The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Almost alarming how much McInroy stands out against the rest of them, and not just tonight. He's another one we will struggle to keep a hold of next season.

At this stage of the season it really doesn't seem the time or place to be playing the young ones so much, seems almost counter-productive saying that as we've always bleated on about giving them a chance, but I'd rather rely on the likes of Moffat and that to get us over the line.

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Hilarious that the McGinty is the worst player in the universe have gone very quiet🤔

Tbf I think he's atrocious. I don't think we should have him on the books next season and I don't think he should be Captain. He's a pretty good proxy for how I feel about 90% of this team. 

11 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Tbf I think he's atrocious. I don't think we should have him on the books next season and I don't think he should be Captain. He's a pretty good proxy for how I feel about 90% of this team. 

Harsh. No Beckenbauer but certainly not the donkey that so many claimed. 

I thought McGinty was ok tonight, as was Muirhead. Houston gifted Hamilton the goal then had a nightmare for the next 10 minutes before settling down. 

Maxwell again wasted so many chances to create anything by having a poor final touch or final ball, O'Conner at least got balls in to the box. No one was in the Hamilton 6 yard box to take advantage though. We just don't look like scoring goals, even at corners you know we won't score. We are good up until the 18 yard box then turn to shit. 

At least we didn't get beat. 

7 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Tbf I'm not really keen on keeping any of a defence that's conceding 1.4+ goals per game. I wouldn't be white knighting any of them.

The only players I’d keep (no matter what happens come the end of the season) would probably be Reading, McInroy, Maxwell and Adeloye 

the rest of that rabble can gtf.

re Bullen time will tell, that squad is a rabble of the players Kerr wanted to sign and Hopkins haddies. He needs to build his own squad but more importantly he needs his own staff 

32 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Behave, he’s absolutely appalling and I’m still gutted we can’t get rid of him in the summer. Praying he’s 4th choice centre back after the transfer window.

I was full of praise on here for the likes of McKenzie and Houston after the Raith game in particular. But they've resorted back to offering absolute heehaw recently and again just don't look like footballers capable of being justified starters at this level.

We look so rudderless most of the time. A real lack of a clear aim or direction, a proper case of lets just hit it towards the box and hope it falls kindly for Adeolye or McInroy (which luckily it did in the 95th minute).

McInroy is some pler. A real class above most of the squad and I think above most of the league from what I've seen. Punting Chalmers in January and bringing McInroy in, night and day.

But last night we were still hopeless for the most part and offered so so little. Just praying for Pars and Queens to not pick up more points than us. The last few weeks of the season is going to be mental.

Also, agreed that McGinty was fine last night. As he has been for a lot of the games since the turn of the year. Would still prefer other options though.

Edited by AuAl

8 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

You do realise he made a howler of an error in the second half, but got away with it....

He has been generally fine recently, but has been getting away with his howler moments over recent games. 

You do realise he made a howler of an error in the second half, but got away with it....
He has been generally fine recently, but has been getting away with his howler moments over recent games. 

He did have at least one, think this was the one that Houston bailed him out. Was very lucky.

33 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

If you're referring to the pass back then it wasn't as bad as it looked and Aero's one back to the keeper was in fact much worse.

Incidentally Houston is possibly the worst RB I've ever seen at the club, he can't defend, he can't attack, his crossing is woeful and his positional sense is shocking. McKenzie tries hard but lacks raw ability and so long as we persist with one or both then our right hand side is a complete write off !!

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

If you're referring to the pass back then it wasn't as bad as it looked and Aero's one back to the keeper was in fact much worse.

Incidentally Houston is possibly the worst RB I've ever seen at the club, he can't defend, he can't attack, his crossing is woeful and his positional sense is shocking. McKenzie tries hard but lacks raw ability and so long as we persist with one or both then our right hand side is a complete write off !!

I’ll be honest - I can’t actually remember what the incident was 😂 I just remember thinking he got away with one! I don’t think it was the pass back though. 

He is truly appalling. It is pretty amazing that Blaine Rowe never took Houston’s place, even when he was fit. I’m assuming Hewitt is nowhere near ready to start a game, so where does that leave us - who else could play there? I’m at the point where I think even Fjortoft would be an improvement out there! 
I’m hoping by now that surely Bullen has seen enough of our right hand side in general and is going to change it - whether that’s with Ashford or O’Connor playing out there. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I’ll be honest - I can’t actually remember what the incident was 😂 I just remember thinking he got away with one! I don’t think it was the pass back though. 

He is truly appalling. It is pretty amazing that Blaine Rowe never took Houston’s place, even when he was fit. I’m assuming Hewitt is nowhere near ready to start a game, so where does that leave us - who else could play there? I’m at the point where I think even Fjortoft would be an improvement out there! 
I’m hoping by now that surely Bullen has seen enough of our right hand side in general and is going to change it - whether that’s with Ashford or O’Connor playing out there. 

Good shout, I'm sure someone had previously mentioned that he played quite often as an attacking full back at Crawley and was actually pretty impressive in that role.

Hilarious that the McGinty is the worst player in the universe have gone very quiet[emoji848]

I thought he was brilliant last night. He’s far more composed on the ball and better than the hoof it centre back Hopkin signed. His overall defending still gives me the fear but he’s been fine for now.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Good shout, I'm sure someone had previously mentioned that he played quite often as an attacking full back at Crawley and was actually pretty impressive in that role.

I actually meant for RM, but why not that - couldn’t be any worse!

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I thought he was brilliant last night. He’s far more composed on the ball and better than the hoof it centre back Hopkin signed. His overall defending still gives me the fear but he’s been fine for now.

He drove out with the ball very well at times second half, it’s not something we have had all season. 

He drove out with the ball very well at times second half, it’s not something we have had all season. 

Was the same last week against Morton. It’s not exactly brilliant football but it gets us up the pitch in a far more effective way that just punting it.