The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Seems every week on the SRE there is some negative story about the stewards at Somerset. Today going into the NT I witnessed 2 security guys man handle an old drunk guy to the ground. Very heavy handed IMO

As for the FB stories l, I was standing there at the time and the guy was refused re-entry as its ground rules that when you leave you leave. Seems it was heightened as a woman was allowed back in straight after him. Turns out the woman's son was taking part in some coaching session on the pitch after the game and that's why she was allowed in and the guy wasnt. Maybe Ayr should put out a statement about that to avoid any more trouble or seen to be picking and choosing who they allow back in 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Seems every week on the SRE there is some negative story about the stewards at Somerset. Today going into the NT I witnessed 2 security guys man handle an old drunk guy to the ground. Very heavy handed IMO

As for the FB stories l, I was standing there at the time and the guy was refused re-entry as its ground rules that when you leave you leave. Seems it was heightened as a woman was allowed back in straight after him. Turns out the woman's son was taking part in some coaching session on the pitch after the game and that's why she was allowed in and the guy wasnt. Maybe Ayr should put out a statement about that to avoid any more trouble or seen to be picking and choosing who they allow back in 

Tbf I saw the guy and he was absolutely smashed .he was nearly in the urinal in the toilet .maybe it was for his safety .a tumble down the terrace could be fatal .

Saw a couple of falls recently on the terrace and both needed treatment. Not nice  seeing someone falling and knocking themselves out cold. 

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I don’t really see why there is a policy you don’t get back in. If you are a season ticket holder you have paid for it and are perfectly entitled to re-enter. Obviously unusual, but there could be a legitimate reason for needing to leave and then come back again too. 

3 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Tbf I saw the guy and he was absolutely smashed .he was nearly in the urinal in the toilet .maybe it was for his safety .a tumble down the terrace could be fatal .

Saw a couple of falls recently on the terrace and both needed treatment. Not nice  seeing someone falling and knocking themselves out cold. 

Aye I saw that guy too. This was a different one, this old guy was going in the turnstile and the heavy handed pair pulled him out and wrestled him to the ground before he had a chance to go in 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t really see why there is a policy you don’t get back in. If you are a season ticket holder you have paid for it and are perfectly entitled to re-enter. Obviously unusual, but there could be a legitimate reason for needing to leave and then come back again too. 

It's a stupid rule, but they come from Provan and not the stewards (I know a few lads who do it). Legitimate reasons are perfectly fine. Think in this situation the boy should have said what had happened before he left so he'd be allowed back in and go in the same way he had exited so the steward knew he was legit. Sadly it's not just a rule Ayr have made up, go to most grounds or concert venues and it's the same. 

Next week I'd consider Reading at RB and Maxwell at LB maybe? Houston doesn't fill me with any confidence. Would definitely rather O'Connor/Ashford at the top end of the pitch in place of Maxwell.

McKenzie shouldn't be starting.

Wouldn't have a problem with Smith in the middle alongside McInroy (and Murdoch) if we go with a 3.

Tomi has to play. We are a different team with him bringing things together. Thought he was immense today.

I'd have

McAdams

Reading Aero McGinty Maxwell

Murdoch

Smith             McInroy            

O'Connor   Adeloye    Ashford

Edited by AuAl

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

It's a stupid rule, but they come from Provan and not the stewards (I know a few lads who do it). Legitimate reasons are perfectly fine. Think in this situation the boy should have said what had happened before he left so he'd be allowed back in and go in the same way he had exited so the steward knew he was legit. Sadly it's not just a rule Ayr have made up, go to most grounds or concert venues and it's the same. 

Yeah, there should obviously be some ability to use discretion when it is someone who has clearly paid hundreds for a season ticket to watch utter shite all season as well. 

Would happily start Fraser over Ashford next week and put Maxwell as LM.

Kenyon, Gondoh, Blaise Riley have all been wastes of a jersey. Ashford not much better. The only bright signing of the journeymen from down south has been Adeloye 

Lol whit? Ashford was good today. After today I’m entirely convinced he’s not a striker but he’s got the speed and ability to play wide and stretch defences.

I’d be going with this against Dunfermline

McAdams

Fjortoft
Muirhead
McGinty
Reading

Maxwell
Murdoch
McInroy

O’Connor
Adeloye
Ashford

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Lol whit? Ashford was good today. After today I’m entirely convinced he’s not a striker but he’s got the speed and ability to play wide and stretch defences.

McAdams

Fjortoft
Muirhead
McGinty
Reading

Maxwell
Murdoch
McInroy

O’Connor
Adeloye
Ashford

I think this is the side I would edge towards. Yeah, Ashford is absolutely never a lone striker and does his best work in the wider areas. Another who has been hung out to dry at times by Bullen. 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

McAdams

Fjortoft
Muirhead
McGinty
Reading

Maxwell
Murdoch
McInroy

O’Connor
Adeloye
Ashford

Forgot about Fjortoft when considering Houston replacements.

Would be happy enough with this. Would maybe give Smith a go over Maxwell in the middle.

Dunfermline were dreadful today….though we were good !

If you cant beat them next week then you deserve to finish below them

however I think you have shown enough from your last few games to see you draw/win game and stay out of playoffs

First half was dreadful. Conceded 2 very easy goals again. Didn’t have a ball in to the box for the full 45 minutes. 
boo’d off at half time, nasty atmosphere.

Second half went more attacking. Dominated the majority of the ball, created a few chances and looked the only team likely to win. Applauded off the park at the final whistle.

it’s not hard to see what gets the fans on-side and supporting the team 

27 minutes ago, Hursty said:

If nothing else, my son had his first game today and loved it - so much that he has went to bed in tears that we are sticking to the family holiday in Portpatrick for Easter Weekend rather than going to Dunfermline. Another one hooked for life. 

20220409_144118.jpg

Fantastic, good to see another kid following the Super. 👏

15 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

First half was dreadful. Conceded 2 very easy goals again. Didn’t have a ball in to the box for the full 45 minutes. 
boo’d off at half time, nasty atmosphere.

Second half went more attacking. Dominated the majority of the ball, created a few chances and looked the only team likely to win. Applauded off the park at the final whistle.

it’s not hard to see what gets the fans on-side and supporting the team 

Especially strange as Bullen talked about that kind of thing when he first came in. Shame he's not taking his own advice.

2 hours ago, HMIP said:

Felt a bit sorry for Maxwell as he looked like a fish out of water playing at the top of the diamond.  Kenyon doesn’t look like a serious option so if Murdoch isn’t fit next week I wonder if Maxwell could drop deeper and more central with McInroy.  Smith did well too, but might be asking too much to throw him in from the start.

1st time I saw Kenyon play for us was while watching the Arbroath stream a few weeks back. Was hard to judge him from the stream but having seen him today I agree with your assessment. He looked somewhat slow and the game seemed to pass him by. Can't afford passengers for the Dunfermline game.

Though Smith did well also when he was subbed on.

Playing devils advocate but is Tomi fit for 90? Assume Bullen is bringing him on to face a relatively tired defence. If he starts we’re maybe not a goal or two down at HT but risk capitulation when he’s taken off after an hour or whatever. Maybe a little harsh on Kenyon given he’ll have come in unfit, expect he’ll still start ahead of Smith.