The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

What a position too find ourselves in .with 2 games of the season left .this season has completely scunnered me .I'm sorry but I just can't see us staying up  .no confidence in that lot of shitebags after Saturday . Qos will be right up for this .and we will shite the bed as usual  . 

I have the absolute fear of a nervous Ayr being battered early on and going a couple of goals down. QOS are going to absolutely fly out the traps here. 

I think I’ll try and get to this one though - very much in hope as opposed to anything else.

23 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

What a position too find ourselves in .with 2 games of the season left .this season has completely scunnered me .I'm sorry but I just can't see us staying up  .no confidence in that lot of shitebags after Saturday . Qos will be right up for this .and we will shite the bed as usual  . 

That's how I'm feeling too 🙄

In theory, We should go to Palmerston all guns blazing.

Won't happen though, we'll concede early and have 11 headless chickens for 90 minutes 😒

On the fence about travelling down from Edinburgh.  Bit of a trek, but might be better to be at the game rather than frantically checking the scores/watching a ropey stream.  

Really not sure what I feel about this game...we've shown in spells that we can play some decent football but I don't think we've managed to put it together for 90 mins (maybe Raith away?) and we'll be under huge pressure from a team desperately clawing at the chance of survival having looked dead and buried. That said, we've fought our way back in a lot of games this year.  Can't afford to sit back though - it's must win for both teams.  

If you’re unsure or on the fence about heading down on Sat, go on make a day of it. It’s not been great admittedly but if we can do our bit in the final two games, it might, just might eke out a little bit more effort & commitment from the players and they in turn can do their bit.

I don’t think the effort is missing, it’s concentration that seems to be lacking. 
Saturday was a good performance ruined by bad finishing and bad goalkeeping. Everything went to shit after Dunfermline made changes and upped the tempo and we didn’t cope for the last 15 minutes. 
I’m still not sure about travelling down and may decide on the day. I’ve had too many Saturdays ruined by poor performances, the same set up and the same mistakes. Mostly avoidable errors that just frustrates the life out of me

Could accuse this team of a lot of things but I don’t think there’s a lack of fight or desire. Unlike last season where we had a squad filled with mercenaries who couldn’t be arsed, this squad just has a genuine lack of quality. I don’t actually dislike anyone in the squad but there’s a few players that just don’t offer much.

Since Grant's departure, I'd have bitten your hand off for anything 8th or higher. That was back in November. We all could see just what a monumental mess he made our club in to with the squad he built. We were never, ever going to be anything more than mid-table mediocrity with Grant before a ball was kicked anyway (some bookies had us favourites) and it turned out to be far worse than any us imagined. 

The overhaul in squad and the rotations has meant Yogi has had to pretty much firefight to try and get us to safety. We would be far more comfortable if we had won daft games we probably should have won where we drew. Home draws against Raith, Queens, Inverness all spring to mind. That's 6 points but you get what you deserve and we are where we are because we haven't been good enough. It is evident, however, that it's these draws that have totally killed us. 

I agree that Queens finishing 9th is highly unlikely, but it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that they win (at home btw) against Ayr and beat a nervy Pars side after we get beat away on Partick's potato field. There is quite a lot of ifs, buts, and maybes. I'm just glad we find ourselves in a position where it is now in our hands to stay up after some of the shite I've witnessed. 

Just having a little look at who's still in contarct/out of contract for next season and who I would keep.  I think we need to be ruthless with the defence.  

Keepers: McAdams (Under contract) and re-sign Albinson

Defenders:  Houston, McGinty, Hewitt, Ecrepont (Under contracts) and re-sign Reading

Midfield: Gondoh, Smith (Under contracts) and re-sign Murdoch, Dempsey, McInroy

Attackers: Bryden, Ashford, McKenzie (Under Contracts) and re-sign Adeloye

Could see both Ecrepont and Hewitt maybe going out on loan, would then be looking at a starting right back, cover for left back and at least 2 centre halves. Probably 1 more centre mid and a winger or 2 and 1 more striker.  Moffat looking likely to retire, Kenyon in the bin, Fjortoft, Muirhead and Baird away.  Not sure on Maxwell and still on the fence with O'Connor.

With a potential starting 11 of:

McAdams

New Rb New Cb McGinty/New Cb Reading

Dempsey Murdoch McInroy

New Rf                        Ashford

Adeloye

Edited by callum-ayr

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Anyone on the fence - just go

Best case scenario - you witness an amazing result

worse case scenario - you can vent at full time

Ach to hell with it, I'm driving down for the game.  Enjoying your Saturday afternoon is overrated anyway!

3 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I don’t think the effort is missing, it’s concentration that seems to be lacking. 
Saturday was a good performance ruined by bad finishing and bad goalkeeping. Everything went to shit after Dunfermline made changes and upped the tempo and we didn’t cope for the last 15 minutes. 
I’m still not sure about travelling down and may decide on the day. I’ve had too many Saturdays ruined by poor performances, the same set up and the same mistakes. Mostly avoidable errors that just frustrates the life out of me

They made changes to suit how the game was going, we made two changes but only due to injuries and kept with our 442 when it was obvious we needed an extra body in midfield to match up for the final part of the game.