The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The issue is that Thistle still have very good players on the bench - Robbie Crawford, Kyle McAllister and Cammy Smith in midfield for example. The biggest drop off is if they hopefully rest Brian Graham and Scott Tiffoney.

Aye, it's the final third where they should be weaker. It'll still be tough and isn't a gimme by any stretch.

Watching the highlights back, The ball runs away from Ashford at the first chance he had, maybe the pitch caused an issue and he ended up getting minimum contact on it, the second was at an awkward height and the angle of his run made it difficult to make a clean contact on. 

The Queens goal, McInroy just completely ignored the runner. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Watching the highlights back, The ball runs away from Ashford at the first chance he had, maybe the pitch caused an issue and he ended up getting minimum contact on it, the second was at an awkward height and the angle of his run made it difficult to make a clean contact on. 

Noticed that, also thought his delivery into the box from crosses/free kicks was atrocious yesterday.

35 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The way Bullen talks in his post match interviews you wouldn't realise we are 1 league win in 9 games. Given the enormous winless spells we've had this season. Duffy was 1 win in 12 games. Its quite remarkable that our destiny is in our hands.

I find it strange how every week he brings up the Dunfermline result almost straight away. Most managers tend to, in the media at least, focus on their own game but he’s very open in admitting that we’re essentially relying on Dunfermline being even worse than us.

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

That's fair. The guy at the far post is totally unmarked to pick his pass in our box. I think Aero should have been nearer him tbh. 

11 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Why not? Played 3 lost 3 conceded 9 scored 0 against them this season.

No wins in 8. Can't even remember the last time we won at home.

Pretty sure McCall would secretly revel in doing us over. Even if he plays a second string team.

The only glimmer is that when we do win it tends to be against top of the table teams.

Another way to look at it is that if you were planning for next season, if Partick don't get promoted via the play-offs they would much rather have Ayr in the division than Dunfermline. Dunfermline will have a bigger budget than us and are unlikely to be as bad next season. So if I were Ian McCall or even a Partick fan I would want Ayr to remain in the division.

7 minutes ago, rgreig said:

Another way to look at it is that if you were planning for next season, if Partick don't get promoted via the play-offs they would much rather have Ayr in the division than Dunfermline. Dunfermline will have a bigger budget than us and are unlikely to be as bad next season. So if I were Ian McCall or even a Partick fan I would want Ayr to remain in the division.

Every season for years we hear the same thing about Dunfermline and most seasons they struggle 

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

You can almost forgive Ashford for the miss in the first 30 seconds he's maybe caught cold but the 2nd one is almost Peter Van Vossen bad

Yes, he is utterly useless. The second half where Maxwell ran half of the pitch and passed to him was also an example of his total ineptitude. I would start with Bryden and Adeloye on Friday - if Ashford thinks he is a centre forward he can pack his stuff and leave any time.

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Every season for years we hear the same thing about Dunfermline and most seasons they struggle 

That's fair and a lot of it is due to terrible managerial appointments. At some point even by the law of averages they will appoint a manager who isn't an idiot and who will be able to do well with their budget and facilities.

Consequences of constantly appointing poor managers. Don’t think they’ve had a genuinely good manager since Jim McIntyre when he won them this league about ten years ago.

57 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Consequences of constantly appointing poor managers. Don’t think they’ve had a genuinely good manager since Jim McIntyre when he won them this league about ten years ago.

They've had some genuinely cheap managers though.

We were behind the net up the back, and McInroy's shot was definitely on target and most likely would have been saved by their GK. The extra touches in the box yesterday were infuriating, just bloody hit the thing! Ashford tweeted last night about not taking his chances, so at least he cares and will hopefully improve in that area. I thought Gondoh was useful when he came on. Won us a free kick that kept us up the park which led to our goal. I'm going for a win on Friday, simply because we're due a win, and of course Partick will be wanting to get through the game injury free etc. I'm pretty sure McCall wants Partick back in the Premiership over Ayr finishing 9th.

19 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

You have to love Gondoh, has hardly kicked a ball in months and always has a smile on his face looks like he's loving life.

I would be quite happy on keeping him for next season. He looked as if he wanted to prove himself yesterday and with more game time next season, hopefully it'll come good for him. 

5 hours ago, rgreig said:

Yes, he is utterly useless. The second half where Maxwell ran half of the pitch and passed to him was also an example of his total ineptitude. I would start with Bryden and Adeloye on Friday - if Ashford thinks he is a centre forward he can pack his stuff and leave any time.

I don't think that's fair, Ashford did indeed miss a couple of sitters but he worked hard, he held the ball up and linked well and the whole team and performance dropped off massively when he was replaced.

I'd be playing him as a wide man rather than an out and out striker but he's far from our worst performer, despite his misses.

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I don't think that's fair, Ashford did indeed miss a couple of sitters but he worked hard, he held the ball up and linked well and the whole team and performance dropped off massively when he was replaced.

I'd be playing him as a wide man rather than an out and out striker but he's far from our worst performer, despite his misses.

He’s certainly a much better option than McKenzie out wide