The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Tomi definitely seems like the kind of guy to be homesick, and I don't think he likes the culture that much up here compared to what he's used to. Would say there's zero chance he stays, maybe we should give him all the awards at the end of year bash to maybe sway him. But he's prob getting them all anyway because who else could possibly get one.

Best thing for us is to secure 8th as soon as so the planning for next season can start

Be interesting to see what Murdoch does next season, really don't know if he'll stay or go, I expect he'll have a few offers and maybe think he's paid the club back after sticking by him with his injury. Wouldn't begrudge him a better move. Could literally be looking at replacing the whole of midfield next season after just managing to put a half decent one together

How good is Adeloye do you think lads?
I thought when he came on against us at Rugby Park he was unplayable and gave us water on the head. Have to say though that in the other 3 games he was anonymous and actually got taken off at half time the last game.Granted, that's the only times I have saw him in the flesh, but do you think he's got the ability to play at a higher level, or is this his limit?

9 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I agree wrt Aumedia. The half time character assassination of Tomi in the Raith game on boxing day was beyond the pale. Despite him having scored as well. You expect better of your in-house media team. I have always muted it and made the mistake of unmuting it for that game. Back to mute they go, the next time I have to stream a home game.

On Bryden, I thought he contributed reasonably well. He put himself about and ran himself into the ground. He certainly contributed more than McKenzie and Maxwell (both of whom seem to be ever presents). I doubt he'd start Fraser on Friday, is Big Sam not back for that one? More likely we revert to 451 with Ashford up front and Tomi on the bench. That's what I expect Bullen to do. I'd prefer to line up as we did against Raith and play Sam & Tomi but I'm not sure Bullen has the cojonas for that.

I never heard it as I stole the game but it's wildly reported the racist tropes that were banded about that day. 

How good is Adeloye do you think lads?
I thought when he came on against us at Rugby Park he was unplayable and gave us water on the head. Have to say though that in the other 3 games he was anonymous and actually got taken off at half time the last game.Granted, that's the only times I have saw him in the flesh, but do you think he's got the ability to play at a higher level, or is this his limit?
1st game at RP he had no service because shitebag Hopkin didn't try to win the game the 1st game at Somerset he along with every player for both teams stunk the joint out 2nd game at RP was as good a performance of the bench I have seen in a while 2nd game at Somerset I thought he did okay considering the circumstances he set up McInroy for our goal and only came off as he was injured, this is first full season playing constantly I think playing with the correct partner up front at least at championship level he could be a 20 + goal a season striker

In my opinion the only striker in the division better than Tomi is Kyle Lafferty. Tomi has played in a stinking Ayr side , with managerial changes galore . If he had played in the 2018 team he would have went past twenty goals no problem . Will he stay ? I hope so , these days we can match most of our rivals in the division for wages , however he may get a contract in the Premiership next season . He’s no spring chicken anymore and he may find it hard to turn down a Livi or a Dundee United .  These clubs will see two grand a week as taking a punt .  For football reasons he’d be better having another season with us next season , hopefully we’ll be an improved model that can support him to the level needed on the field . 

7 minutes ago, Iain said:

I would be interested to know who the highest scorers are for Ayr if you only count players who just had one season at the club. 

Andy Walker got twenty in his season with us . 

9 hours ago, Iain said:

Still surprised nobody got fired for that.

It put me off AU Media / Black and White TV anyway, not a chance I'm ever paying them any £ again if I can't make a game .   Was disgraceful  

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

I never heard it as I stole the game but it's wildly reported the racist tropes that were banded about that day. 

Yup.  They were a disgrace.  Didn't say the words but "blame the big lazy black guy" was the tone I got (and clearly not just me if it's still being discussed) 

Ayr United media/ Black and White TV do a great job promoting the club. The match highlights, pre and post match interviews etc are all excellent.

There is too much criticism and negativity. Some of our supporters need a reality check. We were relegation favourites with Duffy in charge. Bullen has turned things around and I am confident we will stay up. 

Tomi benefited from being dropped and now realises he must put in a shift. Hopefully he will be fit to start on Friday and deliver goals to defeat the Accies.

In my opinion the only striker in the division better than Tomi is Kyle Lafferty. Tomi has played in a stinking Ayr side , with managerial changes galore . If he had played in the 2018 team he would have went past twenty goals no problem . Will he stay ? I hope so , these days we can match most of our rivals in the division for wages , however he may get a contract in the Premiership next season . He’s no spring chicken anymore and he may find it hard to turn down a Livi or a Dundee United .  These clubs will see two grand a week as taking a punt .  For football reasons he’d be better having another season with us next season , hopefully we’ll be an improved model that can support him to the level needed on the field . 

Personally a think your miles off in terms of him getting a move to the premiership. A think he’s fine for this level and without his goals we would be fucked. The chances he’s missed he could of scored another 7 at least should of had a hat trick against Hamilton for a start and should of scored at rugby park. A don’t think he’s got the technical ability the work rate or the finishing to go higher personally. Saying all that I would be doing everything to keep him next season. I’m trying think of a player to compare him to we’ve had. Wardlaw a would say is a similar comparison in terms of ability, he would tend run and run but. His ceiling was playing for us never done it when he went to St Mirren. He was a real fans fav at the time aswell.

Would say Bullen has less turned things around and more stopped the rot...to an extent.

Hoping that his brief this season has been to avoid relegation and that is the reason for his tactical choices, and next season will be different.

But the same thing happened with Hopkin last season so who knows...

The jury is still out on Lee Bullen. He’s been tasked with keeping us in the division which he’s currently on course to do. 

We’ve had a few really impressive away results/performances at Killie, Kirkcaldy and Inverness however home form is a worry. I don’t think Hopkin or Duffy would of went up to these places and won.

Bullens use of subs does concern me at times though, we needed a goal against Arbroath and he takes off an attacking player to bring on a centre half. Just felt like he was happy to take the 1-0 defeat and get down the road. Gondoh and O’Connor can’t get near the team even when we’re chasing a goal. I suspect both will be away in the summer along with a lot of the others. 

25 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The jury is still out on Lee Bullen. He’s been tasked with keeping us in the division which he’s currently on course to do. 

We’ve had a few really impressive away results/performances at Killie, Kirkcaldy and Inverness however home form is a worry. I don’t think Hopkin or Duffy would of went up to these places and won.

Bullens use of subs does concern me at times though, we needed a goal against Arbroath and he takes off an attacking player to bring on a centre half. Just felt like he was happy to take the 1-0 defeat and get down the road. Gondoh and O’Connor can’t get near the team even when we’re chasing a goal. I suspect both will be away in the summer along with a lot of the others. 

In agreement with most of the that , think it’s obvious he either does not trust or rate O’Connor or Gondoh , both them are not good defensively thus leaving full back wide open , would rather Moff played before any of them