The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I've seen Ayr be bad before, plenty of times, but this is hilariously bad. Like actually funny.

I'm not laughing. Paid £18 to watch football, not watch the worst game I've seen at Somerset in 24 years. This is awful.

Can’t remember leaving Somerset at half time before!  Didn’t see that coming to be fair - we’ve shown some improvement under Bullen, though our home record since he took over has been wretched, so maybe I should have.

Don’t know how many Ayrshire derbies I’ve seen down the years, but that is comfortably the most inept Ayr performance I’ve ever seen in one of these matches.  Bullen talks a good game, but the home performances that have been served up since he took over have been no better than the dross we endured under Hopkin and Duffy.  

I must say lads that's the first derby I've seen that's only lasted 15 minutes. The clips of you all leaving when the 3rd went in were great, cheers for that. 

Edited by Coooombe

Can’t remember leaving Somerset at half time before!  Didn’t see that coming to be fair - we’ve shown some improvement under Bullen, though our home record since he took over has been wretched, so maybe I should have.

Aye idk what it is in the home matches. Didn’t turn up against Morton and QOS and a pure implosion tonight. I don’t really blame his set up tonight as I was hoping we’d stick with the same team but it was a case of anything that could’ve gone wrong, did go wrong. 3 defensive f**k ups and I couldn’t even tell you who was responsible for each but that was why we lost tonight.

We at least didn’t phone it in and looked better in the second half even with 10 men but up until the sending off it was inexplicably bad.

We’ve been on a good run which means I’m not overly worried. I still think we’ll get 8th at worst but talk of maybe catching 4th is way off. This is still a very flawed squad that has done incredibly well in recent weeks to turn it around from looking like we’d be finishing bottom. Good form over a month or two does not change the fact that we still need 3-4 players to come in this summer and be starters for us. As I said I’m not worried right now and tbh after that second half I’m probably not as annoyed as I should be but it’s a major reality check for us.

10 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Don’t know how many Ayrshire derbies I’ve seen down the years, but that is comfortably the most inept Ayr performance I’ve ever seen in one of these matches.  Bullen talks a good game, but the home performances that have been served up since he took over have been no better than the dross we endured under Hopkin and Duffy.  

I couldn't go to the match tonight due to a work commitment, and I got home just before McInroy scored so I missed the key bits.

What was the formation after the first subs? What went wrong - was it the game plan or individual errors?

I thought in the second half we did OK but we never really threatened their goal.

We will be in real trouble again if we drop points at arbroath next week (which is very likely). Very cliche but they've got to put tonight behind them and just focus on getting whatever points we can. Really disappointed in the way the defence crumbled tonight, they had been doing "relatively" well recently.

I couldn't go to the match tonight due to a work commitment, and I got home just before McInroy scored so I missed the key bits.
What was the formation after the first subs? What went wrong - was it the game plan or individual errors?
I thought in the second half we did OK but we never really threatened their goal.

Started 4-4-2 then after the third we went to a 5-3-2/3-5-2. Fjortoft misjudged a bounce and pulled a Killie player back which got him sent off. I think we just rode out the rest of the second half in a 4-4-1 with Ashford playing off the left and managed to get our goal.

I’ve absolutely no idea what happened for their goals but the second and third were just free headers in our box. The first looked like a decent through ball but we let the ball bounce around on the edge of the box for too long imo.

TLDR, all 3 goals were easily avoidable and had we kept 11 men on the park we might’ve put Killie under more pressure in the second half. Don’t think it would’ve changed the result though.

Just now, rgreig said:

Conceded after 3 minutes - needed to dig in a bit for 10-15 minutes and steady the ship, but instead we decided to completely lose the head and concede 2 dreadful goals from corner kicks.  Bullen inexplicably brought on Fjortoft after 20 minutes to add to the chaos and he lasted 10 minutes, which might have been for the best.  I chucked it at half time, but seems like we at least dug in a bit in the second half.

People on here thinking we played well after the 3rd goal.
It wasn't us being good it was killie stepping down the tempo and we still done zilch in the second half. 

We undoubtedly put them under pressure and they looked nervous tbf. They then just dug in which is a fucking riddy given you’re playing against 10 men had at they actually tried to stretch our midfield and defence could probably have scored another couple of goals.

Definite combination of us starting to come into the game after 3 calamities and Killie not managing the game particularly well.

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Started 4-4-2 then after the third we went to a 5-3-2/3-5-2. Fjortoft misjudged a bounce and pulled a Killie player back which got him sent off. I think we just rode out the rest of the second half in a 4-4-1 with Ashford playing off the left and managed to get our goal.

I’ve absolutely no idea what happened for their goals but the second and third were just free headers in our box. The first looked like a decent through ball but we let the ball bounce around on the edge of the box for too long imo.

TLDR, all 3 goals were easily avoidable and had we kept 11 men on the park we might’ve put Killie under more pressure in the second half. Don’t think it would’ve changed the result though.

For the first goal McGinty let Lafferty bring down a long ball, Reading dived in and Murdoch got attracted to the ball instead of following the runner.

Second one McGinty loses Lafferty who flicked on the corner. Not sure who lost Shaw at the back post for a tap-in, might have been Ashford.

Third goal McKenzie lost his man at the corner.

Every single one woeful. Killie’s delivery was very good tonight and we looked like conceding from every ball into the box. I like McAdams as a keeper but I wish he’d come for crosses, particularly those dropping into the 6 yard box.

McGinty reverted to type tonight, for a guy his size he’s dreadful in the air. Fjortoft’s cameo was simply unbelievable. McInroy was probably our best player but not many with pass marks.

Edited by munro7

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We undoubtedly put them under pressure and they looked nervous tbf. They then just dug in which is a fucking riddy given you’re playing against 10 men had at they actually tried to stretch our midfield and defence could probably have scored another couple of goals.

Definite combination of us starting to come into the game after 3 calamities and Killie not managing the game particularly well.

Yeah, this - we did well second half to actually compete in some form. It obviously didn’t matter though, I would have taken 3-0 the second Fjortoft went off. Genuinely thought it was going to be seven or more. 

I did find it bizarre that Fjortoft was brought on before Baird. I don’t think the formation was the main issue in the first twenty, but we undoubtedly didn’t have enough in the middle of the park. Dempsey also adds so much to us as a team, and compliments McInroy well. I’ve said it so many times, but for me it has to be a form of 4-3-3 with Ashford out wide for the rest of the season. 

Ash Taylor acting the big man, putting a 17 year old in a headlock wasn’t far off being as embarrassing as our first half performance. 

Edited by No_Problemo