The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:
2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:
We have the fight in the team to stay up, don’t worry about that

its ability that will f**k us

Other way about for me.

Yep, what fight?  The players disgraced themselves last Friday and you might have thought we’d have seen a reaction against Arbroath.  Instead they mustered no shots at goal and conceded another goal from a near post corner.

1 minute ago, HMIP said:

Yep, what fight?  The players disgraced themselves last Friday and you might have thought we’d have seen a reaction against Arbroath.  Instead they mustered no shots at goal and conceded another goal from a near post corner.

The more I see it the more I think its an own goal 

We’re humped.

13 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Yip. Call me crazy but even if we do end up in the play off place we should be beating any of the league 1 teams convincingly

I wouldn’t be confident at all of beating whichever one of Cove or Airdrie doesn’t win the league.

Bullen has made the same mistakes continually, He’s done a few things that have impressed but at the moment I’d put him on a par with Mark Kerr.

there are signs that he might be ok but really needs to build on them and make us good at something. Exciting to watch or hard to beat. Currently we are neither. 
He’s not built any momentum yet and needs to break the 2 game hoodoo that has hung over the club for almost 2 years.

His set up and tactics have probably cost us between 3-6 losses this season and that ratio needs to come down. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

His set up and tactics have probably cost us between 3-6 losses this season and that ratio needs to come down. 

That seems like an understatement. The set up against K*llie to try and change things after 16 minutes truly baffled me.

5 minutes ago, HMIP said:

After half an hour I thought it was going to be at least 6.

I would have to quit my job and not go to several pubs again and come off all social media.

All credit to Bullen and the players, The game was gone but we never looked in danger after the half hour mark so there is a fight and some pride in the team. 
the team against Arbroath was wrong, Bullen seems to like being comfy. The first half we didn’t look in danger but didn’t cause any threat. He could have changed the players or shape to try and do that. 
We go a goal down and the changes were inexplicable. 

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I would have to quit my job and not go to several pubs again and come off all social media.

All credit to Bullen and the players, The game was gone but we never looked in danger after the half hour mark so there is a fight and some pride in the team. 
the team against Arbroath was wrong, Bullen seems to like being comfy. The first half we didn’t look in danger but didn’t cause any threat. He could have changed the players or shape to try and do that. 

How much of that was down to Killie taking it down to first gear, though?

We’ll never know the answer but McInnes is the type of manager who preserves a lead rather than killing the game off. That will have helped us.

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Don’t kid yourself.  Kilmarnock should have had a penalty for Fjortoft’s handball and the same player had to take a red card to stop them running through on goal.  Could easily have been 5 by halftime.  Kilmarnock settled at half time and managed the game thereafter. The real test was how we responded to that horror show up at Arbroath, and there was absolutely nothing.  Bullen has to take some blame for that with his awful set up.  Moffat must be cutting about on a Zimmer frame if he genuinely has less to offer than a 17 year old who has looked completely out his depth on every showing I’ve seen and appears nowhere close to ready for first team football.

We're fucked, the way Dunfermline played in the first half i've only seen us play as good as that away to Killie in the 2nd half. 

The last two away games of the season to Dunfermline (16th) & Queens (23rd) will decide our fate IMO.

43 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Any news on Tomi being back for Saturday?

If he isn’t, we are utterly fucked. Even with Ashford up top himself in the current set up, this side is going down. We are basically going to be asking McInroy and Dempsey to drag us through as the rest don’t offer much at all. 

39 minutes ago, HMIP said:

I don’t think fight is the issue, it is Bullen’s insistence in playing players who don’t do much more than run about all game. He doesn’t seem to understand balance whatsoever. That’s why Dempsey is so important as he works like f**k but also has some kind of ability. 

There have been games we’ve lost under Bullen where you maybe question what his thinking was there. QOS and Arbroath spring to mind. But I’d still say that the majority of games we’ve lost have been down to shite players reverting to being shite and letting us down again. I’d have him above Kerr right now purely because there has been improvements in certain players that I really would’ve been happy to see the back of. That hasn’t really happened since McCall took over and for me it’s the sign of a decent coach if nothing else. The issue stems from Bullen still figuring out certain aspects of management. New managers never want to lose which invariably leads them to try and avoid losing more than trying to win. Whether this will be a long term thing of his I’m not sure. We haven’t been entirely dull though and have shown that we can play good attacking football. The second issue imo is that Bullen clearly doesn’t have faith in certain players in certain positions. Now, Mathie did some superb work in January in improving our midfield and also Ashford looks to be decent. But it was obvious that not every issue was going to be resolved straight away. We still need a centre back and better wide players. Had Steven Bradley still been here, we’d never have signed Gondoh. People will say it’s a Bullen signing and if he isn’t going to play him why was he signed? It’s either a lack of fitness (which seems strange as he was playing at least semi regularly before he came up to Scotland I think and he’s had enough time up here to build up fitness) or Bullen has seen absolutely nothing from him in training to suggest he’d make a difference. I’d like us to go with both O’Connor and Gondoh just for one game to see if they are a myth or if they can actually make a difference. The pair of them flanking Bryden would be my preferred front 3 on Saturday just to see how we do.

29 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

How much of that was down to Killie taking it down to first gear, though?

We’ll never know the answer but McInnes is the type of manager who preserves a lead rather than killing the game off. That will have helped us.

Kilmarnock had 3 in the middle of the park vs our 2. Putting Murdoch up against McKenzie killed any momentum Kilmarnock had. Dempsey had a huge part in keeping it respectable 

I don’t think fight is the issue, it is Bullen’s insistence in playing players who don’t do much more than run about all game. He doesn’t seem to understand balance whatsoever. That’s why Dempsey is so important as he works like f**k but also has some kind of ability. 

Aye I wouldn’t accuse this bunch of a lack of effort or fight. Unlike last years bunch of wage thief’s I think this lot genuinely want to do well for us but the ability simply isn’t there. I don’t dislike this squad half as much as I do last years.

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

If he isn’t, we are utterly fucked. Even with Ashford up top himself in the current set up, this side is going down. We are basically going to be asking McInroy and Dempsey to drag us through as the rest don’t offer much at all. 

We lined up with 2 defensive midfielders, no real width and one isolated striker up front.  It just wasn’t a surprise at all that we never looked like scoring.  For the umpteenth time this season we waited until we were a goal down before we attempted to be more progressive, but even then the substitutions were incoherent..  

For all the criticism of Adeloye as a lone striker, it’s only taken Ashford 3 or 4 games to get sufficiently frustrated that he earned himself a straight red.  Must be soul destroying spending your day chasing scraps and lost causes.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

There have been games we’ve lost under Bullen where you maybe question what his thinking was there. QOS and Arbroath spring to mind. But I’d still say that the majority of games we’ve lost have been down to shite players reverting to being shite and letting us down again. I’d have him above Kerr right now purely because there has been improvements in certain players that I really would’ve been happy to see the back of. That hasn’t really happened since McCall took over and for me it’s the sign of a decent coach if nothing else. The issue stems from Bullen still figuring out certain aspects of management. New managers never want to lose which invariably leads them to try and avoid losing more than trying to win. Whether this will be a long term thing of his I’m not sure. We haven’t been entirely dull though and have shown that we can play good attacking football. The second issue imo is that Bullen clearly doesn’t have faith in certain players in certain positions. Now, Mathie did some superb work in January in improving our midfield and also Ashford looks to be decent. But it was obvious that not every issue was going to be resolved straight away. We still need a centre back and better wide players. Had Steven Bradley still been here, we’d never have signed Gondoh. People will say it’s a Bullen signing and if he isn’t going to play him why was he signed? It’s either a lack of fitness (which seems strange as he was playing at least semi regularly before he came up to Scotland I think and he’s had enough time up here to build up fitness) or Bullen has seen absolutely nothing from him in training to suggest he’d make a difference. I’d like us to go with both O’Connor and Gondoh just for one game to see if they are a myth or if they can actually make a difference. The pair of them flanking Bryden would be my preferred front 3 on Saturday just to see how we do.

I don’t think there is any justification to start Bryden over Moffat tbh. If we play Gondoh and O’Connor then Moffat is the man to take the ball from them and link things up. I don’t think Bryden is capable of doing that at this point. 

Can Bryden run about a little more? Possibly, but I imagine that is greatly exaggerated - Moffat is a very fit guy. I would far rather have someone up front that can link things up, than someone running around aimlessly.