The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Tin hat on and call me a crabit old B, but see the amount of adults I’ve spoken to this week who have bought 6 quid tickets online for Friday boils my blood. Surely as an Ayr fan all they’re doing is the club out of money. Definitely something that needs looked at in my opinion 
When I go with my daughter the scaning machine makes a different sound for my ticket and hers that's how the turnstile staff should know the difference between a full ticket and a concession one, not sure they would challenge someone though if they thought they were at it

1 hour ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

Tin hat on and call me a crabit old B, but see the amount of adults I’ve spoken to this week who have bought 6 quid tickets online for Friday boils my blood. Surely as an Ayr fan all they’re doing is the club out of money. Definitely something that needs looked at in my opinion 

Poor show indeed 

Scott Brown looking to rip up his Aberdeen contract immediately. A candidate to be our new Assistant Manager? I don't know if he'd still be looking to play or not but joining a fellow Fifer at Championship level might be quite appealing as he looks to get into coaching and management. 

20 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Got to say, would this guy ever have been on the radar if Hopkin or Duffy were in charge? No chance.

He's a 29-year-old from the English non league who was out of contract. Sooooo... yes? I hope he's a fantastic addition but it's not as if this is some left-field maverick signing.

2 hours ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

Tin hat on and call me a crabit old B, but see the amount of adults I’ve spoken to this week who have bought 6 quid tickets online for Friday boils my blood.

The obvious answer would to be to give the concessions turnstile a 4 feet ceiling.

Scott Brown looking to rip up his Aberdeen contract immediately. A candidate to be our new Assistant Manager? I don't know if he'd still be looking to play or not but joining a fellow Fifer at Championship level might be quite appealing as he looks to get into coaching and management. 

Probably be away to Cyprus to link up with Lennon.

13 minutes ago, Thumper said:

He's a 29-year-old from the English non league who was out of contract. Sooooo... yes? I hope he's a fantastic addition but it's not as if this is some left-field maverick signing.

The obvious answer would to be to give the concessions turnstile a 4 feet ceiling.

He isn’t from English non league - hasn’t played non league in a decade. 

Given the fact that Hopkin would have had umpteen chances to sign an out of contract midfielder in the summer and didn’t, it’s a bit of a stretch to assume that we’d have picked him up without Glendinning or Bullen.

38 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Given the fact that Hopkin would have had umpteen chances to sign an out of contract midfielder in the summer and didn’t, it’s a bit of a stretch to assume that we’d have picked him up without Glendinning or Bullen.

Unless he chapped Hopkins hotel door during the summer, or played in a free agent game for Duffy to watch there is no chance he would have signed for Ayr. 
I’m not saying Bullen, Mathie or Glendinning have played a blinder here but they trying to put together a jigsaw rather than just picking up a wage. 

Unless he chapped Hopkins hotel door during the summer, or played in a free agent game for Duffy to watch there is no chance he would have signed for Ayr. 
I’m not saying Bullen, Mathie or Glendinning have played a blinder here but they trying to put together a jigsaw rather than just picking up a wage. 

Aye

There seems to be some sort of thought or logic that goes into the guys we’ve signed.

2 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

I wouldn’t touch that clown with a barge pole 

4 hours ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

3 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:
4 hours ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

When I go with my daughter the scanning machine makes a different sound for my ticket and hers that's how the turnstile staff should know the difference between a full ticket and a concession one, not sure they would challenge someone though if they thought they were at it

I don't think anything needs looked at, buying a child or pensioner ticket when you're an adult is defrauding the club and your fellow supporters, there is a procedure in place to catch these folk as hursty says, so basically turning up with a kids ticket or turning up with a ticket from the week before is the same thing as it's invalid and as such the person or persons should be turned away immediately and i'm pretty sure that they will.

6 minutes ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

Yes an immature clown who I would rather was no where near our club

He's certainly a wind-up merchant, but it's usually entertaining.

Yes an immature clown who I would rather was no where near our club

I think it’s a tad unfair to label him a clown tbh. He’s a total wind up but every club has had them in the past.

I’d rather we avoided him purely as his coaching abilities are entirely unproven.

5 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

As much as I do believe we need a hard man type in our squad, like Jamie Adams, I believe Scott Brown is a different breed of Fruit loop.

I personally wouldn't want him at Ayr. As assistant or in any playing capacity as he's past it, he's an unproven coach and will probably end up in some obscure role back at Celtic.

Is there no chance Sandy Stewart would come back to Ayr as assistant? Has to be a better former player that could fill that role at Ayr than Scott Brown 😒

Would probably just add unwanted fuel to the fire at our nearly almost annually Sevco game as well 🙄

As much as I do believe we need a hard man type in our squad, like Jamie Adams, I believe Scott Brown is a different breed of Fruit loop.
I personally wouldn't want him at Ayr. As assistant or in any playing capacity as he's past it, he's an unproven coach and will probably end up in some obscure role back at Celtic.
Is there no chance Sandy Stewart would come back to Ayr as assistant? Has to be a better former player that could fill that role at Ayr than Scott Brown [emoji19]
Would probably just add unwanted fuel to the fire at our nearly almost annually Sevco game as well [emoji849]

Sandy is part of Owen Coyles setup that have just won the Indian league. I’d say there’s no chance of him coming back.

Bullen said we’ll address it in the summer as his main two targets could not commit to the role. I think there could be a bit of a shakeup in his support staff once the season has ended.