The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

16 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

You know it’s bad when the Dunfermline folk are asking how they won that today wasn’t there but goalkeeper big questions asked of him today?

Aye, numerous Dunfermline fans said that to me as I was walking back to the car. McAdams should do better for both goals tbh. Especially the second one. Long shots seems to be McAdams kryptonite.

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, numerous Dunfermline fans said that to me as I was walking back to the car. McAdams should do better for both goals tbh. Especially the second one. Long shots seems to be McAdams kryptonite.

And crosses. 

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

It was a a totally needless and stupid free kick to give away.  

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

He’s pulled off some brilliant saves this season but recently I’ve not been convinced at all by him.

5 minutes ago, motley123rock said:

And crosses. 

Aye, Aero should never give the freekick away and Fjortoft should have taken out the guy earlier in the move for the second. I dunno why I'm surprised. I want most of the team to f**k at seasons end. The penchant for conceding two quick goals is beyond irritating. I hope Bullen gave them a rocket at full time. That type of collapse in a game that means so much is down to mentality. The subs were wrong as well. It was about the worst way to lose a six pointer.

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, Aero should never give the freekick away and Fjortoft should have taken out the guy earlier in the move for the second. I dunno why I'm surprised. I want most of the team to f**k at seasons end. The penchant for conceding two quick goals is beyond irritating. I hope Bullen gave them a rocket at full time. That type of collapse in a game that means so much is down to mentality. The subs were wrong as well. It was about the worst way to lose a six pointer.

Did say just before full time. If he doesn’t know whose got the character and bottle for a 90 min battle every week he does now. 
Several sealed their fate today IMO. #P45 s

Edited by motley123rock

2 hours ago, Frank conner said:

Ayr shat the bed! Whoever finishes second bottom WILL  go down.

I'd actually be highly confident that whether it's ourselves or Dunfermline, that either of us will comfortably see off any mediocre League 1 side that we come up against.

I believe Morton v Airdrie in last years play off confirmed the huge gulf between the leagues and the quality on offer and while the Championship is far from good, it's still MUCH better than the teams finishing 2nd, 3rd and 4th in League 1.

If it was a one off match then it might be different, however the 2 legs definitely gives the top league side the advantage.

I'd also say that the league table in the Championship confirms that there's very little between most sides, so if Ayr can go to Rugby park and win, go to starks park and give your mob a damn good thrashing and comfortably contain the likes of Inverness, then I really don't think we've got a great deal to fear in Queens park, Airdrie or Montrose.

The bottom line is that if we can't see these teams off, then we really don't deserve to retain our Championship place and can really have no complaints....

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

I see someone on the SRE page is saying we have 2 or 6 games left. Surely whoever finishes 9th just has to play the winners from the league 1 games? So 4 games

No, it is a two leg semi followed by a two leg final. 

P9 v P4 / P2 v P3

I think that interview on the Dunfermline website is the most I’ve heard Bullen publicly criticising players. He isn’t wrong but it’s a bold call, especially when your own team selections have been guff for over a month.

5 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

No, it is a two leg semi followed by a two leg final. 

P9 v P4 / P2 v P3

2 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:
6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:
I see someone on the SRE page is saying we have 2 or 6 games left. Surely whoever finishes 9th just has to play the winners from the league 1 games? So 4 games

It'll be 4 games when we're relegated by Queens Park in the semi final, yes.

Cheers lads. Any idea when the Somerset games will be, just incase 🙄

2 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:
6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Taking away the 5 minutes of madness, if Ayr play like they did for the majority of today's match against QP or Airdrie, then I'd be totally shocked if we didn't record at least a 3 goal victory.

Can someone clarify if we are still 8th, I searched the SPFL's rules but its like word salad:

Determination  of  League  etc. Position in Case  of  Equality  of Points

C35 If  any  two  or more  Clubs are  equal  in points  in any  Division at the  end of the  Season or,  as  the  case  may be,  after  33  League  Matches  for each  Club in  the  Premiership  the higher  placed  Club  shall be the  Club with  the  larger or  largest  positive  goal  difference (or the  lower  or  lowest negative  goal  difference where  appropriate).  Goal difference shall  be  determined by deducting  the  goals  conceded from  the  goals  scored in all League  Matches played during the  Season or,  as  the  case  may  be,  after 33  League Matches for  each  Club in  the  Premiership.   In  the event  of  the  goal  difference being equal,  the  higher placed Club shall  be the  Club,  which has  scored the  most goals  in League Matches during the  Season or,  as the  case  may  be,  in the  first 33  League Matches  for  each Club in the Premiership.  In  the  event of each of  the  Clubs having the  scored  the  same  number of  goals  in  League  Matches during the  Season  or,  as the case  may  be,  in  the first  33  League  Matches  for each  Club  in  the Premiership, the higher  placed Club  shall be the  Club, having  the  greater  number of  points in League Matches  between  the  relevant  Clubs  in  the  Season in question  or,  as the  case  may be,  after  33  League Matches  for  each Club in the Premiership and in the  event of the number  of such points  being  equal the higher  placed Club shall  be the  Club with the larger or largest  positive  goal difference  (or the  lower  or lowest negative  goal difference  where  appropriate)  in League Matches between the  relevant  Clubs  in the Season  or,  as  the  case may  be,  in  the  first  33  League Matches  for  each  Club in the Premiership.   Goal difference  shall  be determined by deducting the  goals conceded from the  goals  scored in  League Matches  played  during  the  Season  or,  as  the  case may be,  in  the first 33  League Matches for  each  Club in the Premiership between the Clubs  concerned. 

Anyone who can clarify gets a greenie. I'm like this...

Bobs Burgers Straws GIF

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Can someone clarify if we are still 8th, I searched the SPFL's rules but its like word salad:

Bobs Burgers Straws GIF

Aye that site is a mind fck. Somerset games would be 3/4th May and 15th for the final 2nd leg, if I've worked it out correctly 

Edit - just read you hadnt actually asked about the play offs. My bad 

Edited by Thereisalight..

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Bobs Burgers Straws GIF

Nope officially 9th. Points the same, GD the same, goals scored the same. However, we are behind on the head to heads.

Just now, Jeff Venom said:
4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Joking aside I’d expect us to get past 4th place, but not feeling confident about Airdrie. They haven’t lost in the league since December.