The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Has any team who has had 3 managers in a season survived relegation?

I can’t even think of any side that has had 3 managers in a season!

If Bullen and the board pull this off, then it is 100% job done and it really doesn’t matter how they do it.

Next season will take care of itself and I don’t think anyone needs to wet their knickers over it just yet.

26 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Still don’t see any of this attitude issue stuff with him, if he did he would have chucked it after Bullen disgracefully played Bryden in front of him. I’m still fucked off with AU media for starting it - they absolutely hate to praise him. It is founded on absolutely f**k all. 

Is anyone else terrified that Bullen starts Bryden over Tomi on Friday night? In the latest instalment of playing someone who works like f**k, without contributing a great deal. 

I agree wrt Aumedia. The half time character assassination of Tomi in the Raith game on boxing day was beyond the pale. Despite him having scored as well. You expect better of your in-house media team. I have always muted it and made the mistake of unmuting it for that game. Back to mute they go, the next time I have to stream a home game.

On Bryden, I thought he contributed reasonably well. He put himself about and ran himself into the ground. He certainly contributed more than McKenzie and Maxwell (both of whom seem to be ever presents). I doubt he'd start Fraser on Friday, is Big Sam not back for that one? More likely we revert to 451 with Ashford up front and Tomi on the bench. That's what I expect Bullen to do. I'd prefer to line up as we did against Raith and play Sam & Tomi but I'm not sure Bullen has the cojonas for that.

29 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Still don’t see any of this attitude issue stuff with him, if he did he would have chucked it after Bullen disgracefully played Bryden in front of him. I’m still fucked off with AU media for starting it - they absolutely hate to praise him. It is founded on absolutely f**k all. 

Is anyone else terrified that Bullen starts Bryden over Tomi on Friday night? In the latest instalment of playing someone who works like f**k, without contributing a great deal. 

Seems obvious to me that we could go 433 with the guys who regularly get minutes, still graft and be a little more positive.  Basically the same shape he sets up in as well. 

LINEUP111648375232161.thumb.png.1defc5fac38cb4126683ea50456720d4.png

With Kenyon sitting protecting and not really getting out his own half it should allow the wide players a higher starting position but due to Bullen's negative approach we haven't seen anything like it so far.  

44 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Bryden only started as Tomi is carrying an injury , he has only trained twice in 2 weeks and has not taken part in any of the bounce games at training , guy can hardly walk after the game , I think that shows the guy has no attitude issues with the club that he is willing to play through the pain barrier yesterday due to Ashfield being out 

Edited by Finlay21

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

On Bryden, I thought he contributed reasonably well. He put himself about and ran himself into the ground. He certainly contributed more than McKenzie and Maxwell (both of whom seem to be ever presents). I doubt he'd start Fraser on Friday, is Big Sam not back for that one? More likely we revert to 451 with Ashford up front and Tomi on the bench. That's what I expect Bullen to do. I'd prefer to line up as we did against Raith and play Sam & Tomi but I'm not sure Bullen has the cojonas for that.

Ashford is suspended for the Hamilton game.

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I agree wrt Aumedia. The half time character assassination of Tomi in the Raith game on boxing day was beyond the pale. Despite him having scored as well. You expect better of your in-house media team. I have always muted it and made the mistake of unmuting it for that game. Back to mute they go, the next time I have to stream a home game.

Bryden was fine, and impressive enough for a seventeen year old but it isn’t enough for us at this point. I actually thought Maxwell had one of his better games yesterday, but he is too inconsistent. Ashford still has another game to run! 

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Seems obvious to me that we could go 433 with the guys who regularly get minutes, still graft and be a little more positive.  Basically the same shape he sets up in as well. 

LINEUP111648375232161.thumb.png.1defc5fac38cb4126683ea50456720d4.png

With Kenyon sitting protecting and not really getting out his own half it should allow the wide players a higher starting position but due to Bullen's negative approach we haven't seen anything like it so far.  

What you are saying is one of the things that really fucked me off about the starting side yesterday. You have Murdoch and Kenyon who can both sit and protect the defence, but his wide players still weren’t remotely high up the pitch. I also think that style would be made for Daire, who can impact the game higher up the pitch without being hampered with defensive responsibilities. Bullen is just infuriatingly negative though, it’s the lack of balance that gets me. I’m hoping when Ashford returns we will eventually see him take over the McKenzie role. 

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Bryden only started as Tomi is carrying an injury , he has only trained twice in 2 weeks and has not taken part in any of the bounce games at training , guy can hardly walk after the game 

Wasn’t talking about yesterday, was the Partick game I was discussing. 

If Bullen has criticised the wide players after yesterday then maybe, just maybe, he’ll change something for the Accies game on Friday. I’m not convinced though. We’d be better off going to a back five and three in midfield rather than effectively playing two full backs on either side every game.

Well done AGAIN Tommy playing while clearly injured (attitude your having a laugh) the guy was limping off at half time in the warm up. The only thing I’d say is Bullen took a gamble in not starting him to get a half out of him if not fully fit, so credit to him for going with young Bryden  who was excellent throughout the game, and Tommy managed to stay on.Thought Moffat made a big difference also when he came on. Really like the big boy Ledger and the Haynes boy from them.

Houston again horrific lost count how many times he gave the ball away , and Mckenzie run all day but no end product brings nothing to the team, young Bryden on yesterdays showing should be ahead of him for Friday.

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If Bullen has criticised the wide players after yesterday then maybe, just maybe, he’ll change something for the Accies game on Friday. I’m not convinced though. We’d be better off going to a back five and three in midfield rather than effectively playing two full backs on either side every game.

What I really don't get is if we are deliberately playing so narrow then we should start with someone like Moffat. He operates in the pocket between the oppositions defence and midfield and is able to play through balls. We basically resorted to long shots repeatedly from McInroy or Maxwell and McKenzie were getting dispossessed. Tactically it was a bit bizarre I thought. There was acres of space out wide because McKenzie and Maxwell drifted inside and the fullbacks wouldn't cross the half way line.

The wide players sum up Ayr just now. Methodical, flat, non-attacking. 

We have 2 players on the bench who are attack minded but wont get a game. Even with a more defensive midfield we are persisting with Maxwell and McKenzie and its just not good to watch. If we were consistent and getting results I'd see why we are sticking with it bet its not. 

McKenzie and Maxwell are both good players but are blunt in the way they are being played. 

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Has any team who has had 3 managers in a season survived relegation?

I can’t even think of any side that has had 3 managers in a season!

If Bullen and the board pull this off, then it is 100% job done and it really doesn’t matter how they do it.

Next season will take care of itself and I don’t think anyone needs to wet their knickers over it just yet.

A few teams have had three managers in a season. Hearts had three managers during the 05/06 season.

Ayr United had three managers in the 04/05 season - Campbell Money, Mark Shanks and Robert Connor. Relegation to the bottom tier was avoided in the final game of the season IIRC.

13 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

A few teams have had three managers in a season. Hearts had three managers during the 05/06 season.

Ayr United had three managers in the 04/05 season - Campbell Money, Mark Shanks and Robert Connor. Relegation to the bottom tier was avoided in the final game of the season IIRC.

Crikey, I didn't realise that Shanks didn't even last a season. Had in my head he was a season or so before the two Rabs. 

17 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Crikey, I didn't realise that Shanks didn't even last a season. Had in my head he was a season or so before the two Rabs. 

Campbell Money replaced Dalziel and took us down in his first full season in charge. 

He was initially kept on until financial disaster struck in September 2004 and the club was nearly closed down. He refused to go part-time so was let go and replaced with Shanks.

Shanks apparently had some sort of bust up with the board and resigned in March 2005 and was replaced with Robert Connor.

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

He hasn’t been under Bullen...

Once Ashford is back I’m not entirely sure what Bullen will do. 

I think Bullen was annoyed with Adeloye after his performance against Morton at home. He got dropped after that game and has been a bit part player since. Obviously injuries hasn’t helped him.
Once Ashford is back he has to play them both.