The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 hours ago, rb123! said:

So the word on the street again seems to be that Muirhead will be heading to Partick in the summer for a reunion with McCall

No idea if it's true or not

Good. 

13 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

POTY - Adeloye
YPOTY - McInroy
GOTS - Only picked three goals and it was McInroy vs Accies, Reading vs Killie and McKenzie vs Raith

Basically the same except Maxwell against Kilmarnock instead of McKenzie. 

6 hours ago, rb123! said:

So the word on the street again seems to be that Muirhead will be heading to Partick in the summer for a reunion with McCall

No idea if it's true or not

Wouldn’t bother a number of people if he did go , not heard that rumour though 

8 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Wouldn’t bother a number of people if he did go , not heard that rumour though 

Is the club really happy with someone posting nasty comments like this about another member of staff?

23 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What nasty comment?

Don’t be thick.  In any normal workplace, posting a comment like that on social media about another member of staff might well lead to a discussion with a Line Manager.

Don’t be thick.  In any normal workplace, posting a comment like that on social media about another member of staff might well lead to a discussion with a Line Manager.

As far as I’m aware he’s a volunteer and he didn’t say anything about Muirhead. Simply said others might not be bothered to see him go. Which is correct.

If you feel as strongly about it then maybe you should report him.

59 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Is the club really happy with someone posting nasty comments like this about another member of staff?

I did not say anywhere that I would be happy if he left , read previous comments from others and you will understand my post , 

22 minutes ago, HMIP said:

it’s obvious you totally misunderstood or misread the post , maybe understood it better if I changed the word people to fans , but a very poor response from yourself all the same 

Edited by Finlay21

1 hour ago, HMIP said:

Please show me where I said anything derogatory regarding any player at the club or where I said he should leave , 

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

I did not say anywhere that I would be happy if he left , read previous comments from others and you will understand my post , 

You’re a member of staff who regularly presents yourself as being “in the know”, presumably on the basis of gossip you overhear around the club.  For me, that does put a responsibility on you to think that bit more about what you post, particularly when it involves other people at the club.  A failure to do that last Summer led to you playing an indirect role in embarrassing the club over the Todorov debacle.  But it’s a moot point, as the club clearly aren’t fussed about your indiscreet comments on this forum, or something would have been said by now.  Historically I’d have put that down to a lack of professionalism at the club, but Mathie is changing that and it still doesn’t seem to be a concern.

6 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Please show me where I said anything derogatory regarding any player at the club or where I said he should leave , 

“Wouldn’t bother a number of people if he did go”.

Not exactly a compliment, is it?  

3 minutes ago, HMIP said:

You’re a member of staff who regularly presents yourself as being “in the know”, presumably on the basis of gossip you overhear around the club.  For me, that does put a responsibility on you to think that bit more about what you post, particularly when it involves other people at the club.  A failure to do that last Summer led to you playing an indirect role in embarrassing the club over the Todorov debacle.  But it’s a moot point, as the club clearly aren’t fussed about your indiscreet comments on this forum, or something would have been said by now.  Historically I’d have put that down to a lack of professionalism at the club, but Mathie is changing that and it still doesn’t seem to be a concern.

You've interpreted his comment to be around opinions being floated within the club. The 'not bothered' comment could also have be made around the consensus on here 

5 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Cant tell you the last time I posted an ITK post that was not common knowledge to majority of fans or a available on other sites , but no point in me saying anymore 

Muirhead would be back up for us, at absolute best. This rumour comes up a lot, but if we were going for anyone from Ayr’s team, I wouldn’t choose him. Adeloye or Maxwell please. 

You can have Maxwell as well.

Maxwell is an excellent player with a decent future in the game. However, he should have been dropped weeks ago. 
if you look at how McCall handled Forrest, McGuffie and McDaid, he would leave them out for 3-4 weeks at a time to almost freshen them up. I think McKenzie and Maxwell needed that, probably since the Kilmarnock game.

Muirhead is a good championship defender and I wouldn’t be against him staying or going. The bigger issue is attracting another good championship defender to replace him. So I’d me more inclined to try and keep him unless there is a player waiting to come in. The fact he’s not playing Fjortoft or Baird suggests they will be off in the summer.