The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

You must be the same age as me. I remember that 4-0 game as well. I think Andy Ferguson came on as a sub and scored his first goal for the club.

I was also wrapped up warm, wearing four layers, a scarf and a hat at the insistence of my grandparents. 

Couldn't tell you anything about the game other than the score and my Grans preparation for it. 😂 Same age?

Did you get the Beano or the Dandy?

29 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Couldn't tell you anything about the game other than the score and my Grans preparation for it. 😂 Same age?

Did you get the Beano or the Dandy?

I got both. Also, Oor Wullie and The Broons annuals every Christmas.

22 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I got both. Also, Oor Wullie and The Broons annuals every Christmas.

I changed from the Beano to the 007 James Bond Magazine at the paper shop soon after that season. You got cool plastic cards with it.

The PS2 and magazines took my mind off how epic sh*te Ayr were at the time under Campbell Money, talk about oddjob 😂 certainly didn't have the Goldeneye to change anything. Though Ayr's still here to Die another day.

Ayrs a much better team now thankfully. Hoping for three points today. Fingers crossed 🤞. I'd like to see Daire (Dara) get a start after his wee interview.

It's the Razzle magazine I get now 👍😁

7 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I changed from the Beano to the 007 James Bond Magazine at the paper shop soon after that season. You got cool plastic cards with it.

The PS2 and magazines took my mind off how epic sh*te Ayr were at the time under Campbell Money, talk about oddjob 😂 certainly didn't have the Goldeneye to change anything. Though Ayr's still here to Die another day.

Ayrs a much better team now thankfully. Hoping for three points today. Fingers crossed 🤞. I'd like to see Daire (Dara) get a start after his wee interview.

It's the Razzle magazine I get now 👍😁

I loved the PlayStation Magazine. I was subscribed to the PS1 and PS2 magazines, the demo discs were fantastic. 

I did Sony dirty and got an Xbox 360 instead of a PS3 though.

6 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I loved the PlayStation Magazine. I was subscribed to the PS1 and PS2 magazines, the demo discs were fantastic. 

I did Sony dirty and got an Xbox 360 instead of a PS3 though.

I had to get both. Needed Halo, Metal gear and Gran Turismo. Both consoles had messed up Ayr United teams in the Spl, that looked similar to St.Mirren teams who had just disappeared on FIFA 🤔

4 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I had to get both. Needed Halo, Metal gear and Gran Turismo. Both consoles had messed up Ayr United teams in the Spl, that looked similar to St.Mirren teams who had just disappeared on FIFA 🤔

This Is Football had Ayr United in it. I had that instead of FIFA and PES purely for that reason.

Not overly a fan of that side - when you start Murdoch and Kenyon, (and have no Tomi) it should allow you to be a bit more attacking in the wider areas. 

Dempsey being injured is obviously a bit gutting.

Edited by No_Problemo

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Not overly a fan of that side - when you start Murdoch and Kenyon, (and have no Tomi) it should allow you to be a bit more attacking in the wider areas. 

Dempsey being injured is obviously a bit gutting.

Aye, I'm a bit sceptical at the line up.

Getting ragdolled by Killie may well have killed 2 strikers starting for us, for the rest of this season.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

Two defensive midfield mean wee really need to see a lot more from McKenzie and Maxwell in an attacking front

I'm hoping Maxwell is well fired up given he got hooked early against Killie. He looked gutted. If Houston and McKenzie could play like they did against Raith that would be very helpful.

I'm hoping Maxwell is well fired up given he got hooked early against Killie. He looked gutted. If Houston and McKenzie could play like they did against Raith that would be very helpful.
Might also give McInroy a bit more licence to get to the edge if the box if there is two sitting behind him he looks like he's got a few 30 years screamers in him.

9 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, I'm a bit sceptical at the line up.

Getting ragdolled by Killie may well have killed 2 strikers starting for us, for the rest of this season.

I’m not overly bothered about that, as long as the go to isn’t constantly dropping Tomi and having McKenzie and Maxwell out wide. 

In terms of today, the loss of Dempsey limits us attacking wise too so just think we need more out wide as I don’t really think Ashford suits the lone striker role.

Tomi not in squad suggests he is injured - think someone said he was wearing strapping or something after Killie game.    See Arbroath have their sub keeper playing - no idea how good he is but hopefully we test him a couple of times early on 

Never in all my decades of watching Ayr have I watched the club blow so much smoke up one man’s arsehole as they have done with Bullen.  The only comparison I can think of was back in the mid 90s when we were briefly taken in by Simon Stainrod’s swagger and fedora hat.  I don’t think this is going to end any better for us.  Looking at his tactics, team selection and particularly substitutions, it’s hard to avoid the conclusion that he is completely clueless.  

Doesn’t excuse the players right enough - after disgracing themselves last Friday, I was looking for a response today, so to produce such an insipid performance says a lot about them as a group.  Next week looks a write off already given Morton’s improvement and the likelihood that we won’t have a forward line.  That Accies were good enough to take 4 off Partick doesn’t bode well either.  We are basically now relying on Dunfermline and/or Queens being worse than we are.  

We have signed decent players to fix the midfield, that is reducing pressure on the defence and teams aren’t getting a free run at them any more.

The goal today, Hamilton was marked by 4 Ayr players and won the header.

Going forward we are abysmal. All the neat flicks and tricks that Maxwell and McInroy do around the box rarely work and we lose possession. No overlapping full backs, almost no wide play at all. On Afternoons where we struggle to break a team down we are dreadful to watch, it makes me angry how bad we can be.

Ashfords sending off looked like 2 players slide tackling each other, a tangle of legs leading to Ashford stamping on the Arbroath players knackers. 

I feel sorry for Bryden, shouldn’t be near the first team squad just now but is getting flung on at every opportunity for no apparent reason.

What happens next week? McKenzie up front and start O’Gandoh on the right? More likely Baird will play, we will have 5 at the back and maybe dour out a 0-0.

Safe to say we are looking no higher than 8th now and hoping we match Dunfermline and QOTS results.