The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Adeloye’s goal return this season has always impressed me as he doesn’t appear to be a natural goal scorer in terms of movement and anticipation in the box and his finishing isn’t the best.

However I do think, if we could keep him, that his playing style and physical attributes would be the perfect foil for a more natural goal scorer if we could find one (as it isn’t Ashford). Similar to how Moffat and Preston both complimented Shankland and Moore respectively. Ironically Bruce Anderson is the type I think would work well with Adeloye, shame they never crossed paths.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

ETA, Bullen needs to have faith in that side for the rest of the season. The only slight tweak could be Ashford out left as he seems to offer far more there. 

It must be a difficult one for the players mentally. We were so dominant it is still hard to believe we came away with nothing. But we squandered so many chances it was getting more tense as the match wore on. It was a pity Bryden was injured since we could have benefitted from replacing Ashford in the second half. Let's hope that he is available again next week.

O'Connor coming off was pivotal, after that we struggled to create chances and we were under a bit more pressure. I hope that he will also be back next week!

I think our only chance is to go for it and try to get our goal difference up, and that Bullen does not try a cautious approach and hope that other teams do us favours. I don't have any expectations of anything other than relegation if we end up in the play-offs.

Does anyone think Bullen will leave if we are relegated?

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m very confident that if we stick with the same side as yesterday and play to the level that we did, then we’ll be fine in the playoffs.

I don't know how anyone can still be confident about this team achieving anything with what they've produced this season. Doesn't matter how well they play for however long if there's a 10 or 15 min where they completely implode

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

The only thing sticking in my craw is that if we’d played that team consistently then we’d be nowhere near the bottom two. As it stands we’ve had a mixture of injuries to key players and Bullen being stubborn with McKenzie and only playing one up front.

and that's all on Bullen. His decision to bench Tomi for a bunch of games when he was fit, for no other reason than humble him or teach a lesson was asinine, especially considering where we've been in the table for most of the season.

Would find it very hard to support Bullen keeping his job if we go down. I don't think it would have taken much to secure this teams safety from January onward, regardless of the fact he inherited the majority of this squad. Some of his decisions have been baffling and cost us dearly.

I dunno what to do with Bullen. If we go down, then League One will be a hard slog. There are not as many gimmes as there used to be. Too many teams well backed financially all pushing for the league. Would Bullen be the right man to take us forward from there? 

Stay up and he stays. However, he needs to do major surgery on the squad in the summer. Including shipping some out who are already signed up for next season.

12 minutes ago, Iain said:

May come down to what the club want to do next season. If they tell him he'll have the biggest budget in the league and be supported all the way to the title that would be more appealing than if they tell him it's time to cut cloth and try to consolidate and maybe make the playoffs.

Will you have a bigger budget than Kelty and Falkirk?

Will you have a bigger budget than Kelty and Falkirk?

It’ll be interesting to see how Keltys budget actually fairs in League 1. No doubt they’ve managed to get some good players but I think they’ll need to really add to it to avoid being mid table next season.

Queens Park is what worries me. Managed to bring in Owen Coyle and you’d imagine part of selling that move was that they’d go all out for the title.

Falkirk are gonna Falkirk and it wouldn’t surprise me if they make a balls up of next season as well.

In short, if we get relegated there’s nothing to say we won’t be down there for 2-3 seasons.

Yesterday summed up our season, can't take chances and got a more leaky defence than the titanic.

We can still finish 8th based on last year when everyone thought we'd fucked it and we still survived.

However if we were to finish 9th i don't think we could have many complaints, that form book for the last 6 with 3 points from 18 speaks volumes and it's been 3 draws....

I'd still fancy us in the play offs tbf

We'd be going into the playoffs on the back of a most likely 8 game winless streak. Then having to navigate a four game playoff over I assume a two week period, injuries inevitable in that. Then an extremely pissed off crowd behind them and all our best players being contacted by other clubs for next season.

Not forgetting whatever tactics Bullen conjures up in them, which could screw us even more.

Absolute turkey shoot.

I’d certainly fancy us against Queens Park in the semi final if we finish 9th but the final against Airdrie (assuming they beat Montrose) would be tough. They’ll have learned after last year and are currently unbeaten in 18 games. 

Edited by ecocme

It looks like we cave whenever we play a team that looks like they want to win. As soon as Dunfermline made subs we looked like we were going to lose, we stopped holding on to the ball, we stopped finding space and just chucked it. 

If Queens decide to play for a bit of pride next week, that would probably be enough against this team of spineless b*****ds. 

9 minutes ago, rb123! said:

That's grim reading. So so poor. Can we out point and out score Dunfermline against QoS & Partick? That's the only way we survive now.

If we manage to stay up on goal difference again it should be treated with the contempt it's due.

I'm fucking scunnered.

Just watched the highlights and we looked fucking brilliant for most of the game until McAdams makes two howlers.

I'd go same again team selection wise for next week, wouldn't be at all surprised though to see Muirhead dropped

Horrific defending leading up to the second goal, take  the foul FFS although watching macadam and murdoch defend the first free kick they probably would have scored off it, the second is an absolute HOWLER from the keeper and Bullen saying he thinks he could have maybe done better what planet is he on,and  then this sympathy for Dunfermline comment hope we both stay up.

How often do we concede two goals in succession? Within 15 mins? I think it's in 8 games now.

Raith (H) - first goal 14 second goal 25

Partick (A) - first goal 34 second goal 45

Raith (A) - first goal 12 second goal 27

Inverness (H) - first goal 13 second goal 26

Partick (H) - first goal 30 second goal 33

Kilmarnock (H) - first goal 3 second goal 12

Inverness (H) - first goal 6 second goal 13

Dunfermline (A) first goal 79 second goal 86

I'm just depressing myself here but it's grim. Can someone look out the 'Not Good Enough' bed sheet?

Edited by Trogdor