The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I think Raith will get at least a point from this game, plus Dunfermline play Killie at Rugby Park on Saturday so theyll get nowt from that. Still confident we'll be comfortably away from 9th place 

Stop saying things

17 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I think Raith will get at least a point from this game, plus Dunfermline play Killie at Rugby Park on Saturday so theyll get nowt from that. Still confident we'll be comfortably away from 9th place 

This aged well.

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, I can’t see anything but us shitting it from here.... I fear Bullen’s line up on Saturday will confirm that for me.

Yup. Even if we can stop Inverness getting a second after their inevitable early opener on Saturday and fight back for a point it's now still not to keep us ahead of Pars if (when) we lose there.   Brutal. 

We’ve been relying on Dunfermline being pish for far too long.  Was always likely it would catch up on us.  Points are still there for us, but we’ll need to win both our remaining home games at least, which is a worry given we haven’t won at home since the beginning of January.

Get the Railway End opened for us on Saturday and we can maybe get a good atmosphere both halves to give these players some inspiration. f**k knows if it will make an ounce of difference though.

Well that’s it down to two points and we’ll need to be on it on Saturday, Raith we’re shocking gave away a gift of a first goal and all downhill from there. No doubt Dunfermline outlets are Lawless and Thomas  which gives me the fear with Houston at right back ,Thomas will give him a torrid time the form he is in, and if we go there two ahead a victory for them puts us in 9th , gonna be another nervous time but all could change if we turn up on Saturday. Inverness have had a nice break  no game last week so will be really up for this

Since Bullen took over, we’ve played Morton twice, Hamilton twice, Queens and Dunfermline once.  We’ve taken 4 points out of a possible 18.  Zero wins.  We’ve shat the bed in every 6 pointer we’ve faced.  Even Duffy managed to conjure wins against Queens, Dunfermline and Hamilton.  

On 05/04/2022 at 21:33, Thereisalight.. said:

Raith will win tomorrow night imo. Theyll be on a high from.Sunday. dunfermline then play killie on Saturday so theyll get fck all from that. Confident we are safe already tbh and I'm an eternal pessimist 

41 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Cheers pal, anymore great predictions? 

We've conceded first in each of our last 6 home games.   Goals timed at 3, 6, 7, 10, 27 and a valiant 32 mins.  .  Wonder how long it will be in this latest must win game?   

Even worse is the fact that the run above includes home games with everyone else in the bottom half  

Edited by Hursty

This season of ours is going to hinge on this game up at east end innit?
Not necessarily.

We need 2 wins, and all 4 are winnable. Alternatively, 3 draws (assuming one at East end park) might also do it.

Might actually put the shitters up them knowing they need to get a result on Saturday, but aye 8th looking like a struggle now.
It's not a struggle, and we need to remember that Dunfermline would rather be in our position. A 2 point advantage and we don't need to play Killie away.

If we finish 9th we'll go down, and we'll deserve it.

But it's more than just 'in our hands'.

21 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

It's not a struggle, and we need to remember that Dunfermline would rather be in our position. A 2 point advantage and we don't need to play Killie away.

It really does make Saturday huge.  Win that and an element of pressure is lifted from the trip to Dunfermline (assuming they haven't picked up a shock win at Killie).   

In theory it's one of those games where the team at the bottom is scrapping for everything, crowd right behind them and pick up a massive 3 points.  Will it happen?  After the last couple of games I can't really see it, but hopefully having Ashford back and Adeloye hopefully fit means we can freshen it up a bit.  

46 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It's a blow, but we will be back to 5 points ahead of them come 5pm Saturday (I assume). Just out of interest when is the play off dates?...

46 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Read my last post.  Saturday we could and should be back to being 5 in front of the Pars

Gonnae just stop pls