The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

It will be difficult if we are missing Adeloye and Dempsey but I am sure Bully will have the team fired up for this one.  He has options and could play Bryden and Moffat up front. He could bring in a wide player and move McKenzie up front.

Personally , McKenzie brings far more to the team than either Gondoh or O'Connor. 

Prediction Morton 1 Ayr 2

6 minutes ago, Stan Quinn said:

It will be difficult if we are missing Adeloye and Dempsey but I am sure Bully will have the team fired up for this one.  He has options and could play Bryden and Moffat up front. He could bring in a wide player and move McKenzie up front.

Personally , McKenzie brings far more to the team than either Gondoh or O'Connor. 

Prediction Morton 1 Ayr 2

Far more what?

We need someone to create, link up with the striker and potentially score, particularly if Adeloye is missing. 

9 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Far more what?

We need someone to create, link up with the striker and potentially score, particularly if Adeloye is missing. 

Think Adoloye will be on the bench , certainly not fit to last any more than quarter of game and could be used when other team tires 

Edited by Finlay21

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

Think Adoloye will be on the bench , certainly not fit to last any more than quarter of game and could be used when other team tires 

Playing for a 0-0 for 70 minutes it is then! Though, if he is struggling that much I wonder how much of an impact he will even have off the bench. 

What are the injuries with Adeloye and Dempsey anyway ??

Dempsey seemed fine when he played against Killie and Adeloye didn't seem like he was totally done when substituted, yet they haven't been seen since ??

Did they pick up knocks in training ??

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

What are the injuries with Adeloye and Dempsey anyway ??

Dempsey seemed fine when he played against Killie and Adeloye didn't seem like he was totally done when substituted, yet they haven't been seen since ??

Did they pick up knocks in training ??

Adoloye has an ankle injury , picked up day before Killie game and only aggravated it during first half of that game , he has only trained 3 days in a fortnight due to it ,not 100% sure on Dempsey but rumoured to be a repetitive calf/thigh strain ( can’t confirm that though ) but Adoloye definitely has been walking rather gingerly for a couple of weeks 

20 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Okay I won’t be there. With that team we have absolutely no chance of scoring, I’ll take 0-0 right now

This is the time the team need support , looking like a decent number going tomorrow 

I’m done for this season dont even think I’ll buy any more streams. I am pretty fed up with this team I haven’t seem them win in the flesh for over 2 years now, I’ve been to at least 15 games( I worked every second Saturday for most of that or would have been to more). 

I hope that bullen can build something for next season, the last few seasons have been really crap. With the balance of the team and the really crap tactics/team selection it’s almost been unwatchable at times. I like what bullen is doing at times but some things are baffling and won’t be surprised when we get relegated this season. Adeloye not being played when fit was a shambles and now being injured  means we are back to round pegs in square wholes again.

8 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I've missed some great Ayr results thanks to being skint when I was younger. But not going to a game based on the team available?? Sorry you've lost me. 

Football is also about enjoyment...

I imagine it’ll be Bullen’s likely set up in addition to the unavailable players. 

I'm not a big fan of blind faith tbh. The team need to excite me to persuade me to go to away games. They did that in the game away to Raith where we actually played Adeloye & Ashford, and I was there to enjoy all the goals. 

I'm still 50/50. The prospect of McKenzie or Bryden leading the line on their own is terrifying. To counter that, our away record is pretty decent and I'm hoping Bullen is playing mind games with players available. If I don't go I will buy a stream. 

The only time I have actually boycotted was when Roberts got a new contract. I was fucking seething. Season ticket wasn't renewed and I didn't go to a game until he was gone. 

If Bryden leads the line in a game of this importance, you'd be as well staying in the house. Can't stress enough how well I hope he does in his career, but from what's he's offered so far in his many appearances, he's a country mile away from being ready to play at this level. 

All this " GET BEHIND THE TEAM!!!!" stuff is all well and good. Football is not free to attend, so although I'll be going I fully understand the points others are making with regards to getting something for your money.

28 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm not a big fan of blind faith tbh. The team need to excite me to persuade me to go to away games. They did that in the game away to Raith where we actually played Adeloye & Ashford, and I was there to enjoy all the goals. 

I'm still 50/50. The prospect of McKenzie or Bryden leading the line on their own is terrifying. To counter that, our away record is pretty decent and I'm hoping Bullen is playing mind games with players available. If I don't go I will buy a stream. 

The only time I have actually boycotted was when Roberts got a new contract. I was fucking seething. Season ticket wasn't renewed and I didn't go to a game until he was gone. 

Yeah - I always say I’ll not buy the stream if the lineup is shite, but I imagine I will - pretty much entirely based on morbid curiosity about how shit it’ll be if Bullen goes with the side I think he will. Love to be proved wrong though!