The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Really miss the old season ticket books. Something very satisfying about carefully tearing out the numbered slip for the relevant game. And no need to worry about scanning/systems being down. Sometimes it would be nice if everything in life wasn’t controlled by a screen. 

Fife derby Wednesday so obviously looking for a Raith win, but that would put them level on points with Thistle and we're not wanting that 4th placed battle to go on much longer considering we have Thistle last game of the season. Have to be looking for 7 points over the next 3 games, anything less than 5 is cutting it too close.

21 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Fife derby Wednesday so obviously looking for a Raith win, but that would put them level on points with Thistle and we're not wanting that 4th placed battle to go on much longer considering we have Thistle last game of the season. Have to be looking for 7 points over the next 3 games, anything less than 5 is cutting it too close.

Dunfermline play Raith on Wednesday and Queens play Thistle on Friday. Hopefully it’s Raith and Thistle wins.

It’s crucial that we aren’t going up to EEP where a Pars win would take them above us as I’d fancy them to turn us over. 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Dunfermline play Raith on Wednesday and Queens play Thistle on Friday. Hopefully it’s Raith and Thistle wins.

It’s crucial that we aren’t going up to EEP where a Pars win would take them above us as I’d fancy them to turn us over. 

The Dunfermline & QoS games are giving me the fear at the moment. I'd love to beat Caley on Saturday to build more of a buffer.

Would be great if Raith and Partick could do us a favour. A result for us against Inverness (very unlikely IMO) would be even better.

Gambling on pars/queens not picking up points in the next two, but if we could go to EEP with a 4 point gap or more to 9th it would be ideal.

Likely won't turn out that way though 

Would be fantastic to get a win against ICT this Saturday, but being realistic with Inverness having won 3 of 3 recently a draw would be acceptable enough.

Dunfermline and QOS to lose every game from now would be most useful. It would be utterly nerve wracking if our fate depended on the Dunfermline and QOS result on the last day of the season.

22 hours ago, Death in Vegas said:

Mental that if Lachlan got his finger out over here and took a good business approach to Ayr he might not have lost millions. I’m for one really shocked. Guy set as back years.

Is this the Cameron that just wrote off another million pounds of debt the club owed him, which is by far the biggest impact on the accounts over the last year?

Also that bit in the news post about the Hub's financial commitment being external. It's better that the bar and the car park are owned by the same person who currently owns the club, but that is not the same as them being owned *by* the club. And this distinction matters even more when you consider that the club is using the Hub for office space.

Edited by Thumper

Lachlan gets a bit of a hard ride from alot of people, he wasn't immune to making mistakes. However, I think it was quite admirable that he held on for so long to ensure we had someone who actually cared about the club take the reigns. He admitted quite a few times that he just didn't have the finances to take the club any further, so it wasn't as if he was hiding behind some false position. To write off £1m of soft loans he pumped in over the year was massive, it is no small chunk of change and allows the Smith era to start on a forward foot rather than scrambling around trying to figure out how to clear that debt. How many chancers could he have sold the club to and taken the money? Certainly we know of a few that would have sold the ground for housing to make a quick buck. 

I'm not privvy to the finances of our new board, nor than plans but I would assume if that debt was still saddled to the club it would have been difficult to push on with the hub and any other plans in the work such as the NT rumours that have been floating about for the last year or so. The Lachlan era for me is essentially survival and resetting the clock, the Smith era is now the club venturing forwards and trying to grow. 

Ayr United wouldn’t exist anymore if it wasn’t for Cameron.  It really is that simple.  He put a fortune into keeping us alive when no else lifted a finger and in the end wrote off that fortune.  And he also waited for years to find someone credible to take the club forward and clearly saw off carpet baggers and Walter Mitty type characters at various points.  I think he accepted long ago that he was the wrong person to run the club on a day to day basis given he lives in the US, but as a responsible custodian, I don’t think the club has ever had better.  

Edited by HMIP

22 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Honestly just bin the ticketing system. At this point it just seems to create more problems than it solves.

Certain elements of it have worked and helped a lot of people. It was the dictatorial aspect of it i didn't like as it had the potential to impact certain sections of our support. Teething problems at this stage suggests the old moaners might have  been worth listening to.  Assuming that the hub takes cash there is less excuse for not reintroducing a cash gate. 

Certain elements of it have worked and helped a lot of people. It was the dictatorial aspect of it i didn't like as it had the potential to impact certain sections of our support. Teething problems at this stage suggests the old moaners might have  been worth listening to.  Assuming that the hub takes cash there is less excuse for not reintroducing a cash gate. 
It should never have been an 'all in' introduction.

A gradual move to these things is always the best way to go.

See the players had a team bonding escape room day.

there was a real risk that the match preview would have several players unavailable due to still being stuck in the room.  Having seen some of them play, they look the type that would struggle to get out a phone box 

18 hours ago, AyrExile said:

Assuming that the hub takes cash there is less excuse for not reintroducing a cash gate. 

Leaving aside that the hub is not the club, if you bring back a cash gate then you have to bring back the entire infrastructure for handling matchday cash, and the doing-away-with of that was one of the biggest draws in going to a cashless gate in the first place.

39 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

See the players had a team bonding escape room day.

there was a real risk that the match preview would have several players unavailable due to still being stuck in the room.  Having seen some of them play, they look the type that would struggle to get out a phone box 

Genuinely struggling to think how they could adapt an escape room to the level of intellect possessed by the average football player. Coloured blocks being put into the right shaped holes? Counting to ten?

10 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Leaving aside that the hub is not the club, if you bring back a cash gate then you have to bring back the entire infrastructure for handling matchday cash, and the doing-away-with of that was one of the biggest draws in going to a cashless gate in the first place.

Around 85/90% of our paying by game support are now purchasing tickets online this includes away support 

Edited by Finlay21

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Around 85/90% of our paying by game support are now purchasing tickets online this includes away support 

Question for you: Is the QR code when you log into your season ticket on your total tickets account, the same one as on your season ticket card? As in, would it also scan at the turnstile the same as your card. 

Tried to use the season ticket QR code I was emailed (the one that looks the same as normal match day ticket) when first purchasing my season the other night, but it didn’t work. 

I hope the club are at least considering doing a fan consultation before the VAR vote in two weeks' time. While its introduction to the Premiership would obviously have no immediate consequences for us, inevitably we'd be exposed to it at some point.

I'm dead against it but, regardless of whether that's a minority or a majority view among our support, it's important that we have our voices heard. This could potentially be the most seismic change to the in-person experience of watching Scottish football in decades and we're the mugs who actually watch it.