that felt. Last 3 years has been arguments on the terrace about which players more shite!!

Think we may have another year of good season ticket sales, hope i'm right!

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Apart from the actual result i'm amazed at the crowd last night.

First time for a while there's been a big crowd and we haven't shat the bed :lol:

Hope the season tix are on sale next week when I'm over so i can get one for the wee man again!

13 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Apart from the actual result i'm amazed at the crowd last night. Shows the potential is there for more and being tapped into when required. Seemed to be a lot of young kids there, most i think i've ever seen at an Ayr game.

I took my nephew to the game - this has been his first season as an Ayr fan. Hopefully he's hooked now, because he was absolutely buzzing and was straight onto the park when the final whistle went.

He kept asking me questions about Ayr United during the whole drive down to Ayr - especially the promotion season. I told him he was lucky to see us win a derby in his first season, because I had to wait nearly 17 years to see us win one.

25 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I always thought Cumnock was Ayr and Auchinleck was Killie

11 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

Unfortunately both plus New Cumnock are largely Sevco.

7 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
11 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:
Unfortunately both plus New Cumnock are largely Sevco.

I live in cumnock can unfortunately confirm that

Yep, most of the surrounding villages are Sevco.

Mauchline has a significant amount of Killie fans though, but is still mostly Sevco.

The Carlisle scout/analyst was beside me in the stand and he liked Adeloye and Reading, he knew him from his Middlesbrough days and they are paying  considerably more than Ayr as he confirmed what Reading was on, so we’ll have to say if that goes anywhere. He also asked how Mcginty had been for us I said a disaster walking in the first half of the season but fair to him he’s had a very good second half season