The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

On 29/03/2022 at 13:55, Trogdor said:

In terms of next season - I'd take middling season of decent football, avoiding a relegation battle, finishing 6th and a wee cup run thrown in. The last couple of seasons have been fucking grim viewing.

Sorry to break this to you but I’m pretty sure you can’t get promotion this year so unfortunately you won’t see your club hit these heights next season.

Oh hold on a minute you mean you hope that you finish 6th in this division. The Championship? That is really what Ayr fans hope for and class as success isn’t it?

Cracks Me Up Steve Harvey GIF by ABC Network

Star Trek Lol GIF

That 70S Show Lol GIF

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

Sorry to break this to you but I’m pretty sure you can’t get promotion this year so unfortunately you won’t see your club hit these heights next season.

Oh hold on a minute you mean you hope that you finish 6th in this division. The Championship? That is really what Ayr fans hope for and class as success isn’t it?

Cracks Me Up Steve Harvey GIF by ABC Network

Star Trek Lol GIF

That 70S Show Lol GIF

See you again in a year 👍

GettyImages-1319844815-scaled.jpg

88c4d05a70555808c64de4bb82f0b8e49c125897f9c19da053cfc50c299f45c3_5394232.jpg

0_Kilmarnock-v-Dundee-Scottish-Premiership-Playoff.jpg

20 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Tomi even interviews well - what a man! 

Though, I would have liked someone to ask if he is fit to start on Friday night. 

Interviews well but completely swerved the question about next season

The lack of updates about who’s fit for Friday was quite concerning. Absolutely desperate for Dempsey and Tomi to at least make the bench. 

4 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Interviews well but completely swerved the question about next season

The lack of updates about who’s fit for Friday was quite concerning. Absolutely desperate for Dempsey and Tomi to at least make the bench. 

It’s not like he is entirely in charge of that though! Yeah I agree, they miss the most important question sometimes. 

8 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

He certainly didn't seem as if he was defo away at the end of the seasonif we stay up he should be a priority signing

Would love the big fella to stay but I reckon he’ll go back down south regardless of what happens this season

200.gif

200.gif

200.gif

Should easily be as big as Motherwell, St Johnstone, St Mirren, but they just can’t even imagine it. Sad.

I think Tomi will definitely be fit for Friday. They played down his injury and obviously put him up for interview I just don’t think they would if he wasn’t going to make it.

As for next season, yes he didn’t answer the question but it’s not totally up to him and he didn’t say that he felt going home would be his best option. I suspect if we really want him, he’ll stay.

Adeloye seems like the type of player that wants to feel wanted at a club. I think if we made him a good offer and Bullen and Mathie told him about their plans and what they want to do and really made him feel wanted then I think he might stay.

If we managed to get the right players around him I.e McInroy and decent wide players then I think he’d score 15-20 goals in this league easily.

I’m pretty disappointed if Dempsey is still out for the next couple of games, particularly as it makes Bullen’s go to formation even more defensive. Absolutely no excuse to play defensive wide players when you have Kenyon and Murdoch in the team. 

Tomi has said himself this is the first season he’s had a decent run of games in a team . Maybe even his record goals for a season . So hopefully if the money isn’t an issue he’d prefer more of the same next season all be it in a more settled and improved set up . Surely the thought of more wandering round the London non league scene isn’t that attractive .

43 minutes ago, North British said:

Tomi has said himself this is the first season he’s had a decent run of games in a team . Maybe even his record goals for a season . So hopefully if the money isn’t an issue he’d prefer more of the same next season all be it in a more settled and improved set up . Surely the thought of more wandering round the London non league scene isn’t that attractive .

He'll probably get decent Scottish offers as well.

10 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Definitely - he would be a decent option for most sides in this league. 

He’ll have plenty of offers from teams in our league . Hopefully our Chairman can make it not be about the money . 

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I see the club have offered travel to Dunfermline game for £5 if you buy a POTY ticket. Really good incentive as if you got the train up unlikely to make it back for event. 

Lots if forward thinking. being done at club , lots of incentives being announced in near future