The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

He hasn’t been under Bullen...
Once Ashford is back I’m not entirely sure what Bullen will do. 

I think the Raith game will have convinced him to play them both. Whether it’s as a partnership or as you’ve suggested Ashford on the right.

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Seems obvious to me that we could go 433 with the guys who regularly get minutes, still graft and be a little more positive.  Basically the same shape he sets up in as well. 

LINEUP111648375232161.thumb.png.1defc5fac38cb4126683ea50456720d4.png

With Kenyon sitting protecting and not really getting out his own half it should allow the wide players a higher starting position but due to Bullen's negative approach we haven't seen anything like it so far.  

Bryden for O'Connor or Gondoh.

He's just a boy!

56dce1b7-3c59-4deb-8d53-994fdee56259_text.gif

What was said?
I always have them muted because they talk an absolute power of shite.
Saying he was lazy.

He maybe isn't the kind of player who runs and runs, but he's here to score goals and he's done that in a team that hasn't exactly been playing free flowing attacking football.

There is a need for work rate, of course, but it's a team game. Everyone has different strengths, and if players like McKenzie (for example) can run all day so guys like Tomi can put the ball in the net then that is absolutely fine.

The criticism of him is over the top, especially from an official club channel. He doesn't have an attitude problem if he's still turning up and playing while injured despite being dropped to the bench.

48 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Saying he was lazy.

He maybe isn't the kind of player who runs and runs, but he's here to score goals and he's done that in a team that hasn't exactly been playing free flowing attacking football.

There is a need for work rate, of course, but it's a team game. Everyone has different strengths, and if players like McKenzie (for example) can run all day so guys like Tomi can put the ball in the net then that is absolutely fine.

The criticism of him is over the top, especially from an official club channel. He doesn't have an attitude problem if he's still turning up and playing while injured despite being dropped to the bench.

That's a ridiculous thing to say.

According to my dubious calculations, we would be 6 points worse off if you remove his goals.

That's a ridiculous thing to say.
According to my dubious calculations, we would be 6 points worse off if you remove his goals.

I’ve got 8 points which would have us rock bottom, a point behind QOS.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Bullen has criticised the wide players after yesterday then maybe, just maybe, he’ll change something for the Accies game on Friday. I’m not convinced though. We’d be better off going to a back five and three in midfield rather than effectively playing two full backs on either side every game.

I have a wee notion that next season he may try the 532 system . Based on nothing more than the fact that McGinty is under contract . Perhaps with a sweeper behind him and Aero providing security and managing the defence the howler moments will decrease . A pair of decent wingbacks would also need to be found . Maybe Maxwell would do on the left if we could get him , Hewitt on the right ?  

4 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Just watched the highlights and I think we got lucky with the second disallowed goal. If we can get Maxwell, McInroy and Adeloye signed for next season I’ll be more than pleased. Defence needs major surgery and we need more option’s upfront.

I was right beside it in real time and called the foul immediately.

Given that the Ref was giving free kicks for the slightest of contact / touches outside the box, it was a 100% given that he HAD to give a foul on the keeper, otherwise it would have been a complete travesty verging on blatant cheating.

See this Adeloye "thing" about him being lazy ? and that Bullen "doesn't fancy him", is it just me or is this not just a narrative that's been built up by a couple of posters over something said on AU media around Christmas time ?

The reason I ask, is that Bullen mentioned at the "night" about how good Adeloye was and that the "Killie defence just couldn't handle Tomi and he was superb, although he was angry at himself for not scoring".

Now, does that sound like a Manager who doesn't fancy / rate a player ?

I also think we need to hammer it home that the only reason he didn't start yesterday is that he's been carrying an injury and in no way has he been dropped and also nobody at the club (as far as I'm aware) believe that he has any sort of "attitude problem" or is "lazy".

So once and for all, let's get all that talk banished and just hope that he's fit enough to start on Friday as I'm 100% sure he will do, if indeed fit enough.

13 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

See this Adeloye "thing" about him being lazy ? and that Bullen "doesn't fancy him", is it just me or is this not just a narrative that's been built up by a couple of posters over something said on AU media around Christmas time ?

The reason I ask, is that Bullen mentioned at the "night" about how good Adeloye was and that the "Killie defence just couldn't handle Tomi and he was superb, although he was angry at himself for not scoring".

Now, does that sound like a Manager who doesn't fancy / rate a player ?

I also think we need to hammer it home that the only reason he didn't start yesterday is that he's been carrying an injury and in no way has he been dropped and also nobody at the club (as far as I'm aware) believe that he has any sort of "attitude problem" or is "lazy".

So once and for all, let's get all that talk banished and just hope that he's fit enough to start on Friday as I'm 100% sure he will do, if indeed fit enough.

To be fair, the Bullen not fancying him is based on: 

- Benched against St Mirren, absolutely laughably for a front two of Moffat and McKenzie. The judgement there is scary.

- Then started v Hamilton, where I would suggest he was poor. He was then benched v Partick and Bryden was introduced before him. 

- Didn’t even get substituted on against Dunfermline when we were chasing a winner. 

- Was frankly unplayable as a substitute against Kilmarnock, and still didn’t start the following week against Inverness.

- Even after scoring with his first touch against Inverness, and again improving us as a side immediately, he STILL didn’t start against QOS. 

- Only after all of this did Bullen eventually realise that he might be worth starting. 

I was about to post similar, he's had less game time under Bullen than under either Hopkin or Duffy. 

According to transfer market, in the 12 games since Bullen took over Adeloye hasn't made the squad twice (Arbroath x 2) and benched for whole game (Dunfermline). In the 9 games he has featured he has played 357 minutes scoring 3 goals with 1 assist. He's averaged 40 minutes a game in those 9. If you include the 12 games under Bullen it's 30 minutes a game.

He's been injured since Killie at home but it's been clear that Bullen prefers Ashford for some reason. 

Edited by Trogdor

Ashford is a good player but again totally wasted up front on his own.

Adeloye deserves the praise for yesterday but so does Moffat, he brought more to the game than McKenzie did, playing in a different role. 
Ashford and Adeloye need support round about them and we don’t offer that at all. 

I don’t think Bullen has mistreated Adeloye. He wasn’t missed against Arbroath and then when he came back from suspension against Morton he was rotten. It’s fair enough from Bullen to then drop him until he sees enough from him to get him back involved. Fair play to him as he then took his two chances against Killie and ICT. It’s then been shown that perhaps the best idea is to play him alongside Ashford.

I said ages ago that he’s either lazy or not good enough to play up front on his own. It’s clearly the latter although bringing McInroy and Dempsey to the club has helped that a bit.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think Bullen has mistreated Adeloye. He wasn’t missed against Arbroath and then when he came back from suspension against Morton he was rotten. It’s fair enough from Bullen to then drop him until he sees enough from him to get him back involved. Fair play to him as he then took his two chances against Killie and ICT. It’s then been shown that perhaps the best idea is to play him alongside Ashford.

I said ages ago that he’s either lazy or not good enough to play up front on his own. It’s clearly the latter although bringing McInroy and Dempsey to the club has helped that a bit.

At last, a sensible post among the Adaloye is god posts.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Depends how you interpret it IMO. 

- He had one rotten game, numerous other players have had several. I would question why our more technical players are held to a far higher standard than the others. 
- He took his chance against both Kilmarnock and Inverness and then still didn’t start the following week. 

I think he can play up front by himself fine, and has all the attributes to do so - but he needs the midfield to get up in support of him. If you fire balls in his general direction all game, with no support, he won’t do anything. He is excellent at receiving the ball and bringing the midfield into the game - the difference in terms of this when he has entered games recently has been huge. 

ETA, I don’t think Bullen has actually mistreated him - I think he just makes very questionable decisions at times. 

Edited by No_Problemo

I'm not sure anyone was arguing that Bullen has mistreated Adeloye. That seems like a bit of a strawman to me.

I'd say Bullen has undertilised Tomi. He obviously prefers Ashford when he plays one up front. It's his judgement to make but I think he's wrong on the system and the personnel tbh.

Adeloye is the best striker we have had since Shankland (granted there has not been much competition), he was suspended when Bullen came in and I think he maybe had covid over Christmas and took some time to get over it, its fair to say that we look at our best when both him and Ashford play together and hopefully we will see that going forward but the fact Tomi struggled to get into the starting 11 when Bullen came in was more to do with trying to steady the ship more that any personality clash or perseved attitude problem Adeloye supposedly has.

Mistreatment maybe the wrong word. I think Bullen was justified in dropping Adeloye especially as he had just signed a new striker and every manager wants to play their own guys to justify the signing (besides Gondoh who I can only presume has been completely underwhelming in training). Despite the fact we lost to Partick and drew with Dunfermline, Bullen’s decision has probably paid off as Adeloye has looked twice the player at times compared to earlier points in the season where he was clearly frustrated at a lack of support and was, at times, unable to make a difference in games. There also appears to be zero issue with the player and club. There’s maybe some merit to the idea that he’s homesick at times and that’s why he spends so much time back in England when he’s injured or when he’s not training.

If I had to guess I’d say he’ll leave in the summer and be away back to England. But I wouldn’t say it’ll have been because of Bullen. His own history tells you that he stays at a club for a season at most and then moves on.