The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

On 04/04/2022 at 09:41, UpInTheAyr said:

Fife derby Wednesday so obviously looking for a Raith win, but that would put them level on points with Thistle and we're not wanting that 4th placed battle to go on much longer considering we have Thistle last game of the season. Have to be looking for 7 points over the next 3 games, anything less than 5 is cutting it too close.

Raith will win tomorrow night imo. Theyll be on a high from.Sunday. dunfermline then play killie on Saturday so theyll get fck all from that. Confident we are safe already tbh and I'm an eternal pessimist 

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Speaking of accounts, is hospitality ever going to open up again? Surely we've missed a few quid from that this season? Yes we have the hub for drinks etc but as far as I'm aware they dont do meals in there. Always wanted to try hospitality but never got around to it 😑

Hospitality will be open for start of next season 

16 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Speaking of accounts, is hospitality ever going to open up again? Surely we've missed a few quid from that this season? Yes we have the hub for drinks etc but as far as I'm aware they dont do meals in there. Always wanted to try hospitality but never got around to it 😑

I thought with the rumours about renovations to the north terrace they were maybe closing it for good but thinking about it, the red zones are all still in use at every ground. 
the hospitality became a social club and less of an event or day out for people. Maybe with the hub in place, it will become more of a event, with a dress code etc. 

48 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Raith will win tomorrow night imo. Theyll be on a high from.Sunday. dunfermline then play killie on Saturday so theyll get fck all from that. Confident we are safe already tbh and I'm an eternal pessimist 

I'm not quite there yet, but tough two fixtures coming for the Pars coming up, every chance they get nothing from them. That would go a long way for us.

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Aw well, we all know what happens now don’t we? 🤦‍♂️ 😂

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Kristen Wiig GIF

13 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Hospitality will be open for start of next season 

Can we fire a couple of portacabins behind it so the away team still have to trudge down the North Terrace? It has been my highlight of this season. 

VAR can GTF - imagine seeing McInroy's goal on Friday there, celebrating it (imagine it had been a winner) then slowly realising VAR was analysing the tiniest bit of contact on the Hamilton defender immediately before the ball gets hit with the intention of ruling it out if there was a hint of a nudge.  

34 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Hewitt has signed a 3 year deal, happy with that.  Looked like he was ready to kick on up until his injury.  Good squad filler who can cover 2/3 positions.

In terms of some of the qualities you saw from him at the beginning of the season there was definitely potential there in terms of being a decent RB. Powerful, aggressive, incredible engine and good at driving with the ball when played in that right of central midfield position. Probably needed a bit more on the ball at times to be a central midfielder, but interested to see how he is in his natural position. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Player of the year dinner is after the Dunfermline game. Imagine we lose the next two games and are in the bottom two.

imagine how long that bus journey back from Dunfermline is going to be.

That should be a big incentive to the players. Being offered a drink on the night or a magnum of champagne up the arse, fat end first, for being a useless b*****d. 

3 years is a decent statement of intent especially for a young player who I think is going to play a big part in next season. If we can keep those keeping with other important players then I’ll be delighted.

He was the only bright spark to a very shitey start to the season. He was providing what we were missing in midfield, bite and energy. He could have been a big part of the season if it wasn’t for his injuries.

People at the club have obviously more knowledge on him than I do so maybe a 2 and a bit year deal is the right thing to do. With a slight caveat that they also gave Gondoh an 18 month contract, currently about a month for every minute he’s played. 

Hopefully it will be the start of a bit of stability, signing up players that can develop over 3 years and players that are good enough for at least 2 years.