The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If we finish 10th then Bullen has to walk no question. If we finish 9th and stumble through the playoffs he will stay but I’d have next to no confidence in him. If we go down in the playoffs then a discussion has to at least take place regarding what to do with him.

For him to stay and keep the support of most of the fans I think we need to win the next two games and if we still end up in the playoffs then we need to navigate them without any drama or fuss.

I would agree that if we do finish 10th then Bullen should quit.

I watched some of the QoS game this evening on the stream (although I missed all the goals!). I thought Inverness were extremely poor but Queens worked very hard giving them little time on the ball. Not really many chances for either side in the second half that I saw. If we play like we did last week I think we are capable of coming away with a draw.

I've just about recovered from my stag weekend and plucked up the courage to watch Mattman's vlog. How the f**k did we only score one goal? I'm not actually so worried about QoS after watching it, on a different day we'd have scored 5 or 6 by the looks of things, and I didn't realise Dunfermline's first goal was directly from a free kick. Overall I'm feeling pessimistic as ever supporting Ayr, but I do think there's some hope for Saturday.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

People thinking we could finish 10th 🤣 lay off the smack. I'm a pessimist by nature but holy hell there is more chance of me marrying Margot Robbie than us being bottom of the pile. Go to Queens and relegate them 

What a stupid thing to say. 

Of course it's unlikely but lose on Sat and it will be utter panic stations at Somerset Park.

What a stupid thing to say. 
Of course it's unlikely but lose on Sat and it will be utter panic stations at Somerset Park.
Could be utter panic stations at our bit as well [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

23 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Could be utter panic stations at our bit as well emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Nah, we've looked fucked most of the season tbh. I'd have bitten your hand off for it to be in our hands with a couple of games to go.

Wherever we finish - 7th through to 10th - we will deserve what we get.

All I'm saying is people were panicking like this last season. Saying we were doomed to the play off and going to League 1 etc. Look how that turned out. 

We should’ve finished 9th. We finished 8th through no effort of our own and this season we don’t have the benefit of Alloa being cut adrift at the bottom and instead of being above a worse Morton team we’ve got a Dunfermline side who have just overtaken us and we’re now playing catch-up.

27 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

From the VOR article in the record

"Daire O’Connor, who came off late on at East End, should be fine for Saturday"

And sits on the bench as Bullen remembers he doesn’t actually like wide players that attack...

9 hours ago, Ayr23 said:

I've just about recovered from my stag weekend and plucked up the courage to watch Mattman's vlog. How the f**k did we only score one goal? I'm not actually so worried about QoS after watching it, on a different day we'd have scored 5 or 6 by the looks of things, and I didn't realise Dunfermline's first goal was directly from a free kick. Overall I'm feeling pessimistic as ever supporting Ayr, but I do think there's some hope for Saturday.

Ayrs only goal was from a penalty. 

I'd imagine you only scored one because your striker looked terrified of the goal, you lost because your defence was horrendous and crumbled at the first bit of pressure. Not a good combination. 

9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I'd imagine you only scored one because your striker looked terrified of the goal, you lost because your defence was horrendous and crumbled at the first bit of pressure. Not a good combination. 

Nah we lost because our goalie chucked a couple in.

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Nah we lost because our goalie chucked a couple in.

He not a part of the defence? 

The first comes from a well situated free kick, given away utterly needlessly by Muirhead, the second from a decent hit by range after he's allowed far to much time and space, you then have Lawless hitting the inside of the post in the last couple of minutes. We were absolutely rancid for 75 minutes, and all it took was 15 minutes of half decent pressure for the arse to completely fall out the defence. 

For all that the Ayr fans seem to be waxing lyrical about the attacking players they have (and even then, they're getting overrated quite a bit), you have jobbers like Muirhead, Houston, McGinty and Fjortoft at the back, even genuinely good attacking teams would struggle to overcome that handicap, no team is down the bottom of the division without good reason, and that defence sucks. 

11 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

People thinking we could finish 10th 🤣 lay off the smack. I'm a pessimist by nature but holy hell there is more chance of me marrying Margot Robbie than us being bottom of the pile. Go to Queens and relegate them 

I had to look her up. Thought she was some local lass. When is the wedding BTW?

7 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

He not a part of the defence? 

The first comes from a well situated free kick, given away utterly needlessly by Muirhead, the second from a decent hit by range after he's allowed far to much time and space, you then have Lawless hitting the inside of the post in the last couple of minutes. We were absolutely rancid for 75 minutes, and all it took was 15 minutes of half decent pressure for the arse to completely fall out the defence. 

For all that the Ayr fans seem to be waxing lyrical about the attacking players they have (and even then, they're getting overrated quite a bit), you have jobbers like Muirhead, Houston, McGinty and Fjortoft at the back, even genuinely good attacking teams would struggle to overcome that handicap, no team is down the bottom of the division without good reason, and that defence sucks. 

I don’t think at any point anyone has claimed that our defence is good. That it took a side eighty minutes to create a chance against them is pretty wild. We have three decent attacking players - two of which Bullen hasn’t bothered to play most of the time. I don’t think anyone has claimed our attacking players are better than yours though. 

The second goal was most definitely not a decent strike from range - it was appalling goalkeeping. And yes, Fjortoft is utter shite and should have done something about it forty yards from goal.

I wouldn’t quite say we collapsed because of any pressure we were under. We conceded two horrific goals under absolutely no pressure and then collapsed completely...

As I said, we had many clean cut chances from the highlights I saw that we have put away previously (4-0 vs Raith, last week against Inverness, 2-1 vs Killie, your lot at Somerset early in the season). Put a few of those away on Saturday and we should win.

I see VOR has tweeted the following 

let’s get down there in big numbers 

The club want to encourage a big and vocal home support to attend so ALL Under 18's will be admitted free of charge on Saturday whether or not they have a season ticket. Come along and bring your friends, bring your relatives, bring anyone willing to lend their voices in support!

For operational reasons everyone attending will still need a physical ticket to enter at the turnstiles but Under 18's can collect these free of charge at any of the three ticket offices on matchday or from the Club Shop at Palmerston from Wednesday.

Offer applies to Ayr United supporters also.

Edited by Finlay21