The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Anyone going along to the POTY awards? I'm undecided at the minute purely because it's been an underwhelming season especially at Somerset. I imagine if we win or draw on Saturday it will be a great night, but not so much if we lose 

Edited by Thereisalight..

46 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Anyone going along to the POTY awards? I'm undecided at the minute purely because it's been an underwhelming season especially at Somerset. I imagine if we win or draw on Saturday it will be a great night, but not so much if we lose 

A few years back (I think it was McCalls relegation season), I made a funny and asked if the players would even be at the event because they hadn't turned up all season.

It didn't go down very well.

29 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

A few years back (I think it was McCalls relegation season), I made a funny and asked if the players would even be at the event because they hadn't turned up all season.

It didn't go down very well.

I went in a relegation season, although it was after Keigan Parker scored that worldie and we beat Dundee 3-2 and it was still a good night

So season form aside, if the result that day was good, it will be a good night

33 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The last three (at least) POTY events have been after defeats…

Yeah, I think the 15/16 POTY event was after Airdrie scudded us 3-0 at Somerset in what was a dead rubber game for us as we already had second place wrapped up.

It was big Gerry McLaughlan's final game for us as well. He didn't play for us again.

3 hours ago, rgreig said:

I have just looked at the video of the goals but they seem to have got Maxwell and Reading mixed up? i.e. it says Goal F is Reading in the voting form and I am pretty sure that in the video F is Maxwell's equaliser!

You're right. I compiled the video from a list of goals the club gave me. I sent it to those that run the website and never thought to check... more fool me. There is an internal meeting next week about media for next season and if anyone has any questions/comments/ideas etc about any of it feel free to reply or PM me on here and I'll pass them all on to the club.

Here's a link to the POTY page as it doesn't appear on the frontpage of the club's official website...

https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/goal-of-the-season-2022

6 hours ago, wuffster said:

You're right. I compiled the video from a list of goals the club gave me. I sent it to those that run the website and never thought to check... more fool me. There is an internal meeting next week about media for next season and if anyone has any questions/comments/ideas etc about any of it feel free to reply or PM me on here and I'll pass them all on to the club.

Here's a link to the POTY page as it doesn't appear on the frontpage of the club's official website...

Sack Callum Campbell 

6 hours ago, wuffster said:

Put the highlights back on YouTube, and at the end of them you could have a notice saying extended highlights are available on B&W if you subscribe. Think the club are missing a trick in terms of marketing with not allowing as wide an audience as possible to see them.

8 hours ago, wuffster said:

It has probably been covered before, certainly has on here about the difference in image quality between your highlights and the two cameras on the stream. It is especially noticeable when in low light when one camera (normally SRE facing) is a bit clearer than the one facing the Railways end. I'm assuming they are totally different camera models? The stream has come a long way, but i'd still have Morton/Raith as the gold standard. Certainly the pre match interview is a welcome addition. Not sure what changes I'd recommend for the highlights to be honest.

There should be some kudos and praise though for the overall increase in the media output over the last few months, we've gone from watching tumbleweeds to seeing plenty of engagement and celebrating our players. Striking the balance here is difficult but I feel like we're just about right with it at present. Obviously additional things added to B&W TV would be good, for example a fan podcast or vlogs (there is where capacity constraints would maybe come in as I'm sure they'd like to monitor the content prior to release).

Pipedream stuff (if we had no finance/capacity constraints): Would love an option for game audio only, will give people the choice. I personally don't mind the commentary but I know there is a large section who do. Goal mouth cameras would be class, but I have no idea what level of investment that would require. For Twitter: a wee video for each players who scores, although might make life more difficult? Player intro videos like Shankland at Beerschot (absolutely in the pipedream category). 

The stream could be extended to offer a sum up of the game, showing highlights during it of key moments and then player interviews live. It would save folk waiting until some time the following morning to see the key incidents again.

don’t know how hard the highlight parts would be to turn around so quickly.

I would draw the line at fan interaction, it would become like Jim Spence on sportscene results. Calum reading through emails from Norma Stits and Drew Peacock trying to find one that isn’t insulting him or someone else at the club that he can read out. 

A day in the life of a player get them to vlog training or match day, a fans podcast with access to the club/players I know itzdrk had one and the Moff was on it at one point don't know if he'd want to link up with the club to get more access.

17 hours ago, wuffster said:

There is an internal meeting next week about media for next season and if anyone has any questions/comments/ideas etc about any of it feel free to reply or PM me on here and I'll pass them all on to the club.

I agree with those who have said that the stream is a lot better than it was but I do think that the first priority should be getting the basics right to deliver a very high quality stream. I think ours is arguably the poorest in the division. The camera angle makes it very challenging so I think it's essential that they construct suitable places in the ground to have cameras positioned. Then they also need to have the hardware encoders to deliver this at 1080p 60fps live. Once you have high quality footage from a few different angles you can then use that in premium features such as game analysis from the manager etc. which would be interesting for many people I think. It may also be viable to create extended highlights packages.

It would be interesting market research to know if the number of subscribers to our matchday stream is similar to other clubs in the division.

I see one of the belrock boys is saying he won’t be back at Somerset after the way he was treated and the meeting with the stewards. 

I have never had a problem with the stewards at Somerset. Have any of you guys had any issues? 

Give it till next season and he’ll be back.

Mathie seems to be sorting it anyway, the guy is very good - let’s all hope he is here for a while!

Genuinely the only bright spark to come from this season and I know we’ve had the hub and stuff open but if it wasn’t for him I don’t think I’d feel any optimism for the future whatsoever.

There were two stewards on Saturday dressed like they were on black opps. There is nothing worse than a steward or bounce on a power trip, you want your stewards in an ill fitting Hi-Viz jacket, not armed to the teeth in tactical clothing.  

One walked behind Bullen during the post match interviews. 

On 11/04/2022 at 15:57, HMIP said:

You’re a member of staff who regularly presents yourself as being “in the know”, presumably on the basis of gossip you overhear around the club.  For me, that does put a responsibility on you to think that bit more about what you post, particularly when it involves other people at the club.  A failure to do that last Summer led to you playing an indirect role in embarrassing the club over the Todorov debacle.  But it’s a moot point, as the club clearly aren’t fussed about your indiscreet comments on this forum, or something would have been said by now.  Historically I’d have put that down to a lack of professionalism at the club, but Mathie is changing that and it still doesn’t seem to be a concern.

FFS not this again, feels like the third time this season.

10 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:
22 hours ago, wuffster said:

A day in the life of a player get them to vlog training or match day, a fans podcast with access to the club/players I know itzdrk had one and the Moff was on it at one point don't know if he'd want to link up with the club to get more access.

No way.