The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Is Bullen better than Hopkin? Yes, unquestionably.
is he better than Duffy? Yes, he’s shown a willingness to change shape for a start.
He was a youth coach 3 months ago, much like youth players he has performed under a lot less pressure and results come secondary to performance.
 We have to hope he comes good over the next 6 months. Keeping us up, recruiting well in the summer and having a good pre-season, making us at least top 6 next year. 

if not, we’ll be on our fifth manager in about 18 months. 

Aye he’s a rookie and hopefully he learns but f**k me how little do Maxwell and McKenzie need to offer going forward before he changes them. I don’t think he rates Daire which is fair enough as he’s absolutely a player that gets better the more he doesn’t play. When he does play he looks quick and sharp but I don’t see anything remotely like a final ball from him. f**k knows what’s up with Gondoh. He’ll be in the same boat as O’Connor in that he gets better and better the more we don’t see him. Either Bullen doesn’t rate either of them or he’s negative as f**k. I don’t think it’s the latter as a negative manager wouldn’t have approached the Raith game in the way we did even if he was forced into doing it through injury.

I didn’t watch today so how did Kenyon do?

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye he’s a rookie and hopefully he learns but f**k me how little do Maxwell and McKenzie need to offer going forward before he changes them. I don’t think he rates Daire which is fair enough as he’s absolutely a player that gets better the more he doesn’t play. When he does play he looks quick and sharp but I don’t see anything remotely like a final ball from him. f**k knows what’s up with Gondoh. He’ll be in the same boat as O’Connor in that he gets better and better the more we don’t see him. Either Bullen doesn’t rate either of them or he’s negative as f**k. I don’t think it’s the latter as a negative manager wouldn’t have approached the Raith game in the way we did even if he was forced into doing it through injury.

There is definitely an aspect of Gondoh and O’Connor getting better the more they sit on the bench, but O’Connor was beginning to look very good prior to his injury earlier in the season. His final ball is better than both Maxwell’s and McKenzie’s anyway. That he didn’t trust him off the bench today is pretty wild though. I think negativity is definitely part of Bullen’s decision making!

The guys at the game will be better placed to comment on Kenyon, the steam was pretty poor to give a proper account.  Seemed to win his challenges and retain the ball first half but fell out it second half - I imagine lack of match fitness didn’t help. 

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Hard to tell from the stream, I barely noticed him. That's not a criticism but more that he was rarely on the ball and the camera focusses on the ball.

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

We really need a couple of wins from the next few games or it’ll be nervous times going away to Dunfermline and Queens and looking for a win

I'm resigned to it going to the wire now. 

The next two games are huge, if we want to finish above Morton & Hamilton we need to beat both of them. We're away to Morton and then home versus Hamilton. 

Next week will be a real issue with Ashford suspended and potentially no Adeloye. 

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm resigned to it going to the wire now. 

The next two games are huge, if we want to finish above Morton & Hamilton we need to beat both of them. We're away to Morton and then home versus Hamilton. 

Next week will be a real issue with Ashford suspended and potentially no Adeloye. 

I’ve given up on catching Morton and Hamilton 8th is my target. 

13 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I just want the season to finish now tbh. This season feels like one long trip to the dentist.

I went out of the dentist with a big smile on my face knowing that I wouldn't have to go back in a year. 

I go out of Somerset depressed knowing I have to go back every other week. 

19 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I just want the season to finish now tbh. This season feels like one long trip to the dentist.

The last couple of seasons have been torture tbh. We were spoiled before (under Uncle Ian) but the football has been eye bleedingly bad for the majority of the time since.

I expect we'll squeak out an unexpected win from somewhere but I haven't really seen much from this team, certainly not in the last two games, to be confident that they've got it in them to win a relegation scrap. Bullen's tactics at times certainly don't help, how much of that is his fault with the squad he's got I'm not sure. All for giving youth a chance but when you're scrapping for points they don't have the experience or build to deal with that, not their fault.

29 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I went out of the dentist with a big smile on my face knowing that I wouldn't have to go back in a year. 

I go out of Somerset depressed knowing I have to go back every other week. 

I did not go to the dentist for ten years, because I knew that they would give me shit for smoking cigarettes (I stopped five years ago) and drinking a load of fizzy juice.

When I finally did go, they said my teeth were nice.

No one employed by Ayr United has ever told me that I have nice teeth.

And the dentist has never conceded three goals in the space of 16 minutes during a derby match.

That today was absolutely awful. I’m still wondering what the tactical approach today was. Just getting Ashford to try and dribble his way through a team who press in numbers looked like the approach to me. Did he deserve to go ? I think ( the highlights may correct me ) he went in for the challenge and went over the ball and caught the boy on the ankle. 
Where was the width today ? Gondoh & O Connor must be looking on and thinking “ WTF “ when they can’t get on in that game. Another cross another goal conceded. Plenty of howls at the ref , some justified , but we lost cause we were awful not cause of him. If I could I would bin the whole lot of them. 8th place at best finish. 

12 minutes ago, Honest Dunbar Man said:

McKenzie and Moffat are the only other 2 strikers we have i think........

It would be Moffat for me, but you would need to play O’Connor to try and get close to him. No use only having McInroy who is capable of linking up with him. Knowing Bullen, it’ll either be Bryden or McKenzie - I wouldn’t bother watching in that case. Hopefully we get a Tomi injury update soon. 

20 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

How long is Ashford’s suspension? If Tomi isn’t fit soon we are utterly fucked - the absence of Ashford just adds to that. I dread to think how Bullen would line up without either of them. 

Based on him only just arriving in Scottish football, he won’t have accumulated many points. Depends on what it was classed as but I am guessing it could be a couple of games if it was judged as dangerous.