The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Bullen will be at Ayr next year no matter what happens between now and end of season , he is part of the rebuilding strategy and will get the players that we so badly need 
Strategy is completely out the window if we go down, no?

It is a difficult one with Bullen, he has clearly made mistakes and IMO has underachieved with the players he has at his disposal. Reading, Murdoch, McInroy and Adeloye are all good to very good championship players. I think O’Connor could be too under the right manager. Maxwell and Muirhead are competent enough at this level too. Bullen should have got more out of that group of players - particularly in home games. His use of our squad in home games has been disgraceful. 

At the same time, you can see a better organisation and he seems to have a decent man management approach. We can’t continue to change managers constantly, unlike Duffy and Hopkin there is at least a slight something there where you could argue he should be allowed to build something. 

I think I’ll accept it either way, but I probably wouldn’t buy a season next season until assured by his signings/style of play in the early cup games. 

Edited by No_Problemo

35 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Bullen will be at Ayr next year no matter what happens between now and end of season , he is part of the rebuilding strategy and will get the players that we so badly need 

I thought that must be the case after I heard his interview on the Dunfermline page.  Will we be able to get the players that we want if/when we go down a division?   I can see season tickets, sponsorships, etc. being affected by relegation and it is doubtful whether our better players will want to stay.   

Edited by stevep56

39 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Just watched the highlights and we looked fucking brilliant for most of the game until McAdams makes two howlers.

I'd go same again team selection wise for next week, wouldn't be at all surprised though to see Muirhead dropped

Yes, to be fair to Bullen yesterday's defeat was different from almost any other this season in the sense that we played really well for 80 minutes of the game. The last time we played really well was also in Fife - against Raith - and that day we came away with a 4-0 victory. With two games left he has to just keep the same approach and formation and hope that we take our chances and/or get some better luck. Also there is no way McAdams would lose the plot again.

As someone else said, we are lucky Partick need to win next week. We also need QoS to lose midweek of course. If we could go into the Partick game needing a draw where they don't need anything then I think we could do it.

8 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

Will we be able to get the players that we want if/when we go down a division?

No. Unless we overpay them and that would just muck the squad up more. Entire transfer plan would have to be re-done.

8 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

and it is doubtful whether our better players will want to stay.

Course they won't. We will be stuck with the dross, again.

I actually was really impressed with us yesterday for most of the game. We dominated, created loads of chances and defended pretty well. Most of our big players are now fit and performing well. I am confident we can go to Dumfries and win and hopefully Thistle can help us out. Then a draw at home against a weakened Thistle will keep us up. If this doesn’t go to plan I still think we have the quality to take care of Airdrie.

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

We need a re-build regardless of what division we are in tbf.

If we stay up we possibly have six starters already if they all want to stay, which I guess is doubtful (McAdams, Reading. Murdoch, Dempsey, McInroy, Adeloye) You could potentially add O’Connor and Ashford to that depending on continuing form and Ashford being played out wide. 

If we go down we will likely have three starters - McAdams, McGinty and Houston - depressing stuff. 

35 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

If we stay up we possibly have six starters already if they all want to stay, which I guess is doubtful (McAdams, Reading. Murdoch, Dempsey, McInroy, Adeloye) You could potentially add O’Connor and Ashford to that depending on continuing form and Ashford being played out wide. 

If we go down we will likely have three starters - McAdams, McGinty and Houston - depressing stuff. 

Probably the right level for houston and mcginty

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

Ah to hell with it.  8.22am train to Dumfries on Saturday.  Might as well make a day of it.   Same starting XI hopefully and take our chances.  

Absolutely. This is what following your team is all about . Hopefully O’Conner can get nearer to 90 mins before his tank is emptied . Also I doubt Tomi will miss chances like yesterday’s again . Hopefully Inverness can beat and exhaust Queens on Tuesday ....