The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

We started at an excellent tempo and won the game in the opening half hour - credit to every single player for that. Particular mentions to Maxwell, Smith and of course Tomi!
That curling reverse pass from Smith in to McInroy running into the box btw!!!

Smith strolled that today and did so much going forward and back that we didn’t miss Murdoch. Really glad we’ve got him signed up as I think he could be a starter next season.

Kept hearing folk arguing about Tomi and saying he doesn’t do enough. Won two penalties and scored one but whatever.

16 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:
20 hours ago, bazka6 said:
What happened to Bodog and Calvin Ayre?

Announced a month or so back that they were no longer sponsoring the strips, I don't think Ayres profile suits the way the club is moving off the field and they want to get away from all the body paint stuff especially when they are tying to encourage more girls and woman to attend and integrating the woman's team more into the club.

They dropped all that years ago did they not? The money was good enough for over a decade so sincerely hope Jewson are paying the same.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Smith strolled that today and did so much going forward and back that we didn’t miss Murdoch. Really glad we’ve got him signed up as I think he could be a starter next season.

Kept hearing folk arguing about Tomi and saying he doesn’t do enough. Won two penalties and scored one but whatever.

Yeah, very impressed with him.

Hilarious you can win the game with three individual moments and it’s still not enough for some!

Muirhead was good but Tomi ragdolled that defence, won 2 penalties and put away the only real chance that came his way. Best player on the park by some distance and no idea why Muirhead got MoM in front of him. Bullen should be sitting Adeloye down tonight and sorting out his deal for next season.

They dropped all that years ago did they not? The money was good enough for over a decade so sincerely hope Jewson are paying the same.

Up until the season that was curtailed for COVID they were still doing it. Better off without them imo. Money is one thing but it’s better for the club to align themselves with companies that don’t do shit like that.

Yeah, very impressed with him.
Hilarious you can win the game with three individual moments and it’s still not enough for some!

First penalty was a bit dubious imo and Madden didn’t even look like he was sure himself. However we should’ve had a free kick/penalty about five minutes later when Akinola slapped the ball away from Adeloye. Red card as well. A lot of the long balls up to him weren’t coming off either but he still linked up well enough with Ashford and O’Connor. Not the best I’ve seen him right enough but you cannot complain with his contribution tonight.

Thought Tomi's workrate be was excellent. He was dropping deep when we lost possession to help out the midfield.

Paul Smith performance tonight was similar to Luke McCowan from the 18/19 season in that you watch and think it is crazy we’ve preferred square pegs in round holes when he was here along. Understandable why Kerr seemed to rate him so highly when he first took over, plays at a good tempo, plenty energy, good range of passing, no fear and the confidence to go up against experienced players in the middle of the park.

Hopefully Smith and Bryden's performances give Bullen the confidence to give a few more from the academy an opportunity going forward.

Funny how football works out. There's us dropping goals early throughout the first 15 mins for most of the season then get a penalty in the first 5 mins to give us a boost early on.

Then Joe fucking Chalmers scores an OG for the Pars, who the f**k could have seen that coming. Suppose it seems apt though for this bizarre season.

Thank f**k it's all over now anyway. Real opportunity to push on now, the alternative would have been a horrible state of affairs for the club.

21 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Up until the season that was curtailed for COVID they were still doing it. Better off without them imo. Money is one thing but it’s better for the club to align themselves with companies that don’t do shit like that.

We’re not at a level we can pick and choose, and I doubt any business is perfect, most are damaging one way or another, those pics’ll be top search results for a long time yet, but I’ll leave it at that, I’m off the check out the chat about Chalmers lol.

https://amp.theguardian.com/environment/2014/may/15/brazil-laundering-illegal-timber-on-a-massive-and-growing-scale

Edited by bazka6

33 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I hope you told them they’re absolute fucking idiots.

17 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

He was obviously carrying an injury as well

Was very worried when he had that 5 or so minutes of hobbling about. Glad he managed to play through, showed a ton of desire to keep going.

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

And glad Moff got to come on for his likely swansong.

3400 there tonight, made such a difference to the atmosphere compared to our usual attendance.

Aye great crowd in. Would be great to see numbers like that regularly.

Job done! it's been a long season but now its over we look at some positives, we have found a 15 goal a season striker who can only get better with more support and better tactics can we keep him is the big question, we have blooded a few off our own youngsters (Paul Smit take a bow son) and the loan guys Maxwell, McInroy and Dempsey have games under there belt and hopefully we can keep all three, the young kids were asking maxwell to stay and he was saying thats up to the chairman, yeah we need to get rid of some dead wood and reinforce but maybe it's just the buzz from tonight but I see better days ahead.