The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

39 minutes ago, Iain said:

However 2-1 Partick and 1-1 in the other game is enough for us, right?

Yes...if nothing else we need to equal Dunfermlines "goals for" next week so the H2H stat will not be relevant in the case of a Partick win and score draw in the Pars Qots game

11 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

We won’t beat Partick so I think we’ve had it now because Dunfermline will beat Queens. 

We needed a win today to give us the luxury of a draw on Friday and yet again, we missed our chances and fucked it.

Bullen will be drumming into the team all week how much this game means for their future. Whether it has an effect or not, who knows 😒. Don't see QoS getting a win or draw next week.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I know we’ve had star players before but have we ever relied on a player as much as we have with McInroy this season.

Second time this season he’s bailed us out with a pot shot and he was probably our best player today.

I’m now convinced more than ever that Adeloye is a second striker who needs a goal scorer in front of him. His movement and hold up play was great today but I don’t think he actually got into spaces to score. Ashford did and fluffed three chances.

Spot on, we thought this when he came in but we didn’t have anyone else so he played as an out and out striker. He does his best work deep, and chips in with a few goals too. On the other hand, Ashford isn’t any form of striker. We desperately need Dempsey back and Ashford can go out wide. 

Other than the first ten minutes when O’Connor and Tomi should have had an assist apiece I thought we were appalling and had absolutely no control of the game. Cochrane ran it IMO.  Im not sure I would give anyone pass marks today. 

From McCall's post match comments

“We now go to Ayr next week with a bit of pressure off and we might rest a player or two but we still want to go and win that game.

I'd expect one of those players to be rested to be Graham as he's been managing injuries for a while plus Tiffoney only managed 45mins today after passing a fitness test so possibly him too.

From McCall's post match comments
“We now go to Ayr next week with a bit of pressure off and we might rest a player or two but we still want to go and win that game.
I'd expect one of those players to be rested to be Graham as he's been managing injuries for a while plus Tiffoney only managed 45mins today after passing a fitness test so possibly him too.

That’s basically what he said a few years ago after we cemented our play off place with a win at Firhill. What proceeded was a first half against Alloa where they ran over the top of us and in the second half it was basically a friendly.

He knows that he’s got to go into the playoffs with likes of Graham and Tiffoney fresh so I’d be surprised if he played them.

I thought we were the better team in the first half and tried to play football, however the second half we were shocking and reverted to punting long balls up the pitch to nobody. Ashford missed 3 absolute sitters but we actually missed him when he went off. Tomi still isn't anywhere near fit but linked up play well when he had the chance and O'Connor was pretty good in the 1st half but disappeared in the second.

McGinty was man of the match for me just ahead of McInroy and has really improved over the last couple of months but the sad fact remains that we've got a pretty limited bunch playing for us just now.

That said, Dunfermline are arguably worse so I still have high hopes of finishing above them and worst case scenario I'd hope that we just had too much for the likes of an Airdrie or QP to deal with, so all still very much to play for, although whatever happens, we will need a huge clear out in the summer, irrespective of what league we're in.

Hard to say wither we we pish or nervous, thought McInroy and McGinty got passmarks the rest were meh, TBF they both have been our top performers since Christmas, 3 points is an absolute must get the price down to a 5er get the place rocking and promise the players a lads trip to magaluf if they get the 3 points.

As an aside, bizarre that Gondoh was the man Bullen turned to when we desperately needed a goal - given he hasn’t got near the pitch in months and wasn’t even meant to be on the pitch today! 

Tomi was absolutely gubbed at seventy minutes today, possibly even earlier - Moffat should really have came on. Hopefully the 90 minutes helps him out for this Friday though.

As an aside, bizarre that Gondoh was the man Bullen turned to when we desperately needed a goal - given he hasn’t got near the pitch in months and wasn’t even meant to be on the pitch today! 
Tomi was absolutely gubbed at seventy minutes today, possibly even earlier - Moffat should really have came on. Hopefully the 90 minutes helps him out for this Friday though.

When Bullen headed down the tunnel at FT he sarcastically wiped his brow and clapped us. Fully believe he had no idea how to get us back in that game today after everything we had previously thrown at it so threw Gondoh on out of desperation.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

When Bullen headed down the tunnel at FT he sarcastically wiped his brow and clapped us. Fully believe he had no idea how to get us back in that game today after everything we had previously thrown at it so threw Gondoh on out of desperation.

Yeah - I guess to be fair, there weren’t exactly too many other options. 

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

How did Gondoh do today? Everytime I’ve seen him he has looked out his depth

He was okay, was only given a few minutes. Every time is a bit harsh - he has looked alright bar the Hamilton game. 

Positives on last couple of games is we've all of a sudden started creating plenty of chances but our decision making in front of goal is beyond woeful, i mean we should have scored about 4 or 5 today, hit the bar twice and managed to fluff 2 if not 3, 1v1's...

Positives for next week is it's back in our hands but at the end of the day if we finish 9th we only have ourselves to blame because between today and last week we should have won both those games easily but we haven't cause we can't score for shit so whatever happens next week we'll get what we deserve. 

5 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

That kinda thing just pisses me off tbh. Man is a dinosaur.

I’m not sure how that makes him a dinosaur tbh?

Anyway - someone else already said it but get the prices lowered and a big crowd in on Friday night. Only worry is they have already put the tickets on sale, but I’m sure that could be sorted. Make no mistake - this game is fucking massive and our biggest in a long time. Relegation this year would be a disaster with the standard of league one. 

Today (and the last few weeks) made me hope that it’s the last we see of a couple of players. Muirhead has been driving me nuts for weeks and it was compounded today with him putting McAdams under pressure with a pointless back pass that bounced. He does it all the time. Will 100% put a player under pressure so long as he himself doesn’t lose the ball.

Positives on last couple of games is we've all of a sudden started creating plenty of chances but our decision making in front of goal is beyond woeful, i mean we should have scored about 4 or 5 today, hit the bar twice and managed to fluff 2 if not 3, 1v1's...
Positives for next week is it's back in our hands but at the end of the day if we finish 9th we only have ourselves to blame because between today and last week we should have won both those games easily but we haven't cause we can't score for shit so whatever happens next week we'll get what we deserve. 
Don't kid yourself, if we get anything next Friday it'll be done to sheer luck.

It's hard enough for this squad to perform without the added pressures of everything this game brings. Plus a potential big home crowd if they lower prices. You think this lot will relish those type of conditions? Or buckle as per usual?

I'd assumed it will be the same back 4 on Friday Houston looked out for the season when he took his seat with the fans crutches and moonboot on, as much as aero had plenty of passion his I'd say he's past his best I'd be happy to keep him at the club as back up but whatever league we are in a new center back to partner Sean "Maldini" McGinty is a must.