The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

On 12/04/2022 at 21:26, ryanayr1987 said:

I have never had a problem with the stewards at Somerset. Have any of you guys had any issues? 

My Papa got ejected from the stadium once for nothing.

The steward was stupid enough to tell my Papa his name, and he got sacked for it. He chose the wrong old boy to pick on.

23 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I was back in the house before the final whistle.

I was playing right back in an amateur game and felt like every time I went to take a throw in someone on touchline was gleefully telling me Ayr had conceded again.  Was assuming it was a wind up until I checked my phone after game.  

I found the stewarding a bit overzealous when McCall's son was kicked out earlier in the season. When he was on the North Terrace. It's by no means an easy job and in that example you had two daft boys who had far too much to drink. The stewards managed to get them out but it could have been handled better imo.

My favourite steward moment and I often cite it was a game against Airdrie at Somerset and two of their scummy fans knocked a steward to the ground in the Railway End and looked to be kicking him. Another steward went to help and ran from the glass conservatory at the half way line and hit one of them with an upper cut like something out of street fighter. Said steward deserves a medal imo. 

26 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I found the stewarding a bit overzealous when McCall's son was kicked out earlier in the season. When he was on the North Terrace. It's by no means an easy job and in that example you had two daft boys who had far too much to drink. The stewards managed to get them out but it could have been handled better imo.

My favourite steward moment and I often cite it was a game against Airdrie at Somerset and two of their scummy fans knocked a steward to the ground in the Railway End and looked to be kicking him. Another steward went to help and ran from the glass conservatory at the half way line and hit one of them with an upper cut like something out of street fighter. Said steward deserves a medal imo. 

Hard disagree, the little shits were full of drink and refused to leave, then tried to make a run for it amongst the crowd, then McCall's son dropped a steward. If anything they were too lenient, they should have been thrown out torpedo style and used their head to open the door.

I always thought that the vast majority of stewards at this level don’t do very much. They just want to get through the game with as little bother as possible so for them to get involved would take a lot. You get the odd one that wants to get involved in everything and anything but for the most part they just stay out the way.

As for Jobbys boy, I think a stadium ban is in order. Could just apply it to the whole family to be honest.

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Hard disagree, the little shits were full of drink and refused to leave, then tried to make a run for it amongst the crowd, then McCall's son dropped a steward. If anything they were too lenient, they should have been thrown out torpedo style and used their head to open the door.

Having your arm around someone's throat to restrain them, post George Floyd is excessive for me. I can only assume you didn't see that? 

Edited by Trogdor

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:
7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:
Having your arm around someone's throat to restrain them, post George Floyd is excessive for me. I can only assume you didn't see that? 

Nah I did. Wasn't as brutal as you're making out.

It wasn't McCall's son who had the arm round his neck it was the other one. Personally, I found it excessive. The situation needed de-escalting. The stewards did the opposite. There was a film crew at the seggy fence as well that day. I was surprised it wasn't reported wider.

It wasn't McCall's son who had the arm round his neck it was the other one. Personally, I found it excessive. The situation needed de-escalting. The stewards did the opposite. There was a film crew at the seggy fence as well that day. I was surprised it wasn't reported wider.
Actually side with the stewards on this one, they had every chance to leave peacefully and refused, and it went on much longer than it should have.

14 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Actually side with the stewards on this one, they had every chance to leave peacefully and refused, and it went on much longer than it should have.

We'll agree to disagree. It would have gone on much longer had some Ayr fans not intervened.

Certain stewards at Somerset have annoyed me over the years. I remember the game where Mark Roberts had scored a peach and Ayr beat Hibs 1-0, to the inevitable pitch invasion.

There was a streaker in that game too iirc 😂

The final whistle went and obviously, the Ayr crowd invaded the pitch. I will always remember one of the stewards deliberately tripping up a young boy, looked around 12/13 years old, who fell flat on his face and hurt himself, whilst another 50-60 fans ran past him. A few folk from the NT had a go at this p***k of a steward, as he walked away with a smile on his face, as if he'd achieved something.

There was a streaker with long blond hair arrested at an Ayr v Falkirk game years ago.

they jumped the wall on to the track down at the corner of the railway end just as two policemen were passing and they never made it to the pitch. 
All the Ayr fans were booing that they had been stopped. Turns out it was a guy in a long blond wig.

46 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Anyone at the Scottish cup Game up in Dundee in the Reid era would never complain about stewards at Ayr.

One steward caused a mass brawl, several arrests and a 12 year old to get flung down a flight of stairs 

I remember that. Absolute chaos. One steward who didn't like folk standing up from what I remember. Was all pretty pathetic from the stewards/police.

3 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Was at the club shop today and a few of the players were floating about, think Fjortoft is away to North America in the summer, and O'Connor is pretty small in person.

That's about it.

I’ll give that c**t a run to the airport