The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Thank f**k for that. 

Early goal, Thistle picking up a couple of stupid bookings and a couple of injuries meant the game was done at the second goal. 

I wouldn't say we dominated possession but we controlled the game, again, didn't create much at all but at the other end we hardly gave Thistle a sniff. 

Plenty of good performances, thought McGinty was brilliant at the back and never lost a battle. Thought the midfield needed an extra man at times but Thistle had nothing up front. 

I was annoyed at first with the pitch invasion, it will probably be the last game for a few of these players and they never got a lap of honour. But apart from the few dicks that ran to the Thistle support it was just kids running about and it was all good natured. 

Looking forward to a few weeks of moaning about transfer inactivity and season tickets rather than play-offs

I hope you told them they’re absolute fucking idiots.

It was a good bit in front of me on the NT and when Adeloye won the second penalty a few guys started giving the old boy that was slating him a bit of grief and he retreated into his wee shell.

I’ve had enough of arguing with idiots over stupid opinions at Somerset tbh. I remember going months where every time Robbie Crawford gave the ball away this one guy would turn and give me a look. Some folk will never get the message or admit that they are wrong.

Haters gonna hate. Gutted I couldn't make it tonight. Just glad we've managed to stay up. I did watch most of it on my phone as I was downing some pints. Enjoy the night honest men and bonnie lassies. It's been a grim season and tonight we can breathe easy.

Tonight was pretty much the dream scenario for today, Dunfermline losing (Chalmers getting an own goal is the cherry on top) , us getting an early 2 goal cushion and getting a rare bit of luck in a match this season with our 2nd goal trundling in slow motion through their keepers legs.

Though Tomi was excellent tonight, winning both penalties, getting a goal. Smith looked composed and I personally thought the corner kicks he took were excellently taken. Muirhead did what he needed to and took his 2 penalties very well. 

Massive relief to get a positive result when it was vital to get one and ensure that we stay in the league for next season after what has been, overall a pretty wretched season.

⚫⚪

Edited by Oceanlineayr
Correction of spelling

Laughing to myself a really bit here, we sent smith on loan this season to play junior football. Our own senior pros can’t take a corner the way he can. He was excellent and definitely the heartbeat of the team on future if we can keep hold of him. 

Also great to see Hewitt back today - did the club ever announce he was actually out?? 

5 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

And glad Moff got to come on for his likely swansong.

3400 there tonight, made such a difference to the atmosphere compared to our usual attendance.

Any hint of a farewell from Tomi when he came off?

6 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I was annoyed at first with the pitch invasion, it will probably be the last game for a few of these players and they never got a lap of honour. But apart from the few dicks that ran to the Thistle support it was just kids running about and it was all good natured.

For fucking what?

The crowd especially in the first half was brilliant last night, was brilliant to see so many young kids and hopefully loads of them are now hooked for life, the clubs now got to harness that energy for next season and get the place rocking like that again every home game.

So glad that’s all over, a good end to a pish season. Big close season ahead for us, Bullen alluding to in his interview there won’t be too much of a change. I reckon with him saying that he’s hoping for the likes of Dempsey/Maxwell/McInroy to stay and add 4 or so on top of that. If that was the case I wouldn’t be too against it. Replace Rowe a challenger for Houston, replace Baird and Fjortoft and add another wide player and striker and it has the makings of a good squad. Special mention to Smith who was superb last night and going forward having potentially Murdoch/Dempsey/McInroy/Smith as your central mid options with Hewitt as back up would not be terrible at all. Also good going into next season with young players in Hewitt/Bryden/Smith all having experience at this level. For all player recruitment will be big this close season, the club getting a good Assistant or coach in to help Bullen will be massive.,

The building blocks and potential is there for us, look at the crowd last night and the number of younger fans there, we need a big push on STs, any word if they’ll be out soon? Will be getting one as I’m in a new job and got my weekends back so they’ll be at least one up! Mental to think there was a bigger crowd last night than what we got for our title winning match!