The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Assuming we stay up actually quite looking forward to see what business we do during the summer, considering what they pulled off in January. Assume Bullen will have more of a say in things this time around so not sure what type of effect that will have on the process.

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Assuming we stay up actually quite looking forward to see what business we do during the summer, considering what they pulled off in January. Assume Bullen will have more of a say in things this time around so not sure what type of effect that will have on the process.

Especially now glendinning is onboard and had some time to bed in. There is a lot of good things happening off the pitch with the club. We need to stay up though, I am actually feeling better about the prospect of doing that

12 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

If we’re looking a potential line up for next season then I’d hope we can line up like this. A lot depends on keeping guys we’ve got and getting the right new signings in.

McAdams

New RB
New CB
New CB
Reading

Dempsey
Murdoch
McInroy

New RW
Adeloye
New LW

A new back line is pretty much required even if we have Houston and McGinty signed up. There’s a player in there with Houston but his confidence is shot to bits and I think he could do with taking a step back and working his way back into the team. I really wouldn’t be against us signing an out and out defensive RB to allow Reading more freedom to attack on the left.

New Keeper

New Right Wing Back

Muirhead 

New Sweeper

McGinty 

Maxwell

Demsey

Murdoch

McInroy (in an ideal world)

Ashford

Adeloye 

I see the club have published the accounts. I don't really understand them but the message from the club is positive. 

Maybe to early for the hub to make an impact on finances, I don't imagine the club shop will be up or down in terms of sales by much. Match day revenue, it would be interesting to see if there is a higher uptake on streaming than the normal away gate. 

18 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I see the club have published the accounts. I don't really understand them but the message from the club is positive. 

Maybe to early for the hub to make an impact on finances, I don't imagine the club shop will be up or down in terms of sales by much. Match day revenue, it would be interesting to see if there is a higher uptake on streaming than the normal away gate. 

Aye, results are positive. Over c.£450k in the bank as at last June. Long term loans down c.£1m (thanks Lachlan). Balance sheet is almost in positive territory as well. Net liability of c.£100k. Probably the best set of accounts in about 2 decades. 

21 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The accounts published are for end of June 2021, so the hub won’t have impacted that at all as it was  only started to be built after that was it not? 

3 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

The accounts published are for end of June 2021, so the hub won’t have impacted that at all as it was  only started to be built after that was it not? 

Even for the current financial year, it is still early days of it being established and I wouldn't have expected it to have made a huge difference as yet if you take in to consideration buying stock and hiring staff etc. 

16 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Even for the current financial year, it is still early days of it being established and I wouldn't have expected it to have made a huge difference as yet if you take in to consideration buying stock and hiring staff etc. 

I think it may be difficult for us to assess this anyway because they can choose not to file an income statement (and looking at the records at Companies House, they don't). I am not an accountant so happy to be corrected on this - also not sure if they are close to going above the threshold to be classified as a small company.

I popped into the Hub for first ever visit after game on Friday, had just planned on walking home but the equaliser had me in a good mood so decided on the spur of the moment to pop in for a quick pint.  Phoned my mate and my dad from queue to see if they fancied joining me as they were walking home in other direction.  Ended up staying until closing time and having 5 or 6 pints, and getting a photo with Sean McGinty like the absolute 38 year old child that I am. 

It's a cracking addition - in previous years I'd probably have popped into the Market or something for one or two on walk home and hearing some local Celtic fans asking if Ayr had been playing.   Great to be in with fellow Ayr fans, club getting the money and the odd player popping in.  

On the other hand - thats 2 or possibly 3 games in a row I've been at and just got waved through without having to scan ticket as the system was down.  Really need to get that sorted somehow.  

Edited by Hursty

2 hours ago, Death in Vegas said:

Mental that if Lachlan got his finger out over here and took a good business approach to Ayr he might not have lost millions. I’m for one really shocked. Guy set as back years.

Still kept us from turning into another airdrie. 

I'm no account but these figures seem to be good, I know Smith has his critics and has made some horrific decisions on the pitch i.e not binning Hopkin at the end of last season when a blind man could see where it was going, but off the pitch he's 100% the man to push us forward.

30 minutes ago, Hursty said:

On the other hand - thats 2 or possibly 3 games in a row I've been at and just got waved through without having to scan ticket as the system was down.  Really need to get that sorted somehow.  

Between that and tickets not being sent out for the derby I wonder if there’s plans to change supplier. Can’t imagine the likes of Mathie will be pleased with it.

38 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I popped into the Hub for first ever visit after game on Friday, had just planned on walking home but the equaliser had me in a good mood so decided on the spur of the moment to pop in for a quick pint.  Phoned my mate and my dad from queue to see if they fancied joining me as they were walking home in other direction.  Ended up staying until closing time and having 5 or 6 pints, and getting a photo with Sean McGinty like the absolute 38 year old child that I am. 

It's a cracking addition - in previous years I'd probably have popped into the Market or something for one or two on walk home and hearing some local Celtic fans asking if Ayr had been playing.   Great to be in with fellow Ayr fans, club getting the money and the odd player popping in.  

Was McGinty in for 5 or 6 pints too?

I think the ticket system has been a good thing in the main. The season ticket cards with the QR codes certainly help. The user interface isn't the best tbh that would be my biggest gripe. It would be good to get an app. 

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

I think the ticket system has been a good thing in the main. The season ticket cards with the QR codes certainly help. The user interface isn't the best tbh that would be my biggest gripe. It would be good to get an app. 

Total Tickets do have one for us, which I randomly found once, don't remember it ever being advertised though. Same log in details as you'd use ordering through the official site and the season ticket sits under Member Cards.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=totaltickets.AyrUnited&hl=en&gl=US

https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/ayr-united-fc/id1575918934?platform=iphone

Would be good if there was an SPFL app that you could add your season to and buy away tickets via. Probably a bit radical for Scottish football but, would make life so much easier for fans and maybe even clubs given the operating costs would be pooled and the hardware required could be bought in bulk.