The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Houston and Mackenzie shouldn’t be seen again

They will 100% both start next week and Dom Thomas will have a fucking field day the same as Chalmers did for ICT today. 

Next week I'd start the way we finished today (other than Baird) and at least have a go.  If we start the usual way then we will be a goal or 2 down at HT anyway so why not at least try and be winning.   With Smith McInroy in middle, Ashford O Connor wide and Tomi Bryden up front we actually looked a good side.   

7 minutes ago, North British said:

The turnaround in the second half was of the scale . Everybody talks about Tomi and O’Conner today and rightly so but I though the introduction of Sam on the left and the opportunity to show us the pace he has ,took us to a different level . It lets us do things at a different tempo . This has to be the formula going forward . We aren’t good enough to pass our way through teams but we have the potential to put pace on the game and get runners going on the flanks . Hopefully big Sean is ok for next week , oh and a word out to big Aero , solid as a rock today . 

One last thing ,congratulations to a young boy of 17 busting his cherry and at Championship level . This boy might just be our first big money sale once he fills out . 

Ashford was excellent second half, if only several of us has been suggesting playing out wide for weeks! It was really a combination of different things that saw our improvement, playing Tomi gets the best out of everyone around him. 

9 minutes ago, Hursty said:

They will 100% both start next week and Dom Thomas will have a fucking field day the same as Chalmers did for ICT today. 

Next week I'd start the way we finished today (other than Baird) and at least have a go.  If we start the usual way then we will be a goal or 2 down at HT anyway so why not at least try and be winning.   With Smith McInroy in middle, Ashford O Connor wide and Tomi Bryden up front we actually looked a good side.   

Nah, there is a balance and playing without any defensive players whatsoever in midfield is far too much. All we need to do is have two more defensive midfielders to allow three in behind a striker to make things happen higher up the pitch. All about the balance and Bullen hasn’t found that yet. I would be going either 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. 

Edited by No_Problemo

12 minutes ago, North British said:

The turnaround in the second half was of the scale . Everybody talks about Tomi and O’Conner today and rightly so but I though the introduction of Sam on the left and the opportunity to show us the pace he has ,took us to a different level . It lets us do things at a different tempo . This has to be the formula going forward . We aren’t good enough to pass our way through teams but we have the potential to put pace on the game and get runners going on the flanks . Hopefully big Sean is ok for next week , oh and a word out to big Aero , solid as a rock today . 

One last thing ,congratulations to a young boy of 17 busting his cherry and at Championship level . This boy might just be our first big money sale once he fills out . 

Said that to my old man at HT - if we do go down and get Ashford playing as a wide left forward he will tear the league up haha. He was excellent 2nd half 

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Ashford was excellent second half, if only several of us has been suggesting playing out wide for weeks! It was really a combination of different things that saw our improvement, playing Tomi gets the best out of everyone around him. 

Not according to the 8 year old I got talking to after my 6 year old at his first ever game started chatting to him. 

"Aye Tomi has tried a bit more recently but he's been BONE IDLE all season, useless".    8 year old coming out with that quote haha.  8 year olds are meant to love big strikers that score goals.

17 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Not according to the 8 year old I got talking to after my 6 year old at his first ever game started chatting to him. 

"Aye Tomi has tried a bit more recently but he's been BONE IDLE all season, useless".    8 year old coming out with that quote haha.  8 year olds are meant to love big strikers that score goals.

😂 learned behaviour and all that!

Tomi’s ability is wonderful to watch when he is at it, and people get close to him. 

Edited by No_Problemo

[emoji23] learned behaviour and all that!
Tomi’s absolute is wonderful to watch when he is at it, and people get close to him. 
His performance in that 2nd half was absolutely brilliant it's says a lot when there is a thread on here about players you would take from other teams and 90% of the posters say they would take Tomi, we need make sure if he stays in Scotland next season it's with us.

5 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

His performance in that 2nd half was absolutely brilliant it's says a lot when there is a thread on here about players you would take from other teamsand 90% of the posters say they would take Tomi, we need make sure if he stays in Scotland next season it's with us.

Gonna be difficult to make him stay . These are the guys everybody wants . Look at the difference Lafferty has made to the pot lickers . Worth every penny of his £7k a week . We have to do likewise with Tomi . Pay him his worth . If he had went to QoS last summer we’d be down already . The Jags fans seem to want Cammy Smith out the door , if McCall thinks the same then I’d be grabbing him for no10 and pushing Sam wide and Fraz onto the bench to build his minutes up . All of that of course depends on us getting Tomi fixed up . 

Loads piling in on Maxy today , the boy is a left wing back that comes with goals . He’ll score an important one before the season is over . Boy deserves a break , remember he’s only 20 . 

Those who criticise Tomi are utter brain donors. All supports have them but we are burdened with more than most. Once Tomi was on the aimless punts actually had a focal point. He brought people into the game. Tomi & Daire coming on changed the game. Fireman Sam was much more effective on the left than Maxwell. 

A few players who should not start a game from now on in:

Mckenzie

Maxwell (unless at left back - sorry Paddy)

Kenyon (Grant Gillespie 2.0)

Houston (play anyone else at right back)

That first half really was as bad as anything we witnessed this season.

My prediction for the Aumedia post match interview:

"Well Lee, a tactical masterstroke from yourself at half time earning a hard fought point. Unlucky not to take all three."

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

My prediction for the Aumedia post match interview:

"Well Lee, a tactical masterstroke from yourself at half time earning a hard fought point. Unlucky not to take all three."

I'm sure they'll go for the jugular. Or maybe not.

Anyway, I didn't see today's match but sounds like it would have been very bad for my blood pressure. How did Paul Smith play when he came on? Was Kenyon injured when he came off?

Anyway, I didn't see today's match but sounds like it would have been very bad for my blood pressure. How did Paul Smith play when he came on? Was Kenyon injured when he came off?

Smith looked decent. Took the ball in right areas and helped Daire a wee bit out wide. Not the most subtle though. Very obviously tried to take a swipe at an ICT player and just missed him.

3 minutes ago, rgreig said:

Smith did pretty well.  Kenyon was miles off the pace and if I’m honest looks seriously out of condition.  

19 minutes ago, rgreig said:

I thought Smith did well when he came on. Tidy in possession and nipping at the oppositions heels. He got a booking for persistent fouling, it was a bit harsh.

Kenyon didn't look fit to me and didn't contribute anything all game. His shadow was close to an opposition player a couple of times but that was about it.

I'd start Smith ahead of him tbh.

13 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Nice interview with Bryden! A great game and first goal from the young man.

He's certainly got a bright future ahead of him .Great too see him finally get a goal.its a bit unfair that he's been thrown in at the deep end this season. You could see after his goal how confident it made him .

It beggars belief that O’Connor hasn’t even been given time off the bench to impact things over recent months, given the type of player that he is. He is an instant improvement on McKenzie - and I’m not having this nonsense about McKenzie’s work rate. He is positionally poor defensively and O’Connor works hard too. It absolutely has to be Ashford and O’Connor either side of Tomi for the rest of the season. And yes, that is harsh on Bryden - but he has earned his place as the go to sub from that bench now though. I just think the balance goes too far the other way if you play the four of them, and it doesn’t get the best out of McInroy either. The only issue is who the midfield three are, when Dempsey is out. I would have Maxwell and Smith before Kenyon now. 

ETA, despite saying this - I am now thinking about just going balls out 4-4-2 in the last three games if Dempsey is out 😂

Edited by No_Problemo

1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

What is it folk don't like about having a top scorer on the pitch .

We all know the answer to that, and it's nothing to do with the goals and his ability

Sooner these folk all die off, the better.