The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

According to the bbc we would play off if we both finish on the same points wins and goal difference ? I don’t think that’s right is it

Nah, the BBC just couldn't be arsed reading the rules. 

There can't be a playoff because we now a seperator between the sides (head to head). 

25 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'd actually be highly confident that whether it's ourselves or Dunfermline, that either of us will comfortably see off any mediocre League 1 side that we come up against.

I believe Morton v Airdrie in last years play off confirmed the huge gulf between the leagues and the quality on offer and while the Championship is far from good, it's still MUCH better than the teams finishing 2nd, 3rd and 4th in League 1.

If it was a one off match then it might be different, however the 2 legs definitely gives the top league side the advantage.

I'd also say that the league table in the Championship confirms that there's very little between most sides, so if Ayr can go to Rugby park and win, go to starks park and give your mob a damn good thrashing and comfortably contain the likes of Inverness, then I really don't think we've got a great deal to fear in Queens park, Airdrie or Montrose.

The bottom line is that if we can't see these teams off, then we really don't deserve to retain our Championship place and can really have no complaints....

I wouldn't be so confident 

Actually thought we played well today like 2nd half last week. We lack that bit a leader on the park that can help on the pitch to organise and not let heads go down. While some of the players brought in have shown hunger and a point to prove having an older head that has played at a higher level or at least at top end of our own league for consistent period would help.

QOTS to beat Inverness will need to give it their all on Tuesday. Hopefully they do that without getting a win and we face them deflated and nothing to play for. Dunfermline need to play on that Firhill pitch and having lost at home to Raith today Partick will want to take something so maybe play for a draw. 

Imagine having to go play a four game playoff off the back of a very likely winless 8 game running streak. Absolutely no one should be confident of swiftly dispatching 4th easily.

True meeting of minds next week, two bottom of the table teams both winless in six. Funny how football works and our fate relies on two teams like QOS and Thistle doing us a favour.

Morton still got 2 tough games against Inverness and away to Arbroath so their not completely out of it yet. 

If we can somehow get a win at Queens next week (which this team should be capable of) then we’ll see what happens on the last day!

At the moment I think we’ll finish 9th and we should over 2 legs beat Queens Park. However a play off final against airdrie could go either way. Just seems to have a bit of edge they fixture!! 

Edited by ecocme

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I think I’m still in shock, but I’m not sure what is causing it the most - is it our implosion, or is it that Lee Bullen genuinely thought that Mark McKenzie was a better option than Daire O’ Connor for three months... 

O’Connor was excellent today not only in an attacking sense. My heart sank when he went off and I saw McKenzie come on. He would definitely be one I would be ( hopefully ) signing for next season.   

1 minute ago, motley123rock said:

O’Connor was excellent today not only in an attacking sense. My heart sank when he went off and I saw McKenzie come on. He would definitely be one I would be ( hopefully ) signing for next season.   

Yeah, I’m not sure who started the myth that O’Connor doesn’t work back the way.... someone attempting to deflect blame from Bullen I think. 

Offensively he was a joy to to watch, particularly when he went by four and set up Tomi. He should have had two or three assists today. He was miles in front of Dom Thomas too.

I guess the question is would O’Connor want to stay after not getting any kind of chance for months on end, and watching McKenzie play every minute. 

I don’t think you’ll have too much struggle playing QP in the playoffs if you end up in them. There’s names in our team that championship teams wouldn’t mind having 3/4 years back like Murray, Mchugh, Quitongo, longridge, Kilday and Doyle but we’ve been largely poor overall. We’re tidy enough and can turn out decent results against the better teams but that’s massively outweighed by how spineless the team are. We’ve dropped 26 points from winning positions across the season

Any sort of physicality in your side and we’ll struggle

Edited by qpfc

12 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I guess the question is would O’Connor want to stay after not getting any kind of chance for months on end, and watching McKenzie play every minute. 

Bullen has a huge blind spot for McKenzie and Maxwell.

Maxwell has been stinking the place out for weeks now. He's definitely got a talent but needs to get consistency. I'm not convinced he's a left winger.