The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

People keep saying we’ll be fine with recruitment with Mathie and Glendinning, based on what they got so far I am far from convinced all of them are average non league players with Kenyon a shocker of a choice.

overweight 

can’t run

hadnt played for months how was he gonna help us

8 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I maybe should have said not good enough? That may seem harsher but if I compare to 2018/19 we had Forrest and McDaid out wide. When McCall actually played wingers. I'm not sure O'Connor is as good as either of them. That's even before Forrest kicked on and got even better in 2019/20. McDaid has regressed significantly since.

I don’t think we really know that either tbh...

Based on his performance on Saturday is he good enough? Absolutely yes - but we need to see that over a run of games. 

He is a completely different style of wide player from Forrest, but obviously not near him at the moment. McDaid could play like O’Connor did at the weekend at times but the issue was obviously consistency. The only way we might get half an idea either way is if we enter the play offs...

People keep saying we’ll be fine with recruitment with Mathie and Glendinning, based on what they got so far I am far from convinced all of them are average non league players with Kenyon a shocker of a choice.
overweight 
can’t run

Kenyon and Gondoh fair enough but you can’t say that McInroy and Dempsey have been great signings. Even Ashford has been good when we actually utilise him properly.

31 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I would absolutely love it etc....

Imagine the Gibson seethe. Shame we are most likely going to witness him getting it right up us. 

BFA86376-74A6-4902-A3A6-7592F0A834C6.jpeg

Gibson is a bam. It would be glorious to relegate them down there and end the hoodoo at the same time. It's certainly possible, if not now, when?

2 hours ago, Lochwood said:

overweight 

can’t run

Think we have got an international licence approved for next season. The next big thing from Indonesia, Ghana or where ever the chance of a sell on fee exists will add to the english contingent

Edited by AyrExile

I have no I’ll will towards Queen of the south,if it wasn’t a case of us or them I wouldn’t want them relegated.

I don’t really care much about Willie Gibson, he has been pretty much an irrelevance for a few years.

seeing his comments makes me hope we ruin his weekend 

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Did some idiot not sarcastically say yesterday who is McCall going to tap up before we play them next Friday??

Well it's going to be fucking Paddy Reading...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/paddy-reading-eyed-partick-thistle-26777256

lol

17 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Did some idiot not sarcastically say yesterday who is McCall going to tap up before we play them next Friday??

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/paddy-reading-eyed-partick-thistle-26777256

I believe I predicted Reading, although a complete guess.... I think he would do well for them tbh. 

23 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Don’t forget the Daily Record also claimed we were supposed to be signing Maxwell in January and nothing at all happened 

14 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Lovely stuff.

Enjoy, Hamburg is some place anaw.

Got to be better than the trip to Palmerston we'll all be making.

3rd time! Love it here.