The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I thought he played in the 1-3 defeat at home to Kilmarnock , I thought he came on as an early sub for either Maxwell or McKenzie 

No idea I'd gone before any subs were on and never checked back on anything to do with that shitshow. 

If Dempsey needs an operation and we are hoping to sign him next season then I'd rather he had it now for the promotion/mid table/relegation battle we are having in what ever league we are in. I'm pretty sure him and Adeloye were rushed back for the Kilmarnock game and that has set them back. We can't get relegated on Saturday so I'd rather we didn't rush Murdoch back and risk missing him for the last two games as well. 

I'd start Fjortoft on Saturday and have Hewitt ready just in case, Muirhead has played there as well at the start of the season, despite us having Miller and McCallister. 

Kenyon doesn't look anywhere near being match fit and I doubt he'll reach it by the end of the season but I'd rather he played there than Muirhead. Smith did ok when he came on as well. 

A win and we are good. A narrow defeat and not to much damage to goal difference and it's not the end of the world, still potentially in our hands. A heavy defeat and we'll be subjected to Portillo gifs and maps of the Angus coastline. 

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Can someone post about a good result when it was a six pointer. I'm ready for calling the samaritans with the painful memories you lot have dredged up.

We beat Albion Rovers on the last day of the season to pip Raith to the title.

That was after chucking away a lead in the title race and shitshowing it for weeks before it. 

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Can someone post about a good result when it was a six pointer. I'm ready for calling the samaritans with the painful memories you lot have dredged up.

Hopkin drew 0-0 with Queen of the South last season.

10 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We beat Albion Rovers on the last day of the season to pip Raith to the title.

That was after chucking away a lead in the title race and shitshowing it for weeks before it. 

9 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Hopkin drew 0-0 with Queen of the South last season.

Season 8 Sheldon GIF by The Big Bang Theory

Just now, Superhursy7 said:

By the laws of averages we must win a must win game at some point, 3 points on Saturday a road trip to dumfries to guarantee safety and relegate the rabbie burns claiming tories sounds ideal.

I am not going to Dumfries under any circumstances. There is some sort of hex placed on us down there.

The season we won the league is the only time I can remember us winning crunch matches and even then we lost the biggest one we had. That squad wasn’t mentally weak though we just ran out of steam against Alloa and we had a pretty makeshift team IIRC. I don’t even think this squad is mentally weak as evidenced with the amount of times we’ve been losing games and came back to end up winning or drawing. Our issue is 50% squad not being good enough and 50% having overly conservative managers that don’t seem to realise that actually playing attacking players makes us better.

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I am not going to Dumfries under any circumstances. There is some sort of hex placed on us down there.

Is there a scenario where queens could already be relegated for us visiting?

Edited by ayrunitedfw

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If QoS lose their next two they are almost dead and buried. Assuming that, coupled with a win or a draw for Dunfermline versus us would mean that they couldn't catch Dunfermline. If we beat Dunfermline then QoS could still catch Dunfermline, if QoS beat us in the penultimate game and then Dunfermline in the last game.

Edited by Trogdor

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Yes. If they lose to Arbroath and Ict while Pars pick up a point then QOS will be down. Also, if QOS lose on Saturday and we get a point then we are safe from automatic relegation.

If QoS lose their next two they are almost dead and buried. Assuming that, coupled with a win or a draw for Dunfermline versus us would mean that they couldn't catch Dunfermline. If we beat Dunfermline then QoS could still catch Dunfermline, if QoS beat us in the penultimate game and then Dunfermline in the last game.

"almost" [emoji38]

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

They’re 6 behind Dunfermline with a game in hand to be played next midweek, before we play them.

Them being relegated by the time we play them relies on Dunfermline taking something against us.

If we draw at the weekend then they’ll be down if they lose their 2 games.

If we lose at the weekend then they would need to win 1 of their games before they face us to not be down by then.