The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Was thinking that tbh, also someone on the SRE said he was at the Charlton game yesterday aswell. 

Probably in the huff again after getting hooked at halftime of the Killie game. 

10 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Based on absolutely nothing. I’m not entirely sure what the initial huff is based on either, other than nonsense smears. 

Injured player substituted, travels home to visit family and friends while injured. Ayr United fans: he clearly isn’t injured, as you can’t possibly travel while injured, and is in the huff. 

Edited by No_Problemo

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

If you can travel to Portugal, then you are quite clearly capable of playing in a professional football match. 

I had noticed some of this shite directed at Tomi on the SRE, it’s shameful and utter nonsense. 

100%. I don't get the pile on against Tomi. Some of our fans celebrate someone running about contributing the square root of f**k all (ie. McKenzie on Saturday) and lament Adeloye, who has 12 goals, without whom we'd be bottom of the league. Utterly bizarre behaviour.

P.S. I'm not seeking to denigrate McKenzie. I'm just pointing out the double standards. 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Went off half time with an ankle injury , was  50/50 to even start game as got a knock in training on the Thursday 

Edited by Finlay21

The goal it’s self, Hamilton was surrounded by 4 players, all attracted to the ball.

Somehow Hamilton managed to connect and score. It was unlucky that he did. 

but looking at it, if he hadn’t connected, 4 players went to one man, presumably leaving 3 unmarked in the middle. 
Same ball as two of the Kilmarnock goals, right across the 6 yard box, keeper rooted and no one on the back post. 

13 hours ago, motley123rock said:

Bugger all wrong with him if he can journey several hundred miles to watch a game in London. 

I’m impressed that Adeloye can be the scapegoat even when he is out injured.

Tomi was injured before the Kilmarnock game and almost did not play.  If he was such a waster he'd have just been too hurt to play and no bothered. 

If he's decided to stay in England where he spends a lot of his free time then so what. 

Edited by itzdrk

5 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

I have just travelled to Portugal for 5 days with a broken arm , should I have just stayed home as I had an injury ? 

Clearly you were given the ok to fly by a GP/ insurance company. I’ll also assume your not a professional sportsman ( correct me if I’m wrong ). 
Maybe  I should have worded my initial comment differently but having noticed as well that he has an ankle knock then surely he should have been resting this up rather than being on it over the weekend ?? 
I’m not a GP/Physio so what do I know. Im just a frustrated ( again ) Ayr fan wondering/ hoping we stay up. 

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Tomi was injured before the Kilmarnock game and almost did not play.  If he was such a waster he'd have just been too hurt to play and no bothered. 

If he's decided to stay in England where he spends a lot of his free time then so what. 

Rather suspect he’ll head back there in the summer to stay.  

1 hour ago, TONTROOPER said:

Cheers mate.

Sir Dougie is most grateful for the info.

Unfortunately for “sir Dougie” we will be working on it all week to make sure it won’t happen again so I am sure Sean McGinty and Aaron Muirhead have taken this on board and will not let it happen a third week in a row………..

image.gif.ddd72b8f27890effc75babe7eac88a5f.gif

Rather suspect he’ll head back there in the summer to stay.  

Wouldn’t be surprised if he did tbh. Gets unfair stick. We would probably be unable to get a striker that’s gave us the return he has next season if that’s the case. Reminds me of when Robbie Crawford and to a degree Alan Forest left us. Ayr fans (some) never seem to know when we’ve got someone decent until they’ve left. Don’t know if it’s just Ayr fans (some) that are this way or other clubs fans are the same

Tomi came out after half time with ice on his foot which suggest he either picked up a knock or made an already existing knock worse. If he’s unavailable and the club are fine with it (don’t see why not) then the guy can do what he likes. He’d probably be better off down there with his friends and family than up here where he might not have as many people around him.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Tomi came out after half time with ice on his foot which suggest he either picked up a knock or made an already existing knock worse. If he’s unavailable and the club are fine with it (don’t see why not) then the guy can do what he likes. He’d probably be better off down there with his friends and family than up here where he might not have as many people around him.

All the above is totally correct but unfortunately it does not suit some peoples agenda 

I’m not sure sitting on a bus, then sitting in the stand at Arbroath would have helped his foot either. 

He had moved to Scotland to play, trains during the week and plays on a Saturday so trips home will be limited. I’ve absolutely no issue with him going home at the weekend and enjoying himself. 

I doubt he’ll be at Ayr next season but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him pop up somewhere else. He’s given a decent return for the game time he’s been given. 

2 hours ago, malkyshotton said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if he did tbh. Gets unfair stick. We would probably be unable to get a striker that’s gave us the return he has next season if that’s the case. Reminds me of when Robbie Crawford and to a degree Alan Forest left us. Ayr fans (some) never seem to know when we’ve got someone decent until they’ve left. Don’t know if it’s just Ayr fans (some) that are this way or other clubs fans are the same

I seem to remember a few Ayr fans saying we wouldn’t miss Ross Docherty.  Unreal.