The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Got to say, would this guy ever have been on the radar if Hopkin or Duffy were in charge? No chance.

It's fantastic to see Ayr getting players like Kenyon, who have a decent experience and pedigree.

The additions that Bullen has brought in are nothing short of magical. Filled in all the positions we've needed and somehow made this team a challenge to come against. Cannot wait for Friday!

58 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Got to say, would this guy ever have been on the radar if Hopkin or Duffy were in charge? No chance.

It's fantastic to see Ayr getting players like Kenyon, who have a decent experience and pedigree.

The additions that Bullen has brought in are nothing short of magical. Filled in all the positions we've needed and somehow made this team a challenge to come against. Cannot wait for Friday!

To be honest under our previous two managers I think we'd be down and out by now. Real feeling of the club start to reach and build. Long way to go yet, but the early signs are promising. 

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Talking of McKenzie, he works tirelessly both up top and tracking back, he creates chances and he even scores goals yet for some reason many of us don't seem to take to him.

I'm not really sure why as he does seem to have all the physical and technical attributes to be a success not to mention his excellent attitude of course.

I'm thinking that one of the reasons is that he came through our youth setup as a striker and was only ever seen by most as a stop gap / sub type of squad player and the other reason might be that we're maybe looking / hoping for more flair in the side but who knows ??

For me he's in the team to work a variety of roles, to get forward in support of the striker/s, to nullify any threat from the left side of the opposition and to have the defensive nous to fill in if Houston overlaps him. 

A collection of thankless, unfashionable, unpopular tasks when you think of each of them in isolation but even less so collectively. Very few players currently in the squad could manage it. 

It means he's seen less in the opposition box but as was seen on Saturday if he takes the attention of the opposition, Houston can benefit on the overlap. 

Have said a few times on here that Mackenzie is a player I like. A lot of his work goes unnoticed and on occasion he is involved in setting up goals for us. Reckon Bullen recognises his contribution and that  explains why he's in the team regularly now. If Dempsey doesn't make it then I'd definitely want Mark in the starting eleven against HMP Kilmarnockshite. If he added more goals - tbf, not easy in the role he's asked to play  - he'd be an even bigger hero to me. I loved his second goal against Dundee last season at Dens and his commitment and energy this season are unquestionable. Lastly, he loves scoring and he would definitely give the scum a GIRUY celebration if he got one against them (which would be nice 🤭).      

McKenzie offers protection to Houston and does the dirty defensive side of the game that Gondoh doesn't. Much the same as Maxwell Vs. O'Conner. It really depends on what the opposition do in relation to how much you would notice McKenzies role. On Saturday there was less defensive work to be done so McKenzie could move in to forward areas more. 

It would have been the ideal game to play Gondoh.....had McKenzie not been involved in most of the goals and had Gondoh not done very little when he did come on. 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

McKenzie offers protection to Houston and does the dirty defensive side of the game that Gondoh doesn't. Much the same as Maxwell Vs. O'Conner. It really depends on what the opposition do in relation to how much you would notice McKenzies role. On Saturday there was less defensive work to be done so McKenzie could move in to forward areas more. 

It would have been the ideal game to play Gondoh.....had McKenzie not been involved in most of the goals and had Gondoh not done very little when he did come on. 

Gondoh was on the pitch for seven minutes. Regardless, McKenzie was the right option when playing two strikers. 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

😍 we need him to press the absolute life out of that Kilmarnock midfield on Friday. 

The question is if Dempsey is back fully fit, does that mean Adeloye is back to the bench ?

I honestly can't see McKenzie being dropped to play Ashford out wide right along with Adeloye, but again, who knows ?

As an aside, Kenyon looks like he could be a pure animal and the fact he was Captain at Morecambe is a big thing as still think we're lacking a bit of leadership and talk when out on the pitch.

12 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The question is if Dempsey is back fully fit, does that mean Adeloye is back to the bench ?

I honestly can't see McKenzie being dropped to play Ashford out wide right along with Adeloye, but again, who knows ?

As an aside, Kenyon looks like he could be a pure animal and the fact he was Captain at Morecambe is a big thing as still think we're lacking a bit of leadership and talk when out on the pitch.

If the question is dropping McKenzie or Adeloye, then I don’t even think it’s a debate - Tomi has been pretty much unplayable recently. Especially as Ashford works like f**k too. 

Edited by No_Problemo

I hope we don't drop Adeloy the partnership of him and Ashford could be very very good and he looks like his heads back in the game, the way he was jumping up and down to show how much he appreciated Ashford setting him up was great to see, A highly motivated Adeloy getting the ball to feet could potentially get 20 goals a season, I pray we don't lose him at the end of the season.

8 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I hope we don't drop Adeloy the partnership of him and Ashford could be very very good and he looks like his heads back in the game, the way he was jumping up and down to show how much he appreciated Ashford setting him up was great to see, A highly motivated Adeloy getting the ball to feet could potentially get 20 goals a season, I pray we don't lose him at the end of the season.

It’s Adeloye mate. 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

If the question is dropping McKenzie or Adeloye, then I don’t even think it’s a debate - Tomi has been pretty much unplayable recently. Especially as Ashford works like f**k too. 

Personally I agree, however I think McKenzie is a personal favourite of Bully and he does appear to be doing exactly what's being asked of him, so I suppose it's a difficult one if he thinks the balance of the side will be thrown out ??

Away from the new signing and strikers debate, was interesting to see Fjortoft coming on instead of Baird on Saturday. Fjortoft no kicked a ball for months and Baird having started the previous game. I think that’s a big indication from Bullen that he doesn’t see Baird in the tram for the future. 

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Away from the new signing and strikers debate, was interesting to see Fjortoft coming on instead of Baird on Saturday. Fjortoft no kicked a ball for months and Baird having started the previous game. I think that’s a big indication from Bullen that he doesn’t see Baird in the tram for the future. 

Don’t think Baird was on the bench?

15 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Baird was injured.